Chapter 70 – Escaping your responsibility?
1.2k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I left Lucy's house and went towards the same place where mine was, all the way I continued to watch all those people crying and dead, but I decided to ignore and move on.

When I arrived where my aunt was previously she was no longer there, but it didn't take long to find her, she was walking around the village and helping people when I say help, she was just supporting those people.

Even if she did something, people's lives couldn't go back, so that was the only thing she could do, support those people as much as possible as they go through this moment.

Some injured people were also around, but all of them with minor injuries that were only healed with magic, none of those who had suffered serious injuries were still alive, so she was helping only those with minor injuries.

I kept walking beside her all the time, watching her talk to people and also help them, in addition to guiding everyone to go to the main square of the village.

I don't know if I can call it a square, because it is a very small place, but it is the central location of the village, a place that was once very beautiful with some flowers and also a small lake very similar to a fountain.

But now the flowers were soiled with red and the water was also the color of blood, in addition to the bodies thrown there.

Many people who tried to escape were killed on all sides, so the people who fled to the center of the village were no exception, they too had been killed without mercy.

After a lot of walking around the village, and talking to the people who were still there, everyone was in the main square of the village, and of course, everyone was watching my aunt, waiting for her to say something.

People crying, people in their clothes soiled with the blood of their family members, they were all just waiting for her to say something, and I was also waiting for her to say something.

Nor does it change the fact that all those people were in the presence of the bodies of many people who were on the floor.

Even though I have helped a lot of people today, I don't know what to do from now on.

The only thing I managed to do was fight and kill those men, but other than that I can't help anyone, so I have to leave it to my aunt, she will decide what we are going to do.

Will we continue in this village even with so many people dying and so few people left? Or maybe we will move to another place? Just starting to think about it started to make me shiver.

It seems that everything will go wrong, I can't see a future in which things will work out, no matter how much I try to keep myself motivated to go after those men, it is still uncertain if I will be able to do anything.

So I am a person who needs support right now, and I hope that support is my aunt.

'If I'm with her, I'm sure I'll be able to do anything'

And it was during this thought of mine that my aunt began to give her first words to all those people who were in front of her.
######
After that my great aunt's speech began.

"As everyone can see, as they were cowardly attacked by a large number of humans, and many people died in that attack, but I have no reason to start from here, the bodies of the people on the ground already make it very clear what happened here."

"First, I would like to apologize to everyone, because I couldn't do much and I even needed the help of my little one here to be able to fight these men."

"Even though I am strong enough to stand against huge monsters and protect the village, I still haven't been able to deal with a large number of humans, so I ask everyone to forgive me for not being able to protect everyone."

My aunt seemed very frustrated with all of this, but I couldn't do anything, so I just continued to listen to everything just like everyone else who was there.

"I wish I could be in several places at the same time and be able to protect everyone, I was weak and even needed help in the final moments, I am a weaker person than I thought, and many people died for that reason, and yes, I'm blaming myself for this. "

Many people who heard that started to support my aunt, started to say that she was not to blame for anything, but she just ignored them all and continued with her speech.

"So from that moment on, I no longer want to be in charge of being the main person who protects the village or something, I just want to continue living my life, it happened right after my husband's death, so I am suffering a lot, but a lot. "

"Of course, I will not stop fighting, but I want to enjoy my life with my niece even more, even if I think that will not be possible, I still want to try this, do you understand?"

She was suffering a lot, and everyone could see it, so some people started to support her.

I think you have that right, you have protected us for a long time, we have no right to keep you here, especially after what just happened ~~

You are not to blame, don't worry ~~

I know how you feel ~~

Many people started to give their sincere opinions, and many of them were supporting my aunt, they understood how important my aunt was in this village, and how much she protected them all.

And even after what she was going through in her family, she still fought all those men and managed to contain the attack, so even though many people died, those who were still alive were very grateful.

They were not only thanking my aunt but also thanking me.

"I ask all of you to help me give a proper burial to all the people inside the village, and the human body just throws them and stack them up anywhere, I'll take care of that later."

"And after everything is calmer, I will decide what to do, and you will all be involved in it, okay?"

After my aunt's speech, she came to my side and hugged me, and I hugged her back.

"It was a good speech."

"It wasn't a good speech, I'm just running away from my main responsibility."

"Don't worry, you've protected them for a long time, they understand that."

"I hope so, but whether or not I will have to continue to protect them, I just won't be the only people to do that."

"What you mean?"

"I will not be in charge of their safety, everyone will fight on their own, that is what I mean."

"And can they do that?"

"I don't know, but I will make it happen, you can be sure of that."

"I understand."

She seemed very confident in what she was trying to do, I started to understand what she was trying to do, but I still think it will not work very well.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 80), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

42