Chapter 76 – Smell of burning flesh.
942 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stayed inside and also kept Lucy here with me, I wouldn't let her leave the house, and she didn't even seem to want to do that, she would stay here even if I didn't stay with her, I don't think she wants to see what's going on outside right now.

Looking out the window of the house I could see the smoke in the sky, a big black smoke curtain was rising, besides the one full of unsearchable burn, it looked like a lot of meat was being roasted and was burning.

As soon as I made this analogy I realized what my aunt was doing, and I wonder if it was really a good idea, the fire could spread through the forest somehow, but she must have been careful, so it won't happen.

"Aren't you curious to know what's going on?" Lucy who was still sitting until now decided to start a conversation, but why talk about it right now?

"I already know what's going on."

"How? And what's going on?" She was a little surprised, but after showing that smokescreen, and that horrible smell, I thought of the most obvious thing possible, and is it a good idea to tell her?

"Well, you don't need to know how I did it, and it's also nice not to know what's going on out there." It can be too disturbing for her, even if she is not seeing it with her own eyes, perhaps she will be thinking about it.

"I understand." I thought she would insist or keep asking, but she just accepted it and was quiet again.

So I just sat there smelling that burning thing, managing to imagine the scene of those men's bodies burning, and it made me feel sick, they deserve it, but even so, it's a horrible scene to imagine.

Thankfully, this time I'm in here and away from it all.

"Lucy, do you want to eat something? My aunt will be here shortly, so I'll leave something ready." We had been here for a long time, and we haven't eaten since we woke up, so I decided to prepare something.

My aunt must also be hungry, so it would be good to leave something ready for when she comes back, it will make her happy in some way, or I hope so.

Although that smell wiped out my appetite, I don't even know if I'll be able to eat while I smell that disgusting smell of burning bodies, the smell got worse and worse.

"I do, but will you be able to prepare?" She seemed a little reluctant about it, or maybe she's just doing it to make me a little bit irritated since she said I can prepare some things beforehand.

"I already said that I can do this, come here and watch, and if I can't, you're here to help us, aren't you?" I don't know if I should trust her, but maybe she will help me with some things, not that her help will be needed.

"Sure." She smiled bitterly and walked to the kitchen with me, then I started looking for some things in the kitchen, something I could prepare, I had never touched the kitchen much, so I wasn't sure where things were.

I could only find the tea easily because it was on top of the cabinet, so I was able to find it without any problems.

I continued preparing for a while until I found a door in the closet that was very cold, so as soon as I opened it I was able to find some meat and also some shiny stones very similar to ice.

Maybe it is some kind of cooling that they use in this world, I never tried to know about it, it seems they are still very ignoring when it comes to the things that exist here.

But we already have meat here, and also many legumes and vegetables in the cupboards, I decided to prepare it was a vegetable soup with meat, since there was no rice, eating it would be good enough.

First I cut the meat into small pieces and put it to cook with a little water and also the seasoning, and while letting the meat cook I started cutting the vegetables.
Many things reminded me of things from my old world.

Potatoes, Broccolis, Carrots, peppers, Turnip, many things that reminded me of vegetables from my old world, so I chopped them into small pieces and left them apart because I would have to wait for the meat to cook a little longer.

It took a little longer than I thought, but as soon as the meat was soft and it looked appetizing, I added all the vegetables and also some water and seasoning to cook the vegetables together with the meat.

I had never prepared anything so simple before, and I don't know if I did it the right way, but Lucy never caught my eye, so I think it should be okay.

So after about 10 or 15 minutes, everything was cooked, and the smell was very good, even Lucy was surprised by the smell that the food was giving off, but my happiness was short-lived.

The smell of the food mixed with that smell of burning things, making me feel a little bad, my appetite was gone.

But Lucy was not bothered by this, so she filled her plate with food and started eating without caring about the smell of burning bodies, even though I was hungry I decided to wait until my aunt came home.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 86), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

35