Chapter 31 – How long have I been unconscious?
2.9k 7 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I started to cry, my aunt started to get desperate, asking if I was in pain, but as I was not able to talk very well, I didn't answer her once.

So to try to regain my voice in some way, I just said to her, "Water." Drinking water will not cure my throat, but it will help a little, I think it will take a while for it to stop hurting.

And after a while, I already had my glass with water in my hands, and it seems that it was my uncle who went to get the water since my aunt did not let go of my hand for an instant.

After I drank the water, I felt much better than before, but what bothered me most were my eyes, I couldn't open them very well, and my vision was very blurry.

But now the most crucial time has come, how long have I been sleeping? To get to this state, I indeed stayed asleep for a long time. Even if it's not for months, I may have been out for weeks.

Or maybe just a whole month, but I won't know if I don't ask. But I'm still afraid to see the truth.

Even with fear, I asked: "How long ... did I ... stay ... asleep?" I had to take a few breaks to be able to speak a sentence, but even so, my aunt could understand well.

Whenever I say a word, his smile increases, even more, it proves that her concern was very high when I was sleeping.

"How can I say ..." My aunt was saying a lot, and it was like she didn't want to talk about anything here, I think the situation was complicated than I thought, it certainly was longer than I think it was.

She stood there for a while without saying anything, it's like she was afraid to talk to me, but I'm starting to accept it, I'm sure I was sleeping for a long time, now I just need to take it.

"Speak ... don't ... worry ... worry." I told my aunt while I was preparing to listen to what she had to say, and then she decided to speak. She said in a tearful voice, a little concerned.

"Four months, you've been sleeping for four months." Four months? Is it? How did I stay alive all this time, even though I slept so long? There is no kind of probe to feed me in this world.

"Four ... months .." I was still a little confused by it all, even though I had accepted it all before, I still wasn't feeling very well after hearing that.

I spent four months of my life, sleeping, sleeping, doing nothing, just worrying about my family.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine now, you'll be fine, I-"

"How ... did I ... not ... die?" I cut off my aunt's speech, but now that was more important to me, it doesn't make any sense that I stayed alive after sleeping for so long without eating.

"Well, all the elves in the village helped me a lot with their treatment. It took a lot of daily treatment to keep their bodies well." And she continued: "After so long using magic, we were almost done, but I kept them going."

"You seemed to be at the very beginning, and I was pleased, but no matter how many days passed, you never woke up, but I still made all the elves treat you every day, and it seems that I did the right thing." I felt his hand squeeze mine.

It seems that they managed to keep me alive using magic, I didn't know that magic could replenish nutrients in a body, well, I think it didn't help much since I feel so weak.

I can take a while to recover, but I need to thank everyone afterward for helping me all this time, I think I ended up giving a lot of work.

While I was thinking about some things, my aunt, who was still by my side, said: "I'm sorry Yuukina, I shouldn't have let you fight, if I had helped you earlier, you wouldn't have suffered this injury." As I thought, she blames herself for it.

Well, I'm not going to say that she has no guilt since she encouraged me a lot to fight against that thing, but even so, I will not throw all the blame on her, I was also stupid when that happened, I practically killed myself there.

So I have no reason to crucify her for that.

"No ... it was ... your fault ... your ..." I just said that and then I decided to rest, and after that moment, my aunt stayed by my side the whole time, I think she won't leave my side, and I like this.

62