Chapter 52 – Yes, it happened.
1.9k 7 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you alright?" As soon as I left the room I found Esmeldy standing up while looking at me, I realized that she was also not well, her eyes were red and her voice was a little shaky.

I will not blame her for this, she has known Benjamin for a long time, she may feel guilty that I was unable to do anything to help. She is not to blame, of course, I would not blame her, there is no point in doing that.

"No, I'm not at all well, I could die now, but I can't." Yuukina's image came to mind, I can't leave her alone, and she doesn't even know what happened here.

"I understand." Esmeldy just shut up and sat down, and I sat next to her. I had already cried so much inside that room that I can't even cry anymore, I think my tears have dried up.

I do not know if this can happen, but I am sure that my tears have dried up, at this moment I can only keep silent and suffer silently.

"Listen, I did everything to help, I didn't want that to happen." Just as I thought, she is blaming herself for this, but I know it wasn't her fault.

"You are not to blame for anything, it was my fault that you did not realize that there was something wrong with him, if I had noticed earlier the curse might not have gotten so strong."

Yes, I blamed myself for that, he was already suffering for a few days and I didn't realize any of that, for sure he would be alive now if I had realized, I am a horrible wife, am I not?

"Nobody is to blame for anything, it happened what had to happen, didn't it?" I said as I looked at Esmeldy, the tears that I thought were dry started to come out again.

"Flora." After that, I felt my body being hugged by Esmeldy, it was a warm hug and it helped me a lot at that moment, and of course, I returned his hug.

"Don't worry, he is in a better place now, you will get over it." She was right, I am strong, am I not? I will get over it, I will get over his death.

But the more I thought about it, the more pain I felt in my chest, who was I trying to deceive? I'm just an emotionally weak woman. Even though I am physically strong, I am weak.

The only thing going on in my mind right now, what am I going to tell Yuukina? What will she think when I arrive in the village holding her uncle's body? I don't know how I'm going to do this.

"Esmeldy, how am I going to do this?"

"Do what? Tell me." Esmeldy had a welcoming voice.

"How am I going to tell Yuukina that your uncle is ..."

"Don't worry, just talk to her, Yuukina is a strong girl, she will accept everything." I don't know how she has such confidence in Yuukina, but since she is saying that, I can trust Esmeldy.

But I think this is partly true, Yuukina is a strong girl, maybe she is stronger than me, but I still doubt if she will accept everything easily, it will not be so easy.

"Esmeldy, thank you."

"For what? I couldn't do anything."

"Just because you tried to do something already makes me very happy, and you're here with me."

"I'll stay with you until you regret it, you can cry all you want, I'll be here, okay?"

"Thank you."
###########
"Are you already better?" Lucy, who was still at the side, asked worriedly, but at that moment I was already managing to control myself, I still had that horrible feeling, but I was managing to control myself.

I must also control myself for her, she is younger than me, even if it is only a year, she is still younger, so I cannot make her nervous or worried.

"I'm feeling better, thanks for being concerned," I said as I wiped away the tears left on my face, I know something happened, but it is better to pretend that everything is fine for now.

"Good thing, I didn't know what to do, I almost ran to call someone, I thought you were in pain."

Yes, I was in pain, but it wasn't physical pain, but better to say nothing, I'm sure she doesn't understand any of that.

"No, I was just feeling sad because I'm away from my aunt, that's why." This was partly true, it would be better if she was beside me at that moment.

"I understand, sometimes I get that way when my mom goes somewhere, don't worry, in a little while your aunt is back."

Well, it's already late, I'm sure she won't be back today, I think it's better to sleep now, I believe that tomorrow when I wake up everything, will be back to normal, and the two will surely be here.

"Yes, then, it's time for bed." I smiled at Lucy.

"Aren't you going to wait for your aunt to arrive?"

"No need, it's too late, when we wake up tomorrow she'll be here, okay?"

Since Lucy's mother had allowed her to stay here, we both lay together in my bed, it didn't matter if we slept together, I think it's okay.

I hope that tomorrow everything is back to normal, no, I'm sure it will be, right?

 

 

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

49