Chapter 78 – Road.
941 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been two days since the attack happened, and during that time everyone packed their bags and also the things they were going to take, everyone was allowed to take only one bag with items, so as not to get too heavy.

We would only use a cart that would be pulled by horses to take the items, people who wanted to take more things would have to take them in their hands, but only a few people took the risk of doing so.

Most people didn't want to do this because they knew they would get more tired if they walked around with a bag full of things.

"So everything is ready already?" All the bags were already inside the cart, and my aunt was on top of the horse, she would be the person who would guide the horse, she could have left this job for someone else, but she would rather do it on her own.

"Yes, I think we can leave now, we have to take advantage of the fact that it is still early." We had just had breakfast, so it was very early, it was the perfect time to start our trip, as it will take a while to get dark.

But there was one more problem, everything around was a forest, there was no way for a carriage to pass through so many trees, there was no space.

"You, let's use that route." My aunt spoke to one of the men who was helping us to keep things.

"Are you talking about the road? We haven't used it in a while, it must already be full of vegetation." The man was a little uneasy, he didn't seem to be used to following orders, maybe he's not one of the guys who worked with my aunt.

"Yes, but don't worry about it, take swords or machetes and cut along the way, it will also serve as training. And call everyone, it's time to go." She had just entered her knightly way, she was very serious.

Following her order, the man started walking around the village and telling everyone that it was time to leave, many of these people were inside their old houses saying goodbye or something.

Within minutes everyone was already around the carriage, three men who had swords in their waists were riding horses, these men are the people who would serve as guards, and also warn if anything happened.

My aunt asked if I wanted to get on the horse to ride with her, but I preferred to stay on the ground with Lucy and the other residents, I can also help them if something happens.

"Guys, let's go now. Let's go down the road, but it will probably be full of vegetation or even new trees that have started to grow because it hasn't been used for a long time, so I would be grateful to anyone who could move on and cut all the vegetation with their swords. Don't worry, one of the guards will stay ahead with you. "

One of the men on the horse went to the front of the group and some people in the group holding swords followed him, just behind my aunt started to guide the horse, and then the whole group was already moving.

Most of them silent without saying anything, some looking sad, and others with no expression on their faces

'I hope things get better now.' I'm sure this will still be a long trip, but I hope things will get better as soon as we find a suitable place for us to live.
########
Haaa ~~

Haa ~~

We were in the middle of the road and I was in the front helping to cut the vegetation, after a while it had become too complicated to see and people were getting tired so I decided to help too.

Lucy also wanted to help in some way, but I asked her to stay by my aunt's horse and not get out of there, she listened to me without question, she was quiet.

But I have to agree with the people who were complaining, it's a very difficult job, my arms were already getting tired and I haven't been doing this for a long time, I never thought I would get tired that way.

'How long has this road been unused?' The amount of vegetation was great, in some places the grass was already reaching the horses' feet, in addition to the small trees along the way.

The road was very narrow and the cart used almost all of it to pass, so people stayed behind the cart or even beside it, but I'm sure they were suffering less than the people in front.

In addition to cutting all the vegetation, we had to clean it up and remove the grass from the front so that it wouldn't tangle on the wheels of the cart, so the work was more tiring than I thought.

But just by doing this we had been walking for quite a while, it was certainly past lunchtime and I could hear some bellies snoring around me, but we were surrounded by grass and forest, stopping to eat here was practically impossible.

'Okay, I'm going to get some rest.' I left other people on the job and went out to get some rest, and I also had to talk about something with my aunt.

"Aunt, can I talk to you for a moment?" She was very focused as she guided the horse.

"Hmm? Say."

"What are we going to do about Esmeldy? Isn't she in the forest yet?"

"Don't worry about her, she'll show up wherever we are, okay?" My aunt didn't seem concerned.

Will it show up wherever we are? This is somehow scary.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 88), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

30