Chapter 50: 6 Tailed Prey
1.3k 11 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...I am Byleth Evernight, the 71st daughter of the Demon King. I must thank you for allowing me to be with Cecilia again, but you probably have no idea what I am talking about...”

Byleth’s bewitching beauty had taken my breath away from the moment I first met her. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started living with a flirtatious demon, but Byleth always respected my boundaries. Of course, that didn’t stop her from teasing me.

“...Alas, you are a tailless beast now. There is no point in knocking you up while you are a beast.”

“Why are you acting like I would sleep with you?”

“Oh, are you saying you can resist my advances?”

Old conversations appeared in my mind like they were yesterday. The warmth from those moments were a large part of the motivation that kept me going, no matter how bad things got.

“I would have liked to see your attempt at flirting.”

“Attempt!?”

“Compared to me, your flirting could only be called an attempt.”

Byleth’s teasing smile filled my body with a comfortable heat. Her flirting always left me embarrassed, but it also made me happy. Leah’s advances had left a pit of dread in my stomach, but Byleth’s advances always made my heart race.

“...Charmed?”

That day we went on a date together, I was truly charmed by her. It was so unexpected that a bewitching beauty like Byleth could be so cute when paired with Cecilia. I never imagined that she might want to hold my hand. She liked to act as an experienced hand, but the truth was that she was an innocent maiden.

I opened my eyes to the dark, dirt room I had fashioned myself in the dungeon. Bitter disappointment welled up within my heart. I still hadn’t made my way back yet.

“...Detailed Status.”

 

Name: Fang

Gender: Female

Race: 6 Tailed Fox Beastman

Class: Adept

Level: 1/20

Personal Skills (3/5): [Ash Demon Princess], [Fox Fire II], [Naked]

Racial Skills: [Instinct III], [Agility II], [Strength I]

Class Skills: [Adept], [Growth II]

 

Memories of the brutal fight that marked the end of my life as a 5 Tailed Fox Beastman rushed to the front of my mind. I raised my left hand up into the air and sighed in relief. I was whole again.

My relief was short-lived. In video game terms, a Tyrant Bear was nothing more than an elite mob. Meanwhile, the territory lords were minibosses and the Six-tailed Red Fox was the boss of this dungeon.

Going from a five to six tails netted me a new racial skill, but it wouldn’t be enough. I had no chance of beating the Six-tailed Red Fox if I nearly lost to a Tyrant Bear.

I shook my head. I needed to stay positive. There was still a chance that the exit to the dungeon wasn’t located in the Six-tailed Red Fox’s territory.

I rose to my feet. As had become my custom during these reincarnations, I examined myself.

“I bet Cecilia would be happy to see me now.”

My chest had become large enough to be an annoyance whenever I fought. She wouldn’t be able to call my chest poor anymore, not when I was now bigger than her. The changes that started from my first reincarnation continued to grow more pronounced.

I had lived with a large chest as Ash, but that was the extent of her curves. Ash always had a cute appearance, even when she evolved from a Hornless Demon to a Demon Princess.

My current appearance was womanly in all the right places. My chest wasn’t as big, but the rest of my body more than compensated for it. I always felt stunned whenever I looked at my appearance. Just how had I gone from the ordinary looking Fang to this?

I shelved my questions for now. My appearance was irrelevant until I got out of the dungeon. I walked over to my stored poisonous fruits and smoked meat.

My problems quickly fell away as I set about reacquiring the [Ki III] skill. Alas, that reprieve was far too short. I was stronger now that I had a sixth tail, but it wasn’t enough. Even though I had six tails just like my hated enemy, the level gap between us was too great.

It was growing harder and harder to stay positive. If my easy power ups via reincarnation ended at six tails, then it was likely I would remain trapped in this dungeon. Just thinking about the possibility terrified me.

Would I spend the rest of my life surviving in this little territory I carved out for myself or would I bet everything on the near impossible chance of escape? Or... would I give into the circumstances and ascend, spending the rest of my life as a 6 Tailed Fox girl?

I didn’t want to find out. For now, I gathered my strength and prepared to go to the next reincarnation as quickly as possible.

65