Chapter 53 – Coming home.
1.6k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was already the next day, when I woke up Lucy was lying next to me while she slept, I looked through the small opening in the window and realized that it was dawn now, for sure it is too early.

'They arrived?' I got up from the bed with a lot to not wake Lucy, rubbed my eyes and raised my arms to stretch my body, after that I decided to go to my aunt's room, if they had arrived they are here.

As soon as I entered my aunt's room, there was no one inside, the only thing I could see was that bloodstain that was still on the bed mattress, as soon as I saw that blood, I almost vomited right away.

I didn't want bad memories to come back, but after seeing that blood it is impossible for those memories of when I was little to come back to my mind, moreover, I start to remember what happened yesterday.

If they are not here, they can only be outside.

I ran out of the house, as soon as I opened the door, a cold wind hit me making my body tremble, I had just got up so I had little clothes, it was a horrible cold sensation.

I never really liked the cold, but that wind was the coldest I've ever had on my face, making me think of bad things again, everything indicates that something bad has happened, but since yesterday I don't want to think about it.

"When are you going to arrive?" I closed the door and went inside the house, then I sat next to the door to wait for them, I don't know how long I'll be able to stay here, but I'll wait for them here.

Haaa ~~

I sighed deeply and leaned my head against the wall of the house, as soon as I was starting to sleep again, I heard footsteps coming towards me, when I opened my eyes I saw Lucy in front of me.

"What are you doing there? Haven't they arrived yet?" She was cuter than usual while rubbing her eyes, I could hug her now, but I'm not excited enough to do that.

"No, they haven't arrived yet."

"Are you going to stay there waiting for them? The ground is cold, you're going to be sick." It is true, there is also cold in this world, well if I have to get sick I will stay because of that morning, but I think it is better to take care of myself.

"Okay, let's go back to bed." I was still very sleepy, and only asleep could I wait for them without that anxiety.

"Right."

Then we lay down again and in a short time, I was already sleeping again with Lucy.

########

"So, is everything ready yet?" I said as I left Esmeldy's house while walking slowly, I was preparing myself psychologically to go home, I was in no hurry to return.

But there is no way to stay here, Yuukina is waiting for me and I need to be with her right now.

Yuukina still doesn't know that her uncle is dead, but I need to be beside her when she finds out, I can't leave her without knowing about it, I couldn't do that, I need to tell her.

"His body is already inside, I hope you carry it carefully and be careful what you say to Yuukina, even though she is a strong girl, the way you tell her what happened will help."

It seems that Esmeldy's thoughts walled off, yesterday she was saying that Yuukina was a strong girl, but now even she is in doubt, seeing this she is even more worried about telling her this.

"I don't know if I'm going to make it, I don't want to have to face Yuukina and say that her uncle died, when I think about it my heart breaks into pieces, she liked him very much."

"I know it's difficult, but you need to do it, I've seen things like this happen before, not with people so close, but I've seen it happen."

"What will happen if she says I didn't save him or something?"

"She wouldn't do that, Yuukina is a smart girl, you know that yourself, she would never say that."

"Yes, I know, I'm just making up excuses for not having to go back to the village and meet with her."

"I understand, but you need to do this, I will help you to put the coffin on the horse."

And so, the coffin was placed tied on top of the horse and I would go to the village on foot, it would take longer to carry the coffin while I was mounted on the horse, it would be dangerous.

"Be careful on the way, and I wish you luck, I will be praying for Benjamin."

"Thank you."

And so I said goodbye to Esmeldy and started walking and heading towards the village, I feel that things will get complicated when I get there, but I have a lot of time to prepare.

"I'm going to let your niece say goodbye to you, did you hear Benjamin? She'll be able to see you one last time, I promise you that."

 

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

46