Chapter 115 – I can’t take it anymore.
624 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some time has passed since my aunt discovered my real identity. Both she and Lucy were treating me the same as if nothing was wrong.

It was like I never said that to them.

It sure made me happy, seeing that they don't care that I'm not Yuukina. Or am I actually Yuukina? Well, I'm using her body right now so technically...yes.

But unlike me who wasn't having problems, my aunt was full of problems.

After Michelle left, she had to explain everything to the villagers, and also try to make them understand that nothing bad was going to happen. But of course, most of them didn't believe that.

They continued to doubt that they were safe because a human had found their village, and they also continued to say that this was all my fault. Even though I knew I wasn't involved in it, I still felt bad.

This time it wasn't children treating me badly, it was adults.

Even the people who used to be in my hunting group and got along well with me were now ignoring me and looking at me with contempt.

And because of that, I decided to walk away and ask my aunt to take me out of that group.

It was being complicated for me and my aunt.

I was being looked at with contempt and hatred, and my aunt was being pressured to send me away from this place or to give the boss job to someone else.

Other more extreme people even asked us to move the village again.

My aunt was unwilling to send me away. She argued with countless people who suggested something like this, even though it costs a part of her reputation among the elves.

And about moving to the village...That was out of the question at the moment.

We found a good place and our houses were almost complete, it was impossible to do that.

So the only thing my aunt could do was continue as the boss and kept trying to change the opinion of the villagers.

"Are they still thinking the same way?" I asked my aunt as soon as she got home. I was at home together with Lucy, this was what I did most since all that happened.

"It's been days and they keep saying the same thing, it's been tiring."

"Are they saying the same thing as before?"

"Yes, wanting me to send you away, they never tire of tormenting me with it." She looked tired. My aunt sat down in one of the chairs we had placed inside the house and sighed.

“Wouldn't it be better if I got out of here for a while? I can stay somewhere close.”

"Of course not, are you crazy?"

"I can stay close."

"If you go I want to go with you." Lucy didn't even wait for our conversation to end and interfered.

"Don't worry, she's not going anywhere, okay?" My aunt smiled at Lucy and continued, "I don't think it's a good idea for you to go out now, it might be a little dangerous and I wouldn't feel good with you away from here."

"As I said, I can live close by."

“Don't you understand what I mean? I want you in a place where I can keep an eye on you all the time. I'm honestly a little worried that those guys will try to do something.”

"You mean the residents?"

"Yes, they didn't say anything, but I can feel that they would do something if I left you alone. I prefer you to stay by my side."

"Urgh, this really worries me. What if they decide to break into our house or something?"

"I don't think they would do that, as there are people in the village who support us. But I'm sure if I send you away, they'll go after you."

"Then that's it..."

"Then I prefer you to stay here. I think they will start to accept it, even if it takes a while."

"The important thing is how long this will take."

"I can't tell you either, but I'll try to make it as brief as possible."

"Right." I was really feeling bad for her so I couldn't hold back my sigh of dismay.

“Don't be like that, nothing was your fault. These guys who are idiots.” My aunt smiled and put her hand on my head trying to cheer me up, so I smiled at her again.

"I know it wasn't my fault, but I can't help but feel bad."

"Of course I do, but it's better not to blame yourself so much or be worried about me."

"All right."

"Now I need to go, I need to go hunting some food with your old group."

"Um, are you hunting with them now?"

“Well, they were the only people who agreed to go hunting with me. And that girl named Loriel seems really worried about you, why don't you try talking to her?”

“Loriel? Are you saying the girl that is very good using a bow?”

"Yep."

"I'll see if I can talk to her later. The other people in the group don't seem to take me very well."

"Well, I can't do anything about it yet, but I'll try to talk to them."

"Thanks."

After our conversation was over, my aunt went outside and left me inside with Lucy. I had to convince Lucy that I wouldn't leave the village.

‘How long will this last? I can't stand being at home all day anymore.'

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 125), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

12