Chapter 69 – Trust me.
1.2k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I entered the house, the silence continued the first time I came here, it seemed like a ghost house, and that no one was inside, but I was sure that Lucy was still here, so I walked up to the bedroom.

As soon as I entered the room, I started to hear Lucy's heavy breathing, she seemed to be scared.

"Hey, Lucy, it's me, don't be scared," I said as I approached the bed and bent down to meet his eyes.

When she saw me she breathed a sigh of relief but soon started to cry, I stopped myself from crying too, because I felt like crying with her, but I stayed strong.

I'm a horrible person, I was crying like that when I found out that my uncle died, now I'm here playing hard in front of a little girl who just lost her father.

"Is everything okay already? Is everything okay? Sniff" She said while crying, and of course, I just answered honestly: "The men are gone, but it's not all right, there are a lot of injured people out there, in addition to dead people."

The moment I said about the dead people, Lucy crawled out and made me get up at the same time, and the moment she stood in front of me, she asked, "And my father, do you know where he is? And my mother?"

I continued to watch her in her dirty clothes and her bloody hands asking that, but I couldn't find words to tell her what I had seen outside.

'Take a deep breath and say.' I had to say, even though she is sad, I am here to support her, am I not?

"Listen, Lucy ... Your father, he ..." When I started to hesitate a little, Lucy started to approach me and took my clothes: "Hey, say, what's going on with him? Say, please" She was rocking me desperately while crying.

I could feel the strong grip of his hands on me, and I could also see his red eyes and the tears running down his face very well, and it was at that moment that I decided to speak.

"Your father, he ... died." The same moment I said that I hugged her as tightly as I could, it seemed that time had stopped, that silence hurt me, but the silence was broken by the cry and Lucy's words.

"Hey, it's a lie, right? You're lying, aren't you?" She continued to struggle in my arms but I continued to hug her as tightly as I could, and after some time struggling in my arms, she also hugged me and started to cry in my arms.

I just stood there hugging her while controlling myself not to cry with her, it was a painful scene, and it was hurting me, I'm breaking the news of the death of the father of a girl I just became friends with, it hurts.
########
After hugging for a while, I also talked to her about her mother, that I couldn't find her anywhere in the village, which was bad and good news. It was good news because she was not dead, and of course, it was bad news because she had probably been taken.

Lucy was also not believing that this had happened, but she still had hopes that her mother was alive, so she was holding on and didn't start despairing that her mother had disappeared.

'She is a strong girl.' If it were me, and my aunt had also been taken, I don't know what I would do, I am amazed by the strength of this girl.

"Listen, Lucy, I want you to stay inside and clean your house, okay? Can you do this?"

"I think so, but I want to be with you and other people."

"It's not a good idea for you to go outside, I'll be back in a moment, my aunt will be with me."

"Why isn't it a good idea?"

"Trust me, the scene outside is terrible, I don't want you to see this, I'm already finding it hard to stand looking at those people."

After thinking for a while, she replied: "Okay, I'll stay here and fix everything, I'll wait for you."

"I will be back in an instant, don't feel sad or alone, I promise I will help you bring your mom back, and even if your dad can't come back, he is in a better place now, you understand, right? " I stroked your head.

"Yes, thanks." She gave a forced smile and then hugged me again, of course, I couldn't deny a hug from her, so I hugged her again.

Stay as strong as you are, I'm sure you will have an incredible future.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 79), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

42