Chapter 94 – That surprised me.
633 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mother remained there looking at the landscape while waiting for me to say something, I was still worried about involving her in this, but I decided to say: "I'm looking for a magic that can track someone"

Upon hearing my words, my mother closed her eyes and was thoughtful for a moment: "Sorry, I don't know anything like that." She said with conviction, she didn't seem to be lying, but I still begged her to tell me something if she knew.

But nothing was said by her.

She didn't even seem to know the magic that would track someone through a belonging, this is really frustrating, I involved her for no reason. Well, I at least made a try, didn't I?

"Wait, there is no magic that can track a person, but why not try a magical beast?"

"A magical beast, but aren't they all hostile? And what would they help you with?" I was not understanding the tip my mother had given, but then she started to explain to me what she was trying to say.

Some magical beasts have a very good nose, or can even track the magical power of a specific person, and if you are some kind of familiar, or a monster trained since birth, they would not be hostile.

Seeing her talk like that, a police dog specialized in sniffing things came to my head, I think that's exactly what it is.

"But I've never seen a monster like this around here, it won't be easy to get a monster like that, will it?"

"True, the forest has been standing still for a long time since no monsters have appeared here, it is as if they all had run away somewhere, right?" She seemed a little worried about that.

"Yes, I went to the forest yesterday and I didn't end up meeting any monsters either, it's really strange. The only things I found were ordinary animals."

"I see, maybe it's their job? ... No, I don't think so." I couldn't help but be interested in my mother's words: "Wait, their work? Do you know the people who were in that forest?" I asked desperately as I crouched in front of my mom's chair.

She started to think a little, but she was also surprised and frightened by my sudden change of behavior.

"Wait, what people are you talking about?" My mother was not looking into my eyes, and she did not seem to be feeling well either, I could see her skin becoming paler and paler, making me get up and approach with concern.

"Are you okay? I'm going to take you inside, okay? I'm sorry if I asked you something you don't want to talk about." Even realizing that she knew something about it, it made no sense to pressure her.

"Don't worry about me, I want to stay here for a while ... But then, what did you really find in the forest?" Even though she didn't look well, she seemed to want to know about it.

"Do you really want to know? It doesn't feel right to say that to you in that state."

"Okay, I don't care."

"Right."
From then on, I started to tell everything I had seen in the forest, and with every absurd thing I said I had seen, the more she clenched her teeth and clasped her hand, her arm was shaking so hard that she was putting it on.

Seeing this, I was sure she knew those people were there and was not feeling well about hearing what had happened to them.

"Why did he do that? He said he was going to stop ..." Her voice was low, but I could clearly see that she sure was angry, or was she sad? I certainly had the two feelings mixed here.

"It?" I decided to ask who "He" was, maybe he is the person who made that place that way.

"It's nothing, let's go inside, okay?" My mom was trying to calm down, but I could see in her eyes how sad she was, so I decided to take her inside: "And also don't forget to try what I held, I'm rooting for you."

"Okay, I still don't know how I'm going to get such a monster, but I will definitely try."

"Go to the library, you'll find something to help you."

"Good idea." I smiled at her and then took her to her room, we passed again many of the maids who greeted us, and after leaving her lying on her bed to rest, I went straight to the mansion's library.

The library was on the west side of my mom's room, so I had to walk down long corridors that looked like mazes to get there. I entered the room and everything was partially dark, lit only by chandeliers and chandeliers.

I don't know if it's a good idea to use candle lighting in a library full of books and wooden shelves.

I entered the room and started walking through the maze of bookshelves full of books, I could see books about monsters, about the world and some tales that even looked like "Light Novels". It was an interesting place, but I came here a few times.

Even to learn how to use magic, I was taught by my mother since I was little, I didn't have to study in books, but that doesn't mean I haven't read some of them either.

"Okay, where can I find a book about it?" I had already looked at the books about monsters, but they only contained names of monsters, their characteristics, and the place where it was located, it could be good books for adventurers, but not for me.

'I think I can find it in the spell books section, there is probably a book that involves involvement there.' I put the book I was reading back on the shelf and turned around

"Can I help you, miss?"

"Hiii .."

As soon as I turned around, I found a tall guy wearing a black cloak partially covering her face, seeing him in front of me like that almost made me vomit my own heart with the fright I got.

Shit, he should be more careful.

'And also ... This guy is a wizard who works here, isn't he? "Oelf had told me not to get involved with these guys, I think it's better to follow his advice.

 

********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 104), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

21