Chapter 49 – And now …
1.7k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your situation does not look good, how am I going to say this to her?" I told her to bring him inside on impulse, but I don't know if I can do anything to help him right now, his situation is very bad.

She said she hadn't noticed anything wrong with him, but that is impossible, for a person to be in that state, he needs to be cursed for a long time, he should have shown some pain.

'What did you do?' I put my hand on his face and started to think if I could do anything, but everything I thought about doing would not work, no matter what.

Would I be able to do anything if I were better able to do this? Wait, I can't put these thoughts in my mind, let's start with that, let's try to help you.

I put him in the basin with hot water and started to do as I always do, started to say all the prayers I could at that moment, I tried as hard as I could, but whenever I looked at him, nothing changed.

His face was still pale and his body was still cold, it looked like he was already dead, the only thing that made me sure he was alive was his breathing, but I don't think he will continue breathing for long.

I approached him still and started talking to him as much as I could, I started talking about his wife who was waiting on the scent side of the room, and I also talked about his beautiful niece who is at his house.

He would have to be strong and put up with all this to continue taking care of them and living with them, he needs to stay alive and he needs to overcome all of this.

"Let's go, please." I started to despair a little, I already had difficult cases, I always end up getting nervous in this situation, it seems that all this time has not made me stronger in these situations.

Ha? ~~

As soon as I was almost giving up, his hand started to move, it was the first time that I saw him move any part of his body since he arrived here, I started to have a little hope and I kept praying right there.

In addition to praying, I started using as much recovery magic as I could, I will use all my magic if necessary, but I want you to be okay, do you hear me?

"F-Flora, where is she?" I thought he didn't even have the strength to move his body, but a low voice came out of his mouth, I was surprised for a moment but I soon answered his question.

"She's outside the room, she's waiting for you, okay?"

"Call her."

"I can't, I need to continue the treatment."

"Can't you continue treatment with her here? I want to be with her." With every word he said I could see the body, he is in pain even to speak, but even so, he keeps calling for her.

But I don't want to do that, I don't want to let her continue to see her husband in such a situation, she may be very nervous and may get in the way. I know I have no right to prevent her from staying here, but I think it is better that way.

Do you really think I want a friend, yes, she is my friend? I don't want to see another friend suffering, don't you think I've been through this many times in my life? I've lived for a long time.

So I have to change his mind.

"Listen, she can get in the way, so I think it's best not to do that."

"I'm going to die, right? I know I said, I don't even feel much of my body anymore." He smiled at me.

"I just want to be by her side when I die, I just ask this, I want to feel the warmth of her hand one last time."

"I also wanted Yuukina to be here, but I couldn't even talk to her before I left, I feel bad about it, but I think she will understand why I left her behind without saying goodbye, won't you?"

As soon as I started to hear the words coming out of his mouth, I felt tears come down my face, can't I really do anything to help you? I don't want this to end like this.

Perhaps because he suffered from the curse a second time? Is there a curse so strong that it can do that to a person?
"Listen, don't say that, you're going to die."

"Your tears-filled eyes won't let me believe you, call her, please."

I started to feel even more moved the moment he said that, I think I can't go against him, I must do what he asks, right? I can't stop someone from spending the last moments of their life with the person they love.

"Okay, I'll call you."

"Thank you Esmeldy, you are a good woman."

No, I couldn’t help you, I’m not good enough to do the things I do, I lived a long time so I couldn’t help even some friends of mine, they were thrown away for years

 

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

48