Chapter 77 – A balanced group?
924 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's all taken care of now." My aunt had come home and was eating the soup I had prepared, but I still couldn't get anything to eat because of the smell, how do they do it?

"Aunt, I already know what they did, was it really doing things this way? The fire could have spread through the forest."

"It's okay, the bodies were in a hole, there was no risk of the fire spreading through the forest." My aunt said as she put a piece of meat in her mouth.

"I understand." But since it was all done, there was no reason to discuss it now, and Lucy is also here, I think it is better not to comment on it too much, my aunt may end up giving many details.

"But leaving that aside, since when do you know how to cook? I don't remember you cooking ever." She seemed very pleased with the soup and the meat I had made, and she was also quite surprised.

If I tell her I already knew how to cook without even studying and training, she won't believe it, so I have to come up with the best excuse that comes to mind, and of course, that excuse involved my uncle.

"My uncle taught me to cook a few times while you were gone, I think I trust my cooking." I'm sorry for using you to create this excuse, but it was necessary, I hope you won't be angry with me.

"He taught you very well." My aunt had a smile on her face, but she also looked very lonely, I think I shouldn't have commented on him here, better change the subject.

"But now that everything is settled, when are we going to move? We also need to talk to the other residents about that." I asked.

"I think that tomorrow I will meet again to make sure who will go with us, so this week we will still leave here, the faster, the better." My aunt finished eating and put the plate aside to continue the conversation.

"Are they going to accept that? Not all of them may want to be fighters or something, and we can't force them."

"Let's see what they think about it, but people who don't want to train with me can do other things, like taking care of the group's food, let's split up, it will be better this way."

"I see, you really want to create a group of survivors very similar to 'The walking dead' ... I think that's fine."

"The wal ... What?" My aunt seemed confused by that, but I also unintentionally missed something that doesn't exist here.

"It's nothing, it just meant that you want to set up a group where each person has their duties, and everyone acts to help the group, something like that."

"You spoke in a very adult way now, but I think that's it. But I think each one should act for themselves, but preferably to help the group."

"So it is better to talk to each one of them, to find out what they want to do, then divide them into groups, a group of fighters, another group that takes care of the cooking and so on."

"Yes, I want to do something like this, but I don't know how they will react."

"Don't worry, everyone will agree to this. Since everyone wants to survive, they have no choice but to walk in groups to try to survive."

"You're right."

After that our conversation ended with a frightening silence, and Lucy, who was listening to everything, said nothing, maybe she didn't even really understand my aunt's goal.
#######

"Thank you so much for all of you being here, I would like to talk about what we are going to do from now on, since last time I didn't explain much about it."

There she was again, in front of that group of people giving her speech, I could see the nervousness in her hand that was a little shaky, but she was controlling herself.

"First I wanted to start by saying that we are not going to stay here, we are going to travel somewhere else, I don't know exactly where, but we will find a good place. If we stay here, those men can come back, and this time we can be annihilated, do you understand?"

She was saying the obvious, so no one asked about it, and she was not against it either.

"Of course, we will all be together as usual, but before talking about my next goal, I wanted to know who in this group is willing to train and stay strong by my side? I know that some of you have never fought with a sword in your life, can be a little difficult for you, but not impossible. "

"And I also know that some of you fought and helped some people during the attack, I saw that. So I would like to know who will continue to fight, or start training to be able to protect themselves and also to protect the group."

"Speaking like this may seem like I won't be able to protect the group and I need your help, but it's not exactly that, I'm doing this to help you, I don't know if you understand that."

Everyone continued to listen carefully, but none of them said anything.

"So I would like to know who will continue to fight alongside me and train with me, and whoever doesn't want to do that, don't worry, you will still come with us, don't be afraid to refuse to do that."

Altogether there were 23 people there, the only people who had survived the attack, and 15 of them raised their arms, confirming that they would participate in the training and would also take care of the group's safety.

Among these people were men and women, and also some who were already carrying swords, that is, they had fought before.

"It is good to see that so many people are willing to participate in this." My aunt looked satisfied, but it wasn't finished yet.

"Now the people who are left, I would like to ask you to take care of the food and other basic things as well. I know you didn't raise your arms because you are not used to holding a sword, but I'm sure you were good at jobs household and also in preparing food. "

"We will prepare everything, and this week we will be leaving far from here, okay?"

Everyone who continued to listen to that lecture agreed with my aunt, and then the group started to get loose.

It was a good speech and they all accepted it easily, but they also have nothing to lose.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 87), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

38