Chapter 38: Finally a Worthy Opponent!
5.2k 16 248
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just a few minutes before the Golden Sword attacked, Gu Ran and Xiao Hong decided to help their fellow sectmates.

“{The Demonic Cultivator that is fighting Senior Sister Jun Meiling now is extremely cautious. Our involvement now will not bring much significant advantage to the Purple Spirit Sect.}” Gu Ran communicated with Xiao Hong over Qi transmission - he was scared that this inexperienced Junior Sister would rush out to attack upon seeing her Sect mates in trouble. 

“{So we should wait for the right opportunity!

“{In just a few more minutes, Senior Sister Jun Meiling’s Spirit Transformation Art should fail. At that time the Demonic Cultivator that is fighting with will definitely take advantage of her state to deal a devastating blow. A blow that will cripple her Battle Strength or completely end her!}” Gu Ran explained to Xiao Hong who nodded seriously. “{But.. This is also when he will be the most vulnerable to attacks!

“{If we attack at this time, we will gain the most advantage with the least amount of loss!}” Gu Ran finished explaining and looked expectantly at Xiao Hong.

‘As expected of an old fogie! He somehow always knows the right action to take!’ Xiao Hong resisted the urge to nod her head. She didn’t want to nod again; she felt like her head might fall off if she nodded a few more times! These few days she’d been travelling with Gu Ran she’d learnt a lot, but at the same time, she also had to acknowledge that she had learnt from her Senior Brother so she was forced to nod.

Gu Ran continued waiting for her to nod. In the past few days he’d travelled with her, he felt rather addicted to Xiao Hong nodding in deference to his vast knowledge. She was the possessor of the Stellar Primordial Body, after all. It was a great boost to his ego that even the possessor of the Stellar Primordial Body had learnt from him and could be considered half his student! 

Besides, it was also a treat to see such a beautiful girl nod cutely - he was sure she did not mean to act cute, but apparently, it came to her naturally. 

But, this time, Xiao Hong adamantly refused to nod! She felt it was unhealthy to nod so often. 

Gu Ran could only sigh in defeat. He decided not to offend the possessor of the Stellar Primordial Body over something so trivial.

And thus they waited as the battle raged on.

Xiao Hong’s heart clenched every time Jun Meiling was nearly injured. It was quite the test for her willpower to not jump out to help.

It was then that Xiao Hong felt a slight disturbance in Jun Meiling’s aura - the disturbance that Gu Ran mentioned would happen. Immediately, she started weaving 18 hand seals.

Shwing!

Buzz!

‘Fuck!’ Xiao Hong nearly lost control of her Zhenqi when she sensed the terrifying Sword Intent radiating from Gu Ran who had shot out of the ground. ‘Buddy, you’re supposed to be a Mage, not a Swordmaster!’ 

This protagonist seems to have mastered everything to the point Xiao Hong could only stare in awe! She was now pretty sure that she was merely the Jade Beauty who was supposed to be in the protagonist’s Harem, not the protagonist herself!

The revelation of this fact left her depressed.

So, to vent her depression, she pumped a massive amount of Zhenqi into the Dark Flame Serpent after shooting out of her underground hiding place. She controlled the ball of flames to fly towards Ji Wuyan who had just been struck down by Gu Ran’s sword!

BOOOM!

A tremendous shockwave was generated by the blast obliterating a large number of trees and scorching the ground!

And then dozens of lightning bolts slammed into the Demonic Cultivator.

Gu Ran’s jaw nearly fell off when saw the excessive power exerted by the Dark Flame Serpent! He turned to look at Xiao Hong who had a dark expression on her face.

‘Who offended her?’ Gu Ran felt pity for them and the Demonic Cultivator who unfairly bore the brunt of the offended fairy maiden.

Then he saw Xiao Hong glance his way, cluck her tongue in displeasure and fly towards the other disciples to help out.

Gu Ran: “???”

‘It was me who offended her? But how? How did I offend her?!’ Gu Ran felt women’s brains were really too difficult to understand! He suddenly recalled his late master’s words, ‘If you really try to understand women, you’ll find yourself tearing your hair out in a few minutes. So don’t even bother!’

Gu Ran suddenly found wisdom in his master's words.

***

Xiao Hong flew towards the other disciples of her sect and started attacking the… Divine Sea realm Demonic Cultivators! 

It couldn’t be helped! Ever since she had been transmigrated, she’d only been bullied by much stronger cultivators. Not a single person she fought with was weaker than the Disaster stage! The ‘weakest’ one she’d fought was Qiao Guiying, who was somehow among the stronger ones instead.

