Chapter 35 – Explanation.
2.7k 7 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After waiting a while with my uncle, my aunt came home. She was all dirty since she was hunting in the middle of the forest, so I waited for her to bathe for us to talk.

I didn't want to talk to her while she was dirty, I prefer to speak more calmly, as this is a subject that can be very serious, so the best option is to talk comfortably with her.

She also may not know anything that is going on, so I still have doubts as to whether she will help me with anything, but as she knows more about this type of thing, I am hopeful that she will help me.

"Do you think she can help you? I'm not sure about that." My uncle seemed concerned, he always trusted his aunt a lot, but it seems this time he is a little confused about it.

"I trust the aunt; she will help me. She is the person I trust the most; I am sure she will do it now." Yes, my aunt was the person I trusted most at the moment.

Even making me fight that thing, I still like it very much, and I trust it as before, I can't be sad or angry if she didn't know how to help me. As they say, people cannot know everything.

And what is happening to me is very strange, there may be something much more dangerous behind it, so she may not know anything.

"Even if she doesn't know, she will find someone who can help me," I said to my uncle while smiling I believed in her a lot so that this situation would be no different.

"Yes, you are right." My uncle put his hand on my head and caressed me while saying this, and this is a beautiful way to console me, I thank you for that.

But he continued: "Even if you can't get back to normal, your aunt will still protect you, you know that, right?" All that he did to console me was unnecessary since he said it afterward.

Doesn't he seem to be hoping that I'll be back to normal, maybe because of my injury? Did he see how serious it was, and is he skeptical about it? Well, I can't change his opinion about that.

I didn't see the severity of my injuries, but as I almost died, I can imagine how it all went.

"Yes, I know." I smiled at him because I knew that was true.

Even if I don't heal and become "strong" as before, my aunt will be here to protect me. This is true. I'm sure she will never abandon me.

But the only thing that bothers me for being in this state is not being able to fulfill the promise I made to myself to get my mother there. If she is still alive, she is suffering a lot.

##############

After waiting a while, my aunt got out of the shower and came to my room, where I was sitting on the bed waiting for her. My uncle, who was beside me, was in the kitchen preparing dinner.

"What? Can't you fight anymore? Why?" My aunt looked surprised, so she started asking me a lot of questions.

'Well, it was to be expected that something like this would happen, it is bizarre for a person to be debilitated from this form even after being cured.' I was thinking while trying to find words to explain.
I don't know why I was having so many difficulties, and it was a natural explanation.

"Since I started my training, there's no use, the weight of the sword remains the same, I can't even swing it," I said while squeezing my hand with all my strength, that it wasn't much.

And then I continued: "Besides, my resistance does not increase, it is as if my training is not having any effect, I am training for no reason." I was close to crying, but I held on.

All the while, my aunt was listening and said nothing, but she seemed quite surprised at what she was hearing.

However, her surprise was not evident for a long time, because after a while, she smiled, turned to me and said.

"Don't worry; you're just under a curse." Did she say, smiling at me with a giant smile on her face, wait, is that a reason to laugh? I'm cursed here. You know that, right?

"Why are you laughing? But didn't the elves heal me? Why am I cursed?" I was too confused by all of that, but she soon responded.

"Well, healing magic doesn't take away curses, you know, there are people who work just to remove them, you should have told me what was going on before, things could get worse." She had a stern face now.

"But really? What could happen?" I swallowed dry.

"Well, the curse could kill you in a few months, but your curse is still in its infancy, it is not difficult to remove." My aunt looked happy.
"And how do you know you are at the beginning?" I asked.

"Well, if your curse were too advanced, you wouldn't even be able to walk, I've seen people in that state, you know?" My aunt looked sad when she said that, but she continued, "Don't worry, tomorrow I'm going to take you somewhere." She smiled.

Well, should I not worry?

54