A better life?
6.1k 4 144
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The farther I walked away, the more evident my mother's look of despair became, but beyond despair, I also saw a glimmer of hope, a look of a person who had just fulfilled what he had promised.

I was still in my aunt's lap, she seemed to have an unflinching look, but she pressed me tightly against her body, having to hide her feelings.

She seemed to be an honorable person who would not cry over it. She tried not to cry, but the farther she went, the more apparent her expression of sadness and despair was evident from leaving her sister behind.

"Sorry, sister, I'm sorry." She was still leading the horse, but many tears began to come out of her eyes, were tears of sadness to see her sister being caught, or did she have tears of happiness that she had at least taken me from that place?

"I'll take care of you like you're my daughter. I won't let the life my dear sister put in the world suffer more than that." She brought me close and kissed my forehead, and she was crying so much that her tears fell on my face too.

I couldn't do anything to comfort her or help her right now since I didn't believe what I saw either. I just saw my mother being beaten, and the reason for that was me. She was beaten precisely for getting me out of there.

'I'll take her from there, even if it costs my life.'

I'll be back and take her from this place, it may take years, but I will save her and bring her to live with me. I don't know where we're going, but I hope it's a better place than this.

'It's not hard to have a better place than this.' Just a place where children are not tortured would be better, a place where I can live with my race in peace, not a place where I see my race rotting.

I hope I get to a place like this, a place that can give me wish to continue living and a place where I can prepare to pick up my mother, that is one of my goals.

##### // #####

After a long time just in my aunt's arms as she guided the horse through the middle of the road, she turned into the middle of the forest and started riding in the middle of the forest, at that moment I thought she was crazy, but she wasn't.

I had never seen a person ride a horse so well before. She was so skilled that my fear instantly vanished as she began to horse through the trees.

"We're almost there." She said that and then started to accelerate the horse further, she must have been riding a horse for a long time to be able to do something like this, she is fantastic.

After running a long time through the trees while some leaves fell on us, we finally came to a different place. It was a beautiful place, a place I could only see in a fantasy world.

There were huge buildings and houses made entirely of stones, yes, they were carved inside rocks, I don't know how it was made, but it was amazing, I had never seen any of it in my old life, the most I saw were some stone statues.

'What a magnificent sight.' I couldn't express myself in words, so I could only tell in my mind how beautiful this place was.

There were also a lot of people here, and also some kids running between the houses and in this place that looked like a town square, a central place of the "city".

"So, you have arrived." A very handsome man appeared next to the horse, of course, he was also an elf just like my mother and this woman who is my aunt, was explained why he is so handsome since elves are considered the most beautiful race in most stories.

"Yes, I managed to bring her." My aunt picked me up and then handed her into the man's arms.

"She looks a lot like her mother." He said as he smiled at me.

After the man picked me up, my aunt got off her horse and then tied him to one of the trees that circled this place. I could see that all the kids in this place were elves, so it's probably a place to hide from hunters, so all the elves are hiding in this place?

I didn't even have to hear the story to figure it out, and it's very obvious what was going on here.

"Let's go inside." My aunt took me in her arms and then walked into one of the stone houses with the man.

Inside the house was like a typical house, it was made of stone, but all the furniture was made of wood and were very beautiful, had a huge quality, may even have a better quality than the things of my old world.

My aunt placed me lying on a tiny bed, and it seems that this bed had been made exclusively for me, and was also very soft.

"I'll bring you something to eat, and I see that you need it." My aunt left me lying in bed and then went out to prepare something for me, this time she had a sincere smile on her face, and she wasn't hiding her feelings.

144