22. Trinity of the Sky VI
27 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clouds gather, and the sun burns hotter. The Dragonewt brandishes his lance at the weakened Sofalia. He is taking great joy in this development. “Kuh~” He snickers. “Kih~hahaha!”

His laughter grates the ears. Clearly, there is a skill involved, but Sofalia doesn’t know what it is. The only thing she knows right now is that she is completely outclassed. It is disappointing that she is not able to finish this with her steel alone. To think that in the end, it will be he who will finish this fight.

That is fine for her as this is her Advisor’s Kindness. She sits on the Ice Shield supporting her in the sky. She weakly returns Brilden to her waist. It is truly a pity.

The Dragonewt mistakes this as her showing surrender. “Tsk,” He clicks his tongue in mild annoyance. “I never knew you are this weak-willed, princess… So what now? Are you going to beg me? Fat chance…”

Sofalia doesn’t give a reaction to the Dragonewt, but simply lies on her Ice Shield, her eyes looking further above where the blue skies endlessly expand. There are also the occasional clouds that the Dragonewt summons.

At the blatant disrespect, the Dragonewt feels his temper rising. If not for what remains on his human features, it will be difficult to trace the expression of anger that momentarily invades his face.

“This is just sad. Be happier princess, I allowed you to strike me, thus sending me to this ascension! My advancement of Legacy is all because of you!” He taunts her, trying to get a reaction out of her.

It is just a fortunate circumstance. Fulius has long reached the pinnacle of his current Legacy, Wyvern Lord. He is making sure to fake his strength back in Eslan so as not to alert the other nobles of the Kingdom. His ambition is truly enormous as he wishes to establish a Kingdom of his own.

By marrying the princess of Blumend, he will make Blumend his new base of operations whereas Eslan Kingdom will unite with Blumend. He has prepared contingencies. He has left his most trusted subordinates to Eslan to raise a coup de tat. He has prepared it all.

Becoming a Dragonewt is just a fortunate circumstance to him as the Legacy Advancement he has requires three things— (1) reaching an appropriate Value of Existence, (2) dying to someone who has a contract with a God, Demi-God or a Quasi-God, and (3) being eaten by your wyvern.

The 2nd requirement is quite difficult as it is impossible for him to just find anyone who has a contract with such an Existence. At first, he is planning to get involved with the church and pay them to kill him.

Alas, that is just difficult as the Church values their faith so strongly, requesting to be killed by their contracted followers is as good as blasphemy to them.

“Why don’t you show any reaction, Sofalia?” The Dragonewt inquires lowering his lance as he feels his desire to fight getting weaker. “I am now a Dragonewt! A Quasi-God! If I advance to the next level, I will then become a Demi-God, and after that? A GOD! A GOD I SAY!”

There is a mania in the Dragonewt’s voice, something so eerie that anyone who hears him cannot help but feel fear. Yet, Sofalia does not hear any of his rants. To her, Tier 8 is definitely strong and worthy of worship, but she has seen stronger.

Sofalia yawns thinking why her Advisor is not interfering yet. ‘Is he respecting my wishes?’ She thinks to herself, recalling the time she requested her Advisor to allow her to fight.

Realizing this, Sofalia stands once more, honoring her Advisor’s words that it is only right for her to respond to his expectations. ‘Yes, I wanted this, so I should try to fight until the end.’ Her actions echo her feelings.

The Dragonewt seeing her struggle to stand up guffaws. “Hah~! This is it! You must struggle, princess! Maybe if you are able to entertain me, I might just take you as my wife!”

Slowly, saliva pours from the Dragonewt’s mouth. “Ah~ I am so hungry…” He intones sadly. A Dragonewt’s appetite is as fearsome as a Dragon. The advancement to the next Legacy for the Dragonewt is especially troublesome as it requires a great deal of energy.

‘The fight is not yet over until one enemy remains.’ Her Advisor’s words echo in her mind as she envelops her Brilden with Frost Runes. The effects of Brilden becoming stronger the colder it is, shines once more, but this time, the chill is concentrated to the rapier, thus the colder it is.

Combining skills to create a combo is not the end of Skill Sequencing. Items too with their unique effects play a vital role in combat. The Absolute-Zero state and Chilling Winds take effect on Sofalia’s Brilden.

Within seven meters of Brilden, anyone regardless of level will suffer from frostbite, and anyone who gets the touch of Brilden will suffer from Crippling frostbite.