So, Xiao Hong now wanted to bully some Divine Sea stage cultivators! She even had the urge to shout out to the Heavens, ‘Finally, a worthy opponent!’

Summoning a Dark Flame Serpent, she overtook it and shot towards a peak Divine Sea stage moustached disciple who was being suppressed badly by his opponent, “Junior Brother, let me help!”

The moustached disciple’s heart rose in hope, but when he realised it was only an initial stage Divine Sea, he nearly cried, ‘“Let me help”, my foot! Who gave you the confidence to attack a peak Divine Sea cultivator?! Moreover, he’s a dual cultivator of Body and Essence!’ Just as he was about to warn this Junior Sister, a massive fist slammed into his gut and blasted him away!   

The Demonic Cultivator also had a strange look on his face, he turned towards Xiao Hong after he casually punched the moustached disciple away, “Haha, since such a beauty has delivered herself to… Fuck!” Just as he was watching the beauty, he noticed a titanic Dark Flame Serpent was tailing after her! 

He nearly shat himself! He’d seen how even Ji Wuyan was nearly blown apart by the Dark Flame Serpent. He turned around and executed his Movement Art to its fullest extent - he did not want to be blasted into the high Heavens!

However, Xiao Hong wasn’t going to let go of her victim - ahem - opponent so easily! 

Star Shifting Steps! 

She directly appeared in front of the fleeing man and threw out a delicate fist! 

The Demonic Cultivator was confused, ‘Is something wrong with this girl’s head? Why is she punching without any Technique? In fact, she’s not even using her Qi.’ But a smirk appeared on his face. He was a Body Cultivator after all. So he also threw out a punch. He was already looking forward to the girl’s arm breaking under his! As for her cultivating the Body? He did not even think of it. How could she have such perfect skin if she practised Body Refining?

Crunch! Boom!

But unlike his expectations, reality gave him a harsh slap. 

“Aaargh!” Just like that the arm that had crushed countless lives exploded and he was sent flying! And before he could even gather his wits a massive pillar of black flame descended upon his head, burning him to a crisp!

The moustached Junior Brother who had gotten up and had run back to support his ‘Junior Sister’ also saw this sight. Immediately a chill went down his spine! ‘Dammit, how is this a Divine Sea initial stage?! I would believe it even if she told me she was a 4th Disaster Expert!

‘Thank goodness I didn’t open my mouth!’

“Thank you for your help, Senior Sister! You’ve saved my life!” The moustached disciple inclined his head and clasped his fist towards Xiao Hong, who was feeling incredibly refreshed that it was her bullying other Cultivators rather than the other way around. 

She nodded to the moustached Junior Brother, feeling oddly satisfied upon being called a Senior Sister, “It is my duty, Junior Brother!” Saying so, she shot towards the other disciples locked in combat; she couldn’t get enough of bullying the weak - ahem - she couldn’t wait to help her Martial Siblings!

On the other hand, the moustached Junior Brother felt the admiration in his heart grow. ‘Not only is Senior Sister Xiao talented and beautiful, but she is also so caring to her Sect mates. It is no wonder that people are so fond of her!

The eerie smile on Xiao Hong’s face as she crushed the Demonic Sect’s disciples seemed more like a Goddess’s smile of Salvation. He even felt that they were lucky to be killed by Senior Sister Xiao!

Indeed, people in love were scary!

***

In just a few minutes, Xiao Hong had ended the lives of five Demonic Cultivators at the Divine Sea Realm and most of the time was spent moving from one place to another.

At this moment, a thought suddenly struck her, why weren’t these Demonic Cultivators running for their lives? Obviously, the strongest among them was already done for, so why were they still here?

Looking around she saw Gu Ran who had a ghastly expression on his face as he shot towards Ji Wuyan.

Xiao Hong’s eyes fell upon Ji Wuyan who was hit consecutively by multiple attacks and was supposed to be dead. He held a faintly glowing token in his hand. Seemingly noticing her gaze, his horrifically charred lips stretched into a hideous sneer! His lips mouthed several words:

You are done for.’ And his soul vacated his body.

In just a few moments, several huge Demonic Aurae erupted in the distance and rapidly closed in on them from different directions! There were six 8th Disaster Demonic Cultivators and behind them were dozens of cultivators at the 6th and 7th Disaster and even more at lower levels!

In the disciples’ eyes, the compounded aura of the Demonic Cultivators joined together into a singular whole and rose to the sky, dying it a shade darker. A shade redder.

248