Chapter 68 – Am I doing the right thing?
1.3k 0 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We sat there for a while, I was the only one who needed to rest, but my aunt was there to keep me company, and during my rest, I wanted to take the opportunity to ask a few questions.

"Aunt, who were these men?" That was the most important thing for me now, to know who these men were, and why they were attacking our village.

I was being stupid at this point because I already knew the reason for this to happen, humans enslave the elves, and for that reason, they attacked our village, I just didn't want to think it was just for that reason.

"I have no idea who they are, but they are probably involved with the people we killed that day."

"You mean that group of humans?"

"Yes, I heard some of them talking about it, that I had killed some of their friends, so they were certainly companions of those men I killed around the village."

So that's it, in addition to wanting to enslave humans, they still had a bigger reason, which was the death of their friends. But it doesn't make sense, we were just defending us, if we didn't do anything, they would attack us.

Or are you going to say that they were around our village by mistake? Of course, they knew where they were, and my aunt just took care of them before the worst happened.

"So they attacked the village for revenge?" I asked.

"I'm sure it's not just that, they also wanted to kidnap the elves, so revenge is just a minor thing, it wasn't the main objective." That makes sense, if it was just revenge they wouldn't have kidnapped that many people.

"Do you know where they went?" Maybe she had an idea since she knew the surroundings of the village, they probably don't live very far from here.

"I don't know, but as soon as I found out, I'll pay a visit." My aunt gave a forced smile and also looked away a little, of course, she was lying, she certainly knew where these men came from.

'I shouldn't be asking, because I probably know where they came from, too.' I'm pretty sure they came from the same place I was at when I was born, as far as I remember it's not far from here.

It's been a long time, so my memories are a little bit messy, but I remember the vagueness of that house, or maybe I can call it a mansion where all those children and women were imprisoned.

And of course, the same place I left my mother behind.

But now is not the time to think about it, the time for my revenge will come, and I want to make them suffer twice as much as I have suffered in this world, I will do my best to make it happen.

At the moment, the only thing we can think about is the lives lost, the children and women taken, and of course, the people who were left in the village, surely there should not be many people alive.

'I still have to talk to Lucy.' She must still be hiding, I have to go there quickly, and I am also disgusted by being surrounded by so many bodies, this is making me sick.

I stood up with my legs still shaking.

"Listen, didn't you see Lucy's mother while you were fighting these men? Didn't you pass her?" I asked my aunt before going to Lucy's house.

I didn't get any response from her, so I already knew what she meant, but I was going to look for her mom on the way, maybe she is also hiding somewhere.
########
I left my aunt behind and started walking while looking for Lucy's mother, but everywhere I looked I could only see the bodies of other elves, besides the few that were left crying over the bodies of dead people.

It was such a sad scene that I was feeling my chest ache, but I moved on just ignoring it all.

But as much as I looked for your mother, I couldn't find anyone, but your father? Well, I managed to find him, but he was already lifeless, and he was also a considerable distance from the house.

'He fought hard to save his wife, but she ended up being taken, this sucks.' It made me feel bad, he died to try to save his wife, and yet she was taken, this is horrible.

How will I say this to Lucy? How can I tell her that her father is dead and that her mother is no longer here? Can I really do that? I don't know if I can do this, I think I can imagine how my aunt was feeling.

But I need to tell her and stay by her side.

She stayed with me when I needed it most, I think I should return this favor, I should stay with her and help her through this, I cannot abandon her at this moment.

I'm sure she'll get over her father's death.

As much as I say this, I'm still not quite sure about my uncle's death, whenever I start thinking about it I start to feel bad, so I prefer to occupy my mind with other things.

Which in this case is to help those people who needed me right now.

'Listen, uncle, I'm doing the right thing, am I not?' I took a deep breath and went inside Lucy's house.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 78), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

41