Chapter 2
310 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

There is a new trend among the game community. A new game appears out of nowhere and sweeps the entire Steam platform as if it was a hurricane.

This game is called [Harvest Moon].

Usually, games that get into the trending pages and even reach the first rank are FPS or RPGs with fast-paced battles and engaging stories. However, this time it was not that kind of game. The story of the game is simple, and the gameplay is slow.

This game is about farming and raising animals like cows, goats, chickens, and ducks.

What shocked the people was the one making the game. The Game Developer is what shocked people. The developer is ConfusedDuck, and only one person is on that team. That's right. One person makes a game that is great in graphics, gameplay, and sound.

There are also rumors that the game will be awarded at the end of the year.

Because why not? The game is already selling over ten million copies weekly on Steam alone. That is a new record for a new game developer.

The news already picks up on this and spreads the name of the one making this game, Adrian Renaldi, a young man from Indonesia.

Even the media from his country picked up on this news and spread it around the country to the point that his parents knew about it even though they lived in a village far from the big city.

"Yeah, mom. Mom… Mom… Please stop crying… Mom, even though I don't work like normal people doesn't mean I'm not working… Even before I make the game, I'm still working… Mom… Dammit."

Adrian releases a tired sigh as his mother hangs him up. As the son of Asian Parents, his parents always want him to have a steady job like what he had in his previous life. They did not listen to him when he said that he had a good amount of money, so he did not need to work, but they did not listen.

Even when he was using that money to travel around the world, they did not budge and insisted that he take a job. So they know that their son is a game developer; they are now at nine heaven. They did not know what kind of job it was, but in their mind, it was a job, and their son already is a billionaire from all the money he got from the game he sold.

Adrian can only sigh in frustration because he does not get fame. However, he can do nothing because he does not know that his game will be this popular.

He did not know that his game was a relaxing game that could be played while on the road because he made sure to make his game playable with Nintendo Switch and other handheld consoles.

Adrian sighs once again and picks up his phone. He already claims his reward from the previous quest and sees the progressing quest.

=||=

|Rising Star!| |Local Quest| |Completed| |Claim? Y/N|

{Be the rising start that people can see! Make something using your skill and have at least one million users!}

[Reward: 150 Points]

~//~

|Brightest Star!| |Local Quest| |Completed| |Claim? Y/N|

{As the rising star, you need to shine even brighter! Make something using your skill and have at least ten million users!}

[Reward: 200 Points and 1 Premium-Spin Ticket]

=||=

It has been a week, and with these two quests, Adrian has already completed three [Local Quest], and he only needs seven more to unlock a new member.

From the previous quest, he gets 200 points, and now he gets 350 points. Combine it with all the sign-in he has done; he gets almost a thousand points. He currently has 975 points. His luck is always worse when involving anything Gacha.

"At least I got another gacha ticket; this time, it was a Premium one!"

He quickly goes to the [Gacha] section and presses the premium spin. After waiting for a few seconds, Adrian fell to the ground, screaming. He clutches his head while screaming as a rush of knowledge appears inside his brain.

However, it was not his head. His entire body feels like he is on fire. His body is now red like a lobster being boiled.

After screaming for ten minutes, Adrian is full of sweat and panting on the ground. He looks at the ceiling and slowly picks up his phone.

|Congratulations! You get [Onmyoudou (Mythical)]!|

"Right. As I thought it was that."

What Adrian is getting is a full-set power. If the common skill cap is the [Grand Master], then the supernatural one will be up to [Transcendence]. After [Grand Master], there are six more classes:[Saint], [Legendary], [Mythical], [Nature], [Divine], and [Transcendence].

Onmyoudou, at the rank of [Mythical], is the same as the most powerful Onmyouji, Abe-no-Seimei. Not only that but to compensate for his lack of mana core, the Chat Room granted him a mana core just because it was at a [Mythical] level.

If he gets that skill, but if it is below [Mythical], he needs a way to get a mana core inside his body to use it.

That is why he feels that pain. The Chat Room forces his body to get mana core.

Andrian releases a sigh and sits on the ground. He looks at his phone and sees that he is getting another quest.

"What is it now? Another user-type mission?"

=||=

|A New World!| |Local Quest| |Quest will be canceled in 3 hours|

{Did you know that your world is not what it is supposed to be? Well, your world is different from your previous one! Join the new world with a bang! Help the local magic user defeat twenty demons that are coming out from Demonic Realm}

[Reward: 400 Points]

[Bonus Reward: 100 Points (Kill 30 demons)]

[Bonus Reward: 150 Points (Kill 50 demons)]

[Bonus Reward: 250 Points (Kill 100 demons)]

=||=

Adrian blinks for a few seconds and sees a small arrow on the edge of his vision. 3 hours? That means either the people will defeat the demons on their own or they are dead. He can only curse at his luck and how the Chat Room put him in this situation.

After taking another breath, he quickly runs to the nearby store to buy a blank paper in bulk. He needs to prepare first.

"I need to prepare the basic weapons of all Onmyouji, Ofuda."

Adrian stops in his tracks and says.

"And a mask."

21