Chapter 42 – Easy work?
2k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't want to work with my aunt because I still think this is a job. If I keep fighting monsters, the only thing I will be doing is training, so I was not wrong. This is training.

But as I had nothing to do, I decided to accept her proposal. I think it is better to be working with her than training alone and being watched by everyone in the village with strange looks.

They don't look at me with those contemptuous eyes anymore. It seems that most people in the village helped me when I was injured, I am deeply grateful for that, and I'm happy that they are treating me better now.

'But there are still children.' Even though the older ones don't treat me as before, the kids still like to look at me with a strange look, maybe they are afraid of me, and I can understand that.

Now is not the time to care for them; I find it difficult for me to have contact with these people at some point. I prefer to be alone with my aunt, that's what I want to do; living with your family is the best option.

'Let's go now.' It had been a few days since my aunt's proposal, so today was the day I was going to start my work. I hope it's not too dangerous.

Well, we're going to be close to the village. I don't think there are any dangerous monsters near the village, I think my aunt would take care of them alone anyway. She is a strong woman.

"Climb." I was walking beside my aunt when she suddenly jumped on the horse and asked me to get on right afterward, and of course, I obeyed her and climbed on top of the horse.

He was a little tall, so I had a little trouble, but I managed to get up without my aunt's help. She seemed to be proud of me, I don't know why, since this is such a simple thing.

"Listen, normally you just need to keep your eyes wide open, pay attention to everything around you, don't let anything enter the village, this is our job." My aunt looked very serious.

"This is not dangerous, right?" I was hugging my aunt's body, and when I said that, I felt my arms tighten, even more, I realized that and loosened my arms a little, I think I'm getting too scared.

After what happened to me, I'm a little afraid to fight some strong monster.

During my training, I left the village once and fought goblins and small monsters, but I don't know if I could face another dragon again. Maybe I will be paralyzed, but I won't know until it happens.

"Don't worry, there are no dangerous monsters near the village, but maybe we will find humans, it is more normal than it looks." After I heard that, I said, "What, humans?" Wait, what are they doing here?

"Shh, speak softly, no one should overhear you are talking about them, you may be in trouble." So that's right, humans enslave elves just as they did my mother. It's a regular thing.

I hope I never fall into the hands of any human.

######

We spent hours walking around the village and killing some goblins and small monsters close to the village. It seems that it can be dangerous for children if you leave something like walking near the village.

An adult elf would kill a goblin without any problems, but children would end up being caught by them and would end up being taken away. It is something more familiar than it seems too.

My aunt said that in this village, she had cases like this, but the children were recovered but ended up with irreversible trauma, so it is better to prevent this from happening by killing all these things.

'I think I know the reason for the trauma.' If it's like in stories, goblins will use these kids as sex toys.

But I don't want to imagine it, it's disgusting, and I don't want to have it in my mind.

Now let's talk about work. I think it's a simple job. My aunt seems to be hunting monsters like these all day. Does she get tired of doing something like this? Well, this is her job, but it must get tired at some point.

"Auntie, don't you think it is boring just killing goblins and these weak monsters?" I'm sure my aunt is strong enough to kill a dragon. She must be bored with it.

"No, really, I think I'm doing the right thing, and doing the right thing doesn't bore me, but I do like it, especially when they show up."

"They?" I couldn't understand what she meant until she repeated it and pointed to a place farther from the village.

"Those people, do you know how I like to kill them? That's what I like about this job."

 

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

48