Chapter 3
372 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

Cahya Lestary, one of the shamans (called Dukun in Indonesian), who the organization sent to check on the portal that appears on the outskirts of Jakarta.

That is bad, really bad. The reason? Jakarta is the city with the biggest population in the country, and demons want to eat humans to increase their power.

Cahya and her group's job is to ensure the demon does not reach the city. Demon is smart, and they will make sure to hide in the shadows and raise their power before they announce their presence because they cannot hide it.

Demonic energy is what makes them so powerful. They can hide it perfectly well on a low level and even use it to hunt humans from the shadows. However, the more they eat, the bigger they are and the more noticeable their Demonic energy to other shamans.

The biggest and most powerful demon from Indonesia is called Buto Ijo. He is an Oni-type demon with green skin, twelve meters tall, and a muscle-filled body.

"How are the rogue Dukuns?"

Cahya looks at her comrade while keeping her eyes on the portal in front of her.

"They are already interrogated and ready for delivery. We only need to wait for the transport vehicle to arrive."

"I see. That is good. I hope they get the death sentences. This type of thing can kill many people."

"I don't know. They are just young Dukun, you know? The whisper of power tempts them."

"That did not excuse what they have done. They want to create a Genderuwo, which alone is a lifetime sentence."

Genderuwo is a man-made demon. They are creatures made of an unfortunate soul that die because of suicide, unnatural death, or improper burial. That soul will be taken by the Dukun and stuffed inside a corpse of a human male that has been soaked by Demonic energy.

Where do they get the Demonic Energy? From the demons they killed or from the portal to the demonic world, which happens here.

Sadly, the second option is usually resulting in a demon outbreak. What is a demon outbreak? A demon outbreak is an event where many demons manage to get through the portal and enter the human world.

To prevent this from happening, a group of shamans needs to be sent in order to prevent the portal from getting bigger so that only a small number of demons get out of it. The group of shamans is also the one killing the demons that manage to get away.

Cahya looks at the portal and feels a spike of demonic energy coming from the portal.

"Get ready! They are coming!"

Cahya takes out a dagger from its sheath. The blade in her hand is called Keris or Kris, a distinct weapon from Java. Many mundane people think Keris is a ceremonial weapon used in traditional ceremonies and whatnot. However, it was far from the truth.

The real Keris is a magical medium to cast spells and defend oneself in close combat.

Cahya takes a deep breath and mutters something in Sanskrit. After a few seconds, a transparent form of her ancestor appears behind her and nods his head. Her body glows a little, and Cahya can feel her body get stronger.

This special spell asks for the power of the user's ancestor and borrows it for a certain amount of time. The more famous their ancestor, the more powerful the effect will be. The leader of the Dukun Association of Indonesia is the direct descendant of Gajah Mada, and when he uses this spell, he can destroy a building with his punch.

"Here they come!"

Cahya shouts, and the other shamans get ready for the incoming attack. She expects a small demon to come out of the portal. She did not expect a massive, three meters tall demon to emerge.

*ROAR*

Cahya quickly thrust her Kris forward and created a shield in front of her as the demon swung its weapon.

*THUNK*

The demon's mace hits her shield, and Cahya grits her teeth as she can feel that attack even though the shield blocks the attack.

"Take this!"

Cahya swings her sword up, creates an eight Kris made of lightning, and lets it fly at the demon in front of her. When the lightning Kris struck the demon, it exploded one by one, and the demon roared in pain.

She widens her eyes when she sees the demon change in color and hears the scream of pain change into a scream of anger.

The demon roars and releases a torrent of fire from its mouth. Chaya's shield is a shield for a physical attack, not magical. Because of this, the barrier breaks easily. Luckily, Cahya managed to jump away from the attack and swing Kris at the demon.

A massive ball of water appears above her and flies to the demon. The water ball hit the demon and threw the demon half a meter away.

"Tch. As expected from an Oni-type demon."

Cahya swings her Kris once again and creates a chain made of light that holds the demon still. She then uses a large amount of her mana and pushes it into her Kris. She quickly runs toward the demon and jumps high.

As she is about to stab the demon right in the head, the demon breaks the chain and catches her. She struggles to escape the demon's grip, but it is all useless. She cannot get out, and she slowly loses hope.

However, before the demon can eat her, a paper crane appears next to the demon's head and explodes. The demon screams in pain and anger as it releases Cahya.

She widens her eyes and looks around before her eyes land on a man standing at the building near her. The man is wearing a black vest with a white long-sleeve shirt underneath it. She cannot see who this young man is because he is wearing a fox mask made of paper. She frowns a little as the mask is coming from Japan by the look of the pattern.

This young man is Adrian. It takes him quite a bit to make all the Ofuda and enchant the mask he creates using paper so it works as a mask that hides his face and voice.

"Run! You gotta run and inform the main branch of the Dukun Association!"

Adrian ignores her, takes out twenty Ofuda, and lets it float.

"I call the guardian of the East! Come and destroy the enemy in my name! Come Seiryu!"

Chaya does not know what Adrian is saying because he is using Japanese to activate his spell, but her eyes widen when she sees the Ofuda floating in the air, creating a magic circle with a pentagram inside of it.

As the magic circle spins for a few seconds, a massive Eastern Dragon appears from the magic circle and roars into the sky. With a silent command, Adrian points his finger at the rampaging demon in front of him.

A second later, the Shikigami he summons releases an ice breath that freezes at least twenty demons.

Seeing his work, Adrian can only mutter.

"Shit. I didn't know it was this powerful."

10