Chapter 116 – I’m starting to think he’s not a good guy.
1.2k 7 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few days since I got home.

 

The atmosphere was calm and I wasn't asked what I did in the forest by anyone, and that really made me happy. The only person who kept pissing me off was Louise, she continued to visit my room every day to find out about what happened.

 

Even though I threatened her with death she continued to come here, isn't she afraid to die? While I wouldn't kill her for something like that, my dad wouldn't accept it.

 

"Urushi, want to take a walk?"

 

Woof~~

 

"Alright, let's go." I got up from bed and left the room with Urushi. Over time the maids began to get used to seeing the dire wolf walking around the mansion, so none of them continued to be afraid of Urushi.

 

The only one who was afraid was still Louise, I think that threat really scared her.

 

“Are you leaving again? Allow me to accompany you.” As soon as I arrived at the mansion's front door, I was greeted by Oelf and his companions.

 

"No need, I won't walk very far." I wanted to go to the village again, but it won't be that simple now. I'm practically being chased everywhere so I don't go far from the mansion.

 

"I so wanted to see her again." I put a hand to my lips and started to remember that kiss.

 

"But I still insist on accompanying her." Oelf partially bent her body.

 

"What's it? Is my dad pressuring you to do this?”

 

"None of that, I'm just worried about you." By his smile, I could tell he was nervous and I could also tell he was lying.

 

"Okay, but make sure you don't take these guys with you." I looked at the two men behind him.

 

Just looking at the men was enough to make them back away.

 

"All right. You stay here.” Oelf looked nervous but continued to smile as he gave the order to the men. After leaving them behind, we walked towards the forest.

 

After some time we had walked far enough away from the mansion, so noticing that Oelf was restless, I decided to start a conversation. I would also take advantage of this situation to know a little more about what was going on.

 

As I hadn't seen any strange movements from my dad, and Louise was getting less and less invasive, I was pretty sure she had something wrong.

 

They still haven't found out where I was or what I was doing, and knowing their personality, they can't leave me alone without discovering the truth.

 

"Tell me, Oelf..."

 

"What do you want to know?"

 

“Could you stop calling me ma'am? I know you're doing this because I'm an employee, but I don't feel comfortable"

 

"All right. But what do you want to know?”

 

"You spend a good part of your day with my dad or in front of his office, don't you?" Whenever I saw him, he was there, so he must be the closest person to my dad after Louise.

 

"That's right." He continued walking beside me in a relaxed way.

 

"And since you're there all the time, I'm sure you heard a lot of things, didn't you?" I looked at him, making him realize my intent.

 

“Sorry, ma'am. But I can't talk to you about it.”

 

"But you don't even know what I was going to ask."

 

"I'm sure you'd ask what your dad is planning since he hasn't done anything to you yet, has he?"

 

"So he's planning something, interesting."

 

"What? I never said that, I'm just guessing what you're thinking."

 

"I see, hehe." I looked at him and smiled, he actually looked nervous and a little sad that he let this slip. But even though I didn't hear it coming from him, I was already sure my dad was planning something.

 

I continued walking with him through the forest and I kept pressuring him about it, as time went on he became more and more restless, and after a few minutes, he seemed to have decided to talk to me about it.

 

"Okay, what do you want to know?"

 

"Okay, first I want to know if my dad and Louise talked about me, and what they said."

 

"Right.." Oelf began to tell him everything he had heard.

 

Apparently, they only talked about my way of acting, and also about my threat to Louise. But my dad didn't seem to mind the threat very much, which made Louise a little irritated.

 

Another thing that was often talked about was where I would be, as my father hadn't accepted the version of the story that I was just playing around with.

 

"Of course, he's not dumb like Louise and would believe that."

 

But even thinking about several things, they couldn't think of a possibility. So because of that, they decided to drop the subject for a bit and my dad forbade Louise to keep pushing me about it.

 

"And after that Louise stopped coming to my room every day."

 

"That's right."

 

“After that, you didn't hear anything else about it? Aren't they investigating the forest or something?" It would be bad if they did, maybe they'll make it to the village, and if that happens, surely the blame will fall on me.

 

But it would be my fault, wouldn't it?

 

"I was taken off guard in your father's office yesterday, so if they discussed anything else I don't know."

 

“Wait, where you pulled out of there? Did my dad say why?”

 

"Not exactly, he just told me to watch the door for a while."

 

"So it's like this..."

 

"What? Don't tell me that..."

 

“Of course he's doing this so you don't overhear his arguments. He knows you are very close to me.”

 

"That can't be it, you're thinking too much."

 

"You're really dumb, it's kind of obvious what's going on, he's definitely planning something, I knew he wouldn't let it go."

 

"There you go again... Don't even think about running away."

 

"Don't worry, it won't be necessary." I'm really starting to think my dad isn't the nice person I thought he was. Maybe Yuukina and her aunt were right?

 

I don't exactly know what his purpose is in investigating this.

 

I don't know if he just wants to find out what I did to punish me, or if he's really worried about me, or if there's some dark motive behind it.

 

"But I want to believe in the second option."

 

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 126), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

14