“Unfortunate,” The Dragonewt comments, no longer a smile on his face. “The difference in realms are just too much…”

Skill— Draconic Stance: Meteor Impact

The once Wyvern Impact has become a Meteor Impact. The evolution of Legacy doesn’t simply change the individual, but also the skills he carries to some extent. The Dragonewt bathes in flames as heat escapes the pores under his scales. Faster than Sofalia will ever be is the Dragonewt’s single burst!

Skill— Draconic Stance: Dragon Claw

The Dragonewt waves his hand in a claw shape, unleashing an attack that packs 70% physical damage and 70% magical damage which makes the Dragon Race a truly fearsome existence. The Dragons are an existence that can cause physical harm and magical damage at the same time.

Sofalia cannot even fight back.

“Die,” The Dragonewt simply declares.

To the Dragonewt’s surprise, however, a hand is holding his wrist. In front of him is a Warrior that he has never seen before. “Go…” The Warrior tells Sofalia. “You did your best… I am proud of you…”

Sofalia beams into a smile as she retrieves a Feather Wand, a seemingly ordinary feather quill, a consumable item that lets its user teleport to a hundred kilometers away.

“Who are you?” The Dragonewt scrunches its face at the unexpected turn of events.

Meanwhile, the Warrior maintains an apathetic expression, feeling not an iota of concern as the Dragonewt’s mouth boils with dangerous heat. “I am the Queen’s temporary Advisor…” he cooly explains himself.

***

There is a saying within the gaming community that Tier 8 is a Quasi-God, Tier 9 is a Demi-God, and the impossible Tier 10 is a God.

In my whole millennia, two centuries, and a couple more years of existing within Vanaheim’s Mirror, there has never been a Tier 10. The last update of Vanaheim of upgrading the level cap is roughly twelve years before the game’s end of service.

That 12 years is about 800 years of game data by AI standards within the Virtual Realm.

I wonder, is there any Tier 10 to this world? Maybe, my actions now will lead to me meeting one which I really don’t know what to feel about. Fear? Maybe, because death will be close at hand if that is to happen.

“~Grooar!”

Ultimate Skill: Dragon's Breathe

Flames of negative and dark nature assault me with ferocity. I ignore the furious elements that will even threaten a Tier 9. It is because of my Mythic-Grade Sword— Darkbringer: Darkness Authority.

Its Devourer of Darkness trait is enough to suppress the Dragonewt to a lower tier. Thus, explains the patheticness of the Dragonewt.

Only Mythic-Grade weapons can carry an Authority, and only Tier 9 Legacy Wielders can brandish them. Unlike Brilden, Sofalia’s Legendary-Grade weapon, Darkbringer is infinite times stronger.

“Let me educate you… on the difference of our realms.” I raise my right palm and swing it downwards.

Skill— Strike

It is the most boring beginner skill for warriors, but in my hands, it is so much stronger, not to mention my Darkbringer’s Darkness Authority suppressing the Dragonewt. The Dragonewt pitifully crashes down the earth and embeds himself to the earth causing a crater to emerge with the Dragonewt as the center.

In the world of Vanaheim, there is something called Hidden Attributes. For the Dragonewt below me who has a very dark personality, it is expected that he has darkness and negative attributes.

If he is to continue getting stronger and evolving his legacy, he might become a Tier 9 Black Dragon in the future. Every Tier 9 is unique on its own. If I meet another Tier 9 ArcWarrior for example, despite how similar our Legacy Pathways are, we will still end up as different.

This is the source of Vanheim Online’s fame as uniqueness has become the contending criteria of the FSVRMMO at that time. Not that I know other games except Vanaheim.

I shatter the Ice Shield from whence I stand with a single tap of my foot. I gracefully descend from the air while using Aura Step to adjust my momentum with gravity.

“There is no need for any fancy fight…” I tell the dazed Dragonewt.

Skill— Slash

I unsheathe my Darkbringer and bring down my sword to his neck. There is some resistance, but I easily behead him nonetheless. The Dragonewt’s vitality dwindles. I imagine his HP plummeting at crazy speeds as blood trickles from his wet red neck.

The first time I slash a Tier 8, I did not use any skill. But now, I have to use one, as the Dragonewt in front of me dare resist. I recall the vampire, Minen, who asks me to kill her. The one in front of me wants to live. I can tell that much judging by his charging of another Dragon’s Breathe. Alas, there is no need for me to see his futility. His death renders the charging of Dragon's Breathe null.

I turn my back to the dead Dragonewt. I will have STRF collect his corpse. Looks like my job is about to be finished. There is only clean-up for the aftermath to busy myself with, and my obligations with Sofalia are done.

3