Chapter 37: Darth Sidious
1.1k 8 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lying down in a bunk I surfed the holonet on my datapad. Just allowing time to go by.

Eventually I knocked out of my musings by a knock on my door.

Shutting off my datapad I sat up. "Yes, who is it?"

"Master Jedi we have arrived at our destination." A voice told me.

"Understood. Thank you." I replied.P

I then heard footsteps going away from the door.

As they did do I stood up and got dressed.

I then exited my room and started heading for the loading area of the ship.

As I did so I passed by several windows and got a glimpse of the planet outside.

It's stunning.

Truly and utterly beautiful.

Which is why I will not allow it to be obliterated from existence like in the original timeline.

Since the planet I just arrived at is Alderaan.

The reason I am here is because I am on a mission.

Of sorts.

Senator Bonteri was chosen to be a guest speaker at a week-long workshop hosted by the Legislative Youth Program.

Which is a Galaxy wide organization devoted to the education of youths who have an interest in public service.

From what I've learned about the organization its been around for quite some time and has produced several highly noted civil servants.

A lot of Galactic senator's have participated in the youth program before officially starting their careers in politics.

Mina herself is actually an alumni of the program.

Hence is why she was selected as a guest speaker for this event.

As to why I am here Mina requested that I join her. So that I may speak to the youth of the program about the jedi and Jedi Order.

Which I agreed to.

Though to say I am not a little nervous would be a lie.

Still, I think this is a good opportunity to educate those who will most likely become high-ranking political figures in the Republic by the time the Clone Wars roll around about what the jedi and Jedi Order truly are.

Which hopefully will make them question Order 66 should it still even come to pass.

I also feel that educating youth is important.

So yeah.

Here I am.

Continuing on my way I reached the loading area of the ship in no time at all.

Just as I did so the ramp lowered.

Mina and her aides starting to de-board the ship as soon as it did so.

I quickly joined them.

As our party walked across the landing platform I noticed the current senator of Alderaan ready and waiting to receive us.

Bail Antilles.

As soon as our party reached him he walked up to Mina and extended his left hand.

"Senator Bonteri, on behalf of Alderaan I welcome you. It's an honor to host you." Bail spoke.

Whether he means it or not I'm not sure.

Mina lightly shook Bails' hand with her own. "Senator Antilles I thank you for the welcome." She spoke.

The formal greetings then came to an end.

Once they did so Mina and Bail separated from the rest of the party and went off on their own.

While the rest of us were shown to our rooms by palace guards.

After getting settled I decided to take a look around.

Since I've never been to Alderaan before.

Moving through the palace halls I took in artwork hanging on the walls. As well the designs in architecture.

I also greeted any guards or palace employees I passed.

Or rather they greeted me, given my status as a jedi.

Once two hours passed I returned to my room.

Deciding to get a quick nap in.

Since I had a gathering to attend in a couple of hours.

***

My back against a wall I was standing in a small out of the way corner of the hall currently being used to host the party I am attending.

It started a few hours ago after I woke up.

The party itself is a small meet and greet for the children and teenagers here for the week-long workshop hosted by the Youth Legislative Program.

As I look around the room I can see kids from many different species and planets all across the galaxy.

The fact that they can all come together like this truly amazes me.

Bothan, Rodian, Torguta, and Wookie are just a few of the species I see represented here today.

Now as to why I'm not interacting and basically hiding it's because most of the people in attendance are kids.

Hardly any adults are present and those that are just rub me the wrong way.

That's why I am keeping to myself.

The only reason I am even attending this party is because Mina asked me to do so as a favor to her. To let these kids meet and greet a real jedi.

Though so far none of them have actively approached me.

Instead they have just stared and whispered.

Well if that's what they want to do then fine by me.

Feeling my stomach rumble I pushed myself off the wall and headed over to the buffet table.

As I picked up a plate and started filling it with food I stopped in my tracks when I suddenly sensed another Jedi presence.

Turning around I zeroed in on the direction was it coming from.

In doing so I saw Jorus C'baoth enter the hall. 

The dark lord of the Sith and the mastermind of the coming war himself, Sidious accompanying him as he did so.

This night just took a massive turn for the worst.

To say C'baoth and I don't get along would be an understatement.

He's an arrogant ass whose ideas of force-users being superior to non force-users sound way to similar to Nazi ideology from my previous life.

The fact he hasn't fallen to the dark side become a dark jedi leaves me in disbelief every time I see him.

As for Sidious my reasons for disliking him should be obvious.

The man is a narcissistic power-hungry sociopath. Who will do anything to achieve his goals.

Even send most the galaxy into a war.

The only reason I haven't exposed him or dealt with him yet is because his master Plagueis is still alive and I have no idea what kind of contingency plans he might have in place for such events.

So even though it pains me I have to allow Sidious to keep breathing a little while longer.

But once I have whittled down his allies and power base enough his ass is grass.

That's a promise.

Turning away from the pair of psychophant's I went back to filling my plate.

Then once I got enough food I quickly moved and found a table in a corner where I sat down and began enjoying my meal.

Where I planned to stay the rest of the night and hoped Sidious wouldn't notice me.

Since the two of us have never met in person and I don't want to break that particular streak until he becomes Supreme Chancellor.

Even then I will do my best to avoid his gaze.

If only for my own piece of mind.

Just as I finished cleaning my plate I noticed Sidious and C'baoth heading in my general direction.

I hoped they weren't heading towards me.

But my hopes were quickly shot down as Sidious and C'baoth came right up to my table.

"Greetings master jedi. I don't believe we've ever had the pleasure of meeting." Sidious spoke.

His kind grandfatherly old man act perfect. I can't find any faults with it.

Hell if I didn't know who and what he was I would trust him slightly despite this being our first meeting.

Now I see how this guy wormed his way into Anakins' heart and mind in the original timeline.

But the jedi didn't do themselves any favors in that regard either.

Calming my emotions I stuck out my hand and Sidious began shaking it. "Hello there senator Palpatine. No I do not believe we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. But I have heard of your exploits. My name is Van Zobek, a pleasure."

"The same to you by young jedi." Sidious replied.

We then stopped shaking hands.

After we did so I turned to C'baoth. "C'baoth."

"Knight Zobek." He replied. "I must say I never expected to see you here."

"Well my friend senator Bonteri asked me to come and speak to the children during this week about us jedi and the order in general. It seemed like a good idea so here I am." I explained.

"Ah yes, educating these children about us is important." C'baoth spoke. Pride in his voice.

I definitely don't like the way he just said "us".

"It truly is. Especially if these young children are to become senators of heads of states in a few years. Since we jedi work closely with both groups often I feel introducing ourselves sooner rather than later can help strengthen the working relationships we will develop." I explained.

"My what a thoughtful and wonderful outlook you have knight Zobek" Sidious spoke.

"Thank you senator." I replied. "So, do you mind what I ask you and master C'baoth are doing here?"

"I was simply here to have a chat with senator Antilles about an upcoming vote that will take place in the Senate in the next few weeks." Sidious explained. "Master C'baoth accompanied me. But we will be leaving tomorrow. However when I heard the students of the Youth Legislative Program were here I decided to come and see them. Since as you pointed out quite a few of them will be leading this galaxy in the future. And as an alumni of the program myself I wanted to see if I couldn't offer any of these bright young children some advice."

'You mean find ways to manipulate and blackmail them you psycho old fuck.' I thought.

But outwardly I simply nodded my head.

"I see. Well good luck in your endeavor then." I replied. "I hope you have better luck than I have had reaching these children."

With that I took my leave of the table and then the party entirely.

My mind going over my first encounter with Sidious again and again.

Looking for any weaknesses that I can exploit to fuck him over.

This trip is turning out to be more productive than I thought it would.

I'm glad I agreed to come.

***

Time remaining until the Invasion of Naboo: 2 years

Time remaining until Order 66 takes place: 15 years 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

32