Chapter 58 – Let’s get over it.
1.7k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shit, what is that?" After walking for a while in the forest, I found Yuukina lying hidden behind a tree, what the hell is she doing here? If she wasn’t making those sounds, I wouldn’t find her here.

But leaving it all aside, I want to know what it is, this thing on her leg. When she ran out of the village, she had nothing like that on her leg, this is very strange, how did it happen?

Maybe she got hurt somewhere while running into the woods? No, this is impossible, this wound is certainly shaped like a hand, and it is all dark, there is no way for a person to get hurt like that.

"Yuukina, are you there? Wake up, please." I started to despair for a moment because of her moans of pain, besides, her body was all sweaty, it was like she was suffering a lot.

Aren't you going to tell me that she's also sick like your uncle? Don't do this to me, I don't want it to happen to her again, and I don't want to be alone either.

'Don't die, okay?' I held my tears and took her in my arms, started running with all my speed towards my house, I wanted to lay her down in a comfortable way to see what I could do.

This is nothing like the illness that Benjamin had, it doesn't make sense of all that is happening, is it a good idea to take her to Esmeldy's house? But I don't want to disturb you so often.

I ran with Yuukina in my arms to my house, many curious people came to see what was going on, but I didn't have time to explain, I put Yuukina lying on her bed and started to hear small moans.

'Is she waking up?' Her little eyes started to open slowly, and she had stopped sweating that way, I think she's a little better, but I still can't calm down.

"Are you okay? Are you in pain? What's with your leg?" I started asking a lot of questions, making Yuukina's eyes widen and getting a little confused, but I answered right away with a simple: "I'm fine" and a smile on my face.

"You're not doing well, look at that thing on your leg-" Where are you? Where's that thing?

I was speechless when looking at Yuukina's leg, that black hand that was on her leg disappeared, how did that happen? When did that thing disappear? I was looking and I don't remember when it happened.

"I'm fine, really." Even though she said she was fine, I could see the emptiness in her eyes and I could also see that she was shaking.

"I was lying down, don't get up now, please obey me." I had to force her to lie down, I don't want her to get up and end up falling because of her weakness, this is obviously going to happen.
"I already said I'm fine."

"AND I HAVE SAID YOU'RE NOT, SHIT."

"Aunt?"

"Do you know how I'm feeling? I can feel my heart breaking into pieces with every second that passes, I'm not at all well with the death of your uncle, do you understand that? I don't want you to suffer too and I got sick just like him, I want you to be fine."

I started to vent everything I was feeling in front of her, the only thing she could do to keep her watching me say everything here, so I took advantage and continued, no matter who I was listening to.

"You are the most important person to me right now, so I want you to be by my side today, okay? I won't be alone today, I can't do this, so I want you to be with me.

I feel like an idiot and useless to be saying this to my own niece, but still, I continued.

"I know you are suffering too, but we are going to be together today, we are going to overcome his death and continue living as an ever, all right?" I hugged her with all my strength, I could feel that she was still shaking.

Yuukina took her arms and placed them on my back, hugging me as tightly as she could close to her, and that hug lasted a long time, while I continued to feel her small body trembling and the small crying sounds she was making.

Of course, I also couldn't help myself and started to try to cry, but I was almost tearless, so I could just keep silent while supporting Yuukina as much as I could, and I want to continue supporting her until all this is over.

But how long will it take for us to get over this? It may never happen, and it makes me a little scared.

'I can't think that, we're sure to get over it, right, Benjamin?'

 

*************

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 68), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

50