Chapter 110 – Do I really need to speak?
379 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we got home, Lucy was waiting for us in the main room of the house, she seemed a little uneasy and worried about what was going on. She took a little courage and decided to say something.

 

"So, what's going to happen to you now? They ... They think it's your fault." She looked sad about it, but at the same time, I could tell that she was also wondering if that was true.

 

By the way, she acted and looked at me, I could tell that she was more disappointed than worried about me. Seeing Lucy looking at me like that is certainly painful, but there is nothing I can do now.

 

"Nothing will happen, because it's not her fault, okay?" My aunt replied in my place, she looked annoyed.

 

My aunt was certainly not doubting me, she knew the truth, nothing was my fault.

 

"And how can you be so sure, that human girl, isn't she a stranger?"

 

"To be honest, I didn't think she was weird. I think she's more naive than weird."

 

"What if this is just acting? She may well be up to something."

 

"It won't happen, don't worry." I tried to calm Lucy down, but she didn't seem to want to believe it.

 

"She may also be deceiving you, don't you realize that she has something wrong? Open your eyes. Or did that not happen the last time?"

 

"Is it last time? Are you implying that that attack was my fault too?" I looked at Lucy confused, but I wasn't angry with her, I wouldn't blame her if she thought that of me. Michelle shows up here and I know she is very suspicious.

 

"No, I'm not saying it's her fault. On the contrary, that girl may have used you to find the village or approach it, don't you think?" Lucy seemed committed to making me change my mind, but it wasn't going to happen.

 

I know Michelle well enough to know that she wouldn’t kill a person, let alone engage in a massacre, that’s impossible.

 

"Believe me, that girl has no courage to kill anyone, nothing that happened was her fault, she didn't even know what had happened."

 

"And how can you say this is true? How do you know she didn't know about the attack? It doesn't make sense at all."

 

"Well, that's true. But I already said that I know her well enough to trust her, don't worry, that girl won't do anything to hurt us."

 

"Shit, how much do you know her? You've only seen her in the forest a few times, that's not enough for you to blindly trust a human, don't you see that?"

 

"You're right ... But." I've known her for years, but I can't say that. Damn, what to do in this situation? I can't think of anything to make Lucy calm down, everything she's talking about makes sense from her perspective.

 

From her perspective I have only known Michelle for some time and talked to her a few times, it is not enough to create mutual trust as we have shown.

 

"Haa ... '" Lucy took a deep breath and continued, "You may be being deceived by her, and if so, you know what will happen next, don't you? Everyone out there is already scared of what can happen."

 

"I know that, but nothing is going to happen ..."

 

"Okay, even if you have confidence that nothing will happen, nobody out there has confidence in it, everyone is scared and nobody is going to believe in an elf who became friends with a human, do you understand that?"

"Of course yes."

 

"So as much as you deny that that girl is going to do anything, no one will believe you." Lucy was looking at me with tears in her eyes, she seemed to be sad about this conversation.

 

"And you don't trust me either, do you?" I smiled at Lucy.

 

"That.."

 

"But it doesn't matter, I won't be sad if you don't trust me or something, because I know I'm right anyway, right?"

 

Lucy kept looking at me and said nothing, she seemed to have given up on continuing this conversation. With her hand, she wiped away the tears that were in her eyes and then went to the bedroom.

 

"What a moving conversation you had here, but isn't it time to start talking?" Suddenly all the hairs on my body stood on end, I could feel a look on me that I had felt before.

 

My aunt was pissed.

 

"Hmm, talk about what?"

 

"Tell me the whole truth, and who is that girl? Or do you think I would believe a story like that? That you guys met in the forest."

 

"But this is what happened .."

 

"Don't make me repeat it, tell me everything. You already got me in a lot of trouble because of that, so you better talk."

 

"But..."

 

"Speak at once, even if Lucy hears it won't be a problem, everything you say won't come out of this house."

 

I kept looking at my aunt for a little while longer, she was looking at me expecting me to start telling her about everything. But even under her threat, I wasn't in the mood to talk about it.

 

Won't she start to hate me if she knows I'm a reincarnated person? Maybe she thinks I stole her niece's body or something. I am afraid to speak.

 

Please don't hate me.

 

********

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 120), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

I'll try to post daily chapters

14