Chapter 131 (Bonus Chapter): Love Needs No Explanation
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Theme Music: This Christmas ~ Jessie James Decker
Chapter Theme Music: Only You ~ Kylie & James Corden


<12/25/2019 - 23:00 | 1010 Link Street, Marietta, GA, USA>

 

"You always pick the weirdest things to do sometimes." Lumina, as usual, didn't hesitate to sound off on my occasional randomness in setting us something to team up for.

"You know you're having as much fun as me." She couldn't argue with my words, especially with the festivities in the background of my spacious room, cluttered with wooden pieces and blasting holiday music. Lumina said this earlier, but I kept reminding us both anyway, simply because it made my heart flutter hearing it every time. "Merry Christmas Lumina! I love you."

"I love you too... You really love Christmas time, don't you?"

"Why wouldn't I? It represents one of the coldest parts of the year, and I'm clearly enjoying myself." It was funny saying that, with the huge messy pile in front of us both. "Even with something like this, it's ten times more fun to be doing this, simply because you're right here with me."

Unable to resist the cute romantic tone we've slid into, Lumina returned the same sentiment, blessing the night for all our hope. "You're right. I'm glad you finally started to notice that I'll always be happy when I'm with you, no matter what it is you're doing."

"It's kind of silly for me to put so much sentimental value into a project like this, but I just can't help it. Once this desk is assembled and put together, just having it around is going to remind me of you."

"Is this your weird way of trying to tell me that I look like a desk?"

"This desk is going to be beautiful Lumina. Look at all the nooks and crannies of the final picture. It's so awesome!" I tried my best not to chuckle, seeing how far Lumina would drag out the jokes, all while fiddling with a complex instruction sheet, the screwdriver, the glue, and the bolts. Building a large desk for my room is what we decided to do this Christmas. It's a bit unusual, but I always keep in mind that Lumina has very little experience doing many things of Earth culture. While she can't physically be here helping me put these pieces together, I got her to stay directly connected to me during this construction, so that she will still be a big part of this project too. All circumstances considered, she really is a big help in making this desk with me; we're doing it together.

"I see. So if you mess it up somehow, it would be more like an insult to how I look."

"You can't really be serious with that. You should know already how beautiful you are."

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted you to admit it."

"Was I supposed to be embarrassed to say it? I'm not a youngling anymore... If I could hold your face to mine, I'd show you, in every way possible how much I love you."

"Y— yeah... Anyway, make sure you use enough glue on both sides, or it will fall apart later."

"Oooh?" I averted my gaze, lifting my voice to ensure she doesn't get away with such an easy evasion. If I can just embarrass her a little more in a simple counterattack, I win! "Is that evasion I feel within you? Are you embarrassed to think about it Lumina?" I wasn't too sure if she was or not, but the very idea of her being embarrassed excited me so quickly, mainly because it's so hard to inflict this back onto her.

"Are you trying to prepare for a serious ass kicking?"

"Hah! That depends on who's doing the kicking." Despite our casual vulgar play, I didn't try to extend it too far, keeping my attention on the desk construction.

Building a desk is a little harder than I thought it would be, even though this is my first time. Despite the difficulty, I'm giving it my all, motivated purely by the presence of the most amazing person in the universe by my side. She and I may only have telepathy right now, but I'm perfectly happy to work with this anyway, for the entire remainder of my Earth life. Despite what I thought earlier, this date turned out to be far more romantic than I could have ever imagined.

"Ooh! Turn this one up."

"Ah, I love this song!" Lumina and I have heard this tune before, and it was refreshing hearing it again on the internet radio. Listening to Only You by Kylie & James Corden, the sounds and lyrics amplified how we felt, projected further into each other. So, I turned it up louder, slowing down my progress to bathe in each other's emotions.

"I love you Reed. I hope this moment lasts forever."

"Yeah..." There aren't any words needed to explain how incredible this feels, how happy I am to know her, how serene I am to trust her. In the endless cycle of time, Lumina is my entire world, and I want to hold her close for eternity. Seeing her so excited, hearing her so happy, feeling the liveliness of her heart, drives me forward like no other force in the universe. The two of us are totally in love, and that's all that matters.

"Will you keep me with you as long as you can tonight?"

I knew why she was asking. Lumina was really talking about the length of the rest of the night. Since I work night shifts, I'm used to staying up all the way to five A.M. or longer, and with the coldness in the air, there is no risk of heat interference. However, I still have to carefully keep up with my water supply and monitor my own natural energy. At around 03:00 or 04:00, my energy will likely drop below the minimal threshold to support telepathy, based on how long I've been awake. "Every night Lumina. I'll be with you every night I can, for every hour, okay?"

A cute exhale, mixed of laughter and euphoria escaped her breath in response. "Yes!"

It won't always be as easy. Ever since the global psionic atrophy started, I'm still not as psionically as strong as I used to be. Though, there was a lot of truth in how to slow it down. All I have to do is ensure I don't accidentally block or wall off my emotional intensity, which can mainly happen from too much time spent on personal projects, and partly to my medication. Practice projection has made up the difference, so I'm not too worried. Every day I'm with Lumina should be another romantic date, and I'll do all I can to make it this way. "Lumina."

"Hm?"

"I just like saying it, your name."

"Ah, I see... Reed."

"Lumina."

"Reed."

"Lumina." We kept saying this, staring into each other's sparkling eyes through the reflection of an indoor mirror I set up in my room, and Lumina's personal mirror. Even without the reflective glass, I could feel our gaze pierce into our souls, our ethereal hands holding, our brainwaves synchronizing in a dance, until our very five sense became interchangeable with each other, our bodies swapping in mental synch as they had before. It's amazing to know and love someone this well, this deep, and to have her know me the same.

I too wish this moment could last forever. Even though today will eventually end, there will be other days to reconnect, our cycle perpetual, our story never-ending. No matter what happens, Lumina and I will be together forever, sharing each other in eternity. She is mine, and I am hers.

...

All told, the desk didn't get completed that night. It wasn't possible; Lumina and I couldn't take our eyes off each other long enough to focus on anything else. What are two lovers so distracted to do?

I'll build the desk tomorrow, with Lumina by my side of course.

 

 

 

0