Chapter 79 – Eating in the middle of nowhere.
862 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few hours of walking down that road full of vegetation, we received a stop order from my aunt, she said that everything was fine for today and that we should stop to rest.

No one had eaten yet, so everyone was hungry, including me.

When we stopped, I looked around and realized that we were in the middle of nowhere, everywhere I looked I could only see trees and that dark forest, it was looking like a monster would come out at any moment.

The only place I could see was the sky, the number of stars that existed in the sky of this world at night left me in awe even today, it was very beautiful.

Everyone who was working before the stop order threw himself on the floor and lay down, they were all very tired, much more than I was, since I was taking a break to rest, and they didn't do that.

"Aunt, what are we going to do now? Just rest?"

"Yes, let's rest and let other people prepare the food." After saying this she got off her horse and then started to give orders to some women and men who were there, in fact, she was working with them.

I let her work and also sat there on the floor, next to Lucy.

We didn't talk much all the way, so I wanted to take this opportunity to talk to her a little. I don't have contact with many people who are here, only with her, so she is the only person I can talk to distract myself.

"How are you enjoying the trip so far?" I asked and got closer to her.

"Nothing much, I'm just getting really tired." She smiled at me looking a little uncomfortable. Lucy hadn't worked or helped along the way, so maybe she thinks it's frustrating that she's tired even though she hasn't done anything.

I will not judge her, she is just a child who has had no training, walking for so long and in such a bad terrain would certainly tire her, it is understandable that this happens.

"I also got tired, even though I'm resting I'm still very tired, haha." I took a deep breath and also started to laugh, can I make her feel better this way?

Look at her face and she was smiling, it seems that it worked, but it is better not to let our conversation get lost: "Are you hungry? I'm starving, I hope the food will be ready soon."

I was still a little embarrassed to talk to her, but I was working on it, I need to stop braking and talk more naturally to Lucy, because she may start to be uncomfortable.

"Yes, I'm very hungry, do they need my help? I can do this." Lucy looked motivated.

"I don't think you need to, there are already a lot of people." I replied and soon after I realized by her look that she was frustrated, then I decided to say something: "Listen, you don't have to help, you can just continue the trip with me, you can rest assured that nobody will be irritated if you don't help."

'Was that too rude?' I looked at her expecting some reaction.

"I understand, is that sometimes I feel bad for not helping anyone and just getting help, I wanted to give back." She is so cute, I feel like squeezing her right now.

"Don't worry, no one will charge you, you can continue the journey in peace." I hugged her as tightly as I could, I couldn't help myself.

After I stopped hugging her, she seemed a lot calmer, and said she was going to start not caring about it, I hope so, she really doesn't need to work here, and I don't think anyone in the group is caring about it.
########
Some time had passed, and the smell of food was everywhere, so many people had come on guard in case any monsters appeared, it seems that the smell of food can attract some unwanted monsters.

But I didn't care much about it, I was so hungry that I wanted to eat as fast as possible, but when I approached to try to get some food for myself, my aunt stopped me and told me to let the people who worked the most feed first.

So I had to wait for a while until everyone had helped themselves, luckily I had enough food, so I wouldn't be without.

They made some big pots full of food, they had been brought inside the cart, but I hadn’t even noticed their existence since they were under suitcases.

'I wanted to know how they are going to clean these pots after that.'

"You can help yourself now." I was distracted but I was awakened by my aunt's voice, so I went to Lucy and called her to arrange our food together, it would be good not to leave her behind, she may have some difficulties later.

We arranged food in a bowl that looked like it was made of clay, but it was quite large, so we had a lot of food, after filling the bowl, we went to sit by the fire.

Finally, I will be able to eat, I think I have never been without food for so long since I came to live with my aunt.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 89), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

30