Epilogue 5
1.9k 32 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week had passed since I confronted Cecilia’s father. An invitation arrived from Elizabeth just as I was crossing off the last item on my list of things to do when I got out of the dungeon.

For the powerful families and rulers of the Upper Realm, it was easy to travel to and from the lower worlds. Elizabeth’s letter was an invitation for me to join her, Leah, and the rest of the Hero party in returning to my homeworld.

After talking about it with Cecilia, Byleth, and Diona, the Beast Princess, I accepted. It was now the morning of my departure.

A fragrant, heavenly scent wrapped my body. Warm sunlight spilled on my cheeks and a soft, gentle warmth hugged me. I didn’t want to wake from this peaceful dream.

It was like the world wouldn’t allow my small wish. The sun shone bright rays of light down on my closed eyes, the birds sang of the new day, and excited voices spoken in hushed conversations all threatened to end my dream.

I nestled myself deeper into the soft bed that could easily be mistaken as a cloud. I shifted on my side to avoid the stubborn sun and drew closer to the source of the heavenly scent. I tightened my hug on the gentle warmth by my side. I refused to let go of the tiny happiness I could hold.

The soft, silky fur of the cat got in the way. Diona, in her [Beastification] form, meowed in protest at being squeezed between Cecilia and I. With great reluctance, I opened my eyes. Violet eyes peered back at me. My own appearance was reflected in the depths of those eyes.

“Good morning, Cecilia.”

“Good morning…”

Cecilia uncharacteristically hesitated. I smiled at her.

“Asta. You can call me Asta Ashford.”

Cecilia smiled back at me and suddenly, it was like the world was filled with light.

“Good morning, Asta.”

My name on her lips was the second sweetest sounding thing in the world. Byleth stirred from the other side of Cecilia. Tufts of curly golden hair peeked out in all directions as she lifted her head and glanced at me.

“Tsk. You didn’t become a Demon.”

I didn’t want to let that comment go. I brushed a strand of icy blue hair out of my eyes and clambered over Cecilia to Byleth.

“Just because I am not a Demon doesn’t mean that we can’t have fun.”

“What are you saying? Cecilia and Diona are watching!”

Indeed, a cat as well as an Archangel were watching us with great interest. Even so, I didn’t care.

“There is nothing wrong with deepening our friendship to the point where no one, not even your father, can get between us.”

Byleth turned bright red as I lifted her chin with my hand. Her defenses were especially weak in front of Cecilia. Her body overheated and she rapidly hit her limit. Byleth closed her bewitching red eyes, surrendering herself to my whims. Her blush disappeared the moment she did.

Her eyes shot open in disbelief. What she just experienced was something that the two of us were unfortunately familiar with.

“Why do you have the [Chastity] skill!?”

I laughed helplessly. It was like the universe was out to get me. First, I grew up with the stupid Legendary Hero who stole all the girls. When I finally got away from Leah’s influence and found two girls that I liked, I gained the [Chastity] skill.

This must be my punishment from robbing Cecilia’s [Chastity], even if it was only a kiss. I might not be able to do much, but I wasn’t about to let a stupid skill get in the way of expressing my love. I rotated my [Ki] throughout my body to suppress my new, unwanted virtue and gave Byleth a quick peck on the lips.

Eventually, the three of us plus Diona in her cat form left the bed. I returned to my room and set about a long overdue greeting. Mana swirled at my finger tips and with a bright flash of light, a familiar, slimy sensation sat on my hands.

“Long time no see, Lime!”

My contracted slime didn’t respond, but I wasn’t expecting Lime to. One by one, I used [Summoning Magic] to resummon each of my contracted monsters and greet them. Berry was unfortunately too big, so he had to stay in my [Shadow Refuge] skill.

I also had Cheddar, Olive, and the rest of my pack pop out of my shadow so that I could fluff them enough times to make up for my missing tails. Once I was done greeting everyone, I hopped in the shower and took a nice, long shower.

[Fox Fire] dried my body in an instant, allowing me to check out my appearance in the body length mirror of the bathhouse. The person in the mirror was rather familiar to me. If I had to sum it up, the person in the mirror was Asta Ashford.

Of course, there were some differences. Asta had Ash’s short, ice blue hair and Fang’s sharp, golden eyes. Other than that, however, the person in the mirror was 100% Asta Ashford. It was the Asta Ashford that was turned into a girl by a potion.

My face was a more feminine, cuter version of the face I grew up with. I honestly liked it a lot. If I had a cute sister growing up, perhaps that sister’s face would have looked something like mine.

My current appearance was visible proof that I had stopped running away. I no longer needed to hide behind a different name or as a different race. I was Asta Ashford and I was proud of it. I threw on a white summer dress and had breakfast with everyone.

Time flew by while I was having fun and before I knew it, it was time for me to head out. My senses had weakened greatly now that I was no longer a Beastman and only level 1. For some reason, I couldn’t find any of the other girls to say goodbye to. I shook my head helplessly and made my way to the entrance of Cecilia’s mansion.

The setting sun dyed the sky in a palette of reds and oranges. The sight of Elizabeth McDouglas’ butler waiting for me had knots forming in my stomach.

Would my parents be able to recognize me? Would they still accept me as their child? I desperately wished I hadn’t left my stomach medicine at home.

“Lady Asta, My Lady requests your presence.”

“R-Right…”

It was like I had gone back in time to the start where my journey began. The only difference was that I was now called Lady Asta rather than Sir Asta.

“Hold up. Asta Ashford, did you really think I would let you escape?”

Diona suddenly appeared by my side and hugged my arm. Her actions may seem affectionate to an outsider observer, but her dead eyes told the truth. I looked at her in surprise.

“I am not a Beastman anymore, so—”

Diona cut me off.

“That doesn’t matter. The Beast King ordered me to be your wife, no matter what form you take.”

She clung to my arm as if to declare that she would never let go. She was a shy, bashful girl whenever Cecilia was involved, but to everyone else, she was an indifferent girl adamant on carrying out her duty.

“Diona is right, Asta. Papa told me to stay by your and Cecilia’s side. Just watch me. I’ll find a way to break through both of your [Chastity] skills.”

Byleth secured her place on my left arm. Her ample chest pressed flirtatiously against me.

“I’m not a Demon, though?”

“I’m a Demon, so it all works out in the end, right?”

Byleth’s words made me blush. Even so, my heart danced wildly in joy. The sound of a suitcase rolling across the pavement caught my attention.

Bright, silver hair sparkled in the sunlight as Cecilia Snowlight stepped in front of of me. She turned to me with a faint smile.

“Let’s go, Asta.”

“Of course!”

Together, the four of us entered Elizabeth McDouglas’ limo. It may seem like I had returned back to the past, but this time was different. I was no longer alone. I had the two girls I loved by my side and a third girl that insisted on marrying me.

With these girls next to me, I could do anything. I could become an Epic talent, I could confront Aurelius Snowlight, and I could even…

I pushed down a sudden burst of nervousness at the thought of confronting the final boss.

I could even face my parents.

~FIN

76