Chapter 4
160 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the destruction my Shikigami caused and cannot help but be surprised at the result. I know that Seiryu is a high-ranking Shikigami but holy shit! In a single breath, it can do this much damage.

I smile a little, pat the dragon floating next to me, and blink a little when I hear a voice.

"Hehehe~ Master is coming back!"

I hear a young woman's voice coming from the Azure Dragon beside me.

"Seiryu?"

"Yes, master?"

"You say that I'm coming back?"

"En! You are master Seimei!"

"Ah, but I'm not him, you know?"

"Eh?"

Seiryu sniffs me and licks me with her giant tongue. Lucky for me, she did not knock off my mask.

"Hmmm, you are not Master, but you have master magic and energy! That means you are a new master and an old master!"

I decided not to ask about her logic.

"Seiryu, can you take care of the demon?"

"Of course, master! Leave it to me!"

At my order, the giant dragon roars again and flies at the monster, trying to get away from my Shikigami. While Seiryu takes care of the demons, I slowly get down from the building by using my ofuda to create an invisible platform for me to step on.

I arrive next to the young woman that is about to get eaten and greet her.

"Good evening. Are you okay?"

I can see her widen her eyes at my word. Is my word weird? I know that I cast concealment on the mask I made, but it should not make my voice weird.

"Y-You can speak Indonesian?"

"Of course."

Right. I speak Japanese when I talk to Seiryu and chant. Another knowledge I got from the Onmyoudo skill I got from the gacha.

"Ah."

"Are you okay?"

"A little battered, but I'm okay."

"I see. Let me make sure."

I take out four ofuda and throw them into the air.

"Gentle green grass, come! Help the weak! Hotarugusa!"

The ofuda spins for a few seconds before suddenly; a small girl appears next to me. This is Hotarugusa, a spirit of the firefly grass. She is a support-type shikigami that can heal and boost the user or other targets.

I smile a little at the shy spirit in front of me who tries to hide behind a giant firefly grass she is carrying.

"Hello there. My name is Adrian, and I'm the one calling you."

"Ummm"

"You don't need to hide, my friend. I swear in the name of my name that I'm not summoning you to hurt you."

I put my index on my heart and swear using my magic. This is a symbol of trust because if I'm lying, I will feel unbearable pain.

"Umm… You don't need to do that, master…"

"But I want to."

"Um… I see."

"Anyway, the reason why I call you is to help the people that are injured around us."

I point at the people on the ground; some are bleeding, and some have broken bones. Seeing so many injured people, Hotarugusa's eyes shine in determination, and she nods.

"En! I will help."

"Thank you. You care for the people on the left while I care for the ones on the right."

"Yes!"

I smile a little when I see Hotarugusa run to the nearby injured people. I can see the young woman next to me look at Hotarugasu and say.

"Who is she? She is not a human, right?"

"No. She is a spirit. A spirit of grass."

"I see."

"Anyway, let me heal you."

I take out two special ofuda and place them on the young woman's head and chest. Ofuda is different from other types of magical foci. Ofuda already has a magical formula on top of it and can be instantly used according to the formula written on it.

There are five types of magical formulas that can be written on the ofuda. The first one is the summoning ofuda, the most common for an onmyouji. The second one is the healing formula. I use this to heal the young woman in front of me. The third one is a curse. This is the offensive and counter spell used by onmyouji. The fourth one is the barrier. This is the most complex one among the five; a single error can create an explosion that can kill me. The last one is for exorcism. The main job of onmyouji is exorcism; this formula is the most powerful any onmyodo should have.

I shake my head and see that the young woman is now fully healed. I nod and walk to the next patient. I continue to heal them one by one, and when I heal my third patient, Seiryu flies toward me and changes into a beautiful woman wearing a light blue Cheongsam. She has golden horns on top of her head and a tail behind her back.

She quickly jumps toward me and hugs me when she lands on the ground. I smile a little and hug her back. A few seconds later, I released her and put her down. I can see her pouting like a child, which makes me smile a little.

"Good job, Seiryuu."

"Hehehe~"

I smile a little and give her a head pat. While patting her head, I can see Hotