Chapter 73 – Adoption.
1.1k 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, wake up." I felt someone shaking my body, not knowing what was happening, I partially opened my eyes and looked at the person next to me.

I could see Lucy sitting on the couch next to me while she bathed me and called my name, I didn't know what I was doing there until I started searching my mind and remembered what had happened.

I had just come to talk to her and found her sleeping, so I ended up sleeping with her because of tiredness, remembering I got up quickly with shame.

I was feeling ashamed to be sleeping next to her that way, I practically invalidated her house and lay in the same place as her and slept next to her, anyone would be ashamed if they did that.

'Damn, what am I going to tell her?' How to explain this situation? I don't know if she'll believe it.

But before I could say anything or start explaining myself, she started to say a few things, making me smile and also breathing relieved.

"I was even scared when I found you sleeping next to me when I woke up, but I soon understood what had happened here. You came to see me but ended up sleeping, right?"

"That's right, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, I'm glad you slept next to me, I woke up more willingly when I saw you next."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, I think it would be worse if I woke up here alone, so having you by my side was a relief and made me very happy."

I am not going to tell her that I would be by her side anyway and I ended up sleeping by accident, but I am very happy that she was not impotent to find me sleeping beside her that way.

Well, she slept next to me at my house before, I was just thinking too much, she wouldn't care about that.

"So, what did you come to talk about? Did you come to tell me that everything is ready out there?"

"Yes, but it's not just that. We have already buried everyone and the village is almost completely clean, except for the bodies of the humans that are lying in the forest, all the elves had a decent burial."

"I understand." Lucy smiled bitterly, and then continued, "But then, what is the other thing you need to tell me?" She went straight to the point, not even who wanted to know much about her father's funeral.

Maybe she just doesn't want to talk about it too much now, I will respect that and go straight to the subject of adoption.

"I talked to my aunt and asked her to live with us."

"Eh? What do you mean? But don't we already live together in the village?"

"That's not what I mean, it's that now that you're alone, and my aunt and I have also lost my uncle, I asked her to live with us as a family."

"But is that possible? We are not a real family." Lucy looked a little confused, maybe she doesn't understand the concept of adoption, so I started to explain it to her.

I started to explain how the adoption worked, that a person without parents would find another family to raise them, I don't know if there is anything like that in this world, but she seemed to have understood what I meant.

"So you want us to become a family, me and you and your aunt?"

"That's right, you are my only friend, and currently the only child in the village beside me, so I would like to stay by your side. Since I also promised to help you, it is good that you are always around."

She was still a little reluctant about it, but after thinking about it, I got an answer: "Okay, well, I guess I have nothing to lose, and I trust you and your aunt a lot."

It was a more mature response than I think, but it made me very happy to hear that.
"I'm actually much calmer now, I thought I would be alone." She said as she hugged me and started to shake a little bit, I think she was about to cry, maybe she remembered her family.

"I would never leave you alone, I promised I would help you and I would not leave your side." I hugged her even more tightly.

"Thank you thank you very much." She also squeezed me even more and started to cry.

I just managed to keep hugging her while watching her cry in front of me, I couldn't do anything, I decided to let her calm down on her own. What matters is that now she will be by my side and I will be able to support her.

We are still two children, but I'm sure she is very happy to have me by her side, and I am also very happy to have a new member in my family.

All of this was very sudden, but it is still a very happy moment for me.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 83), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

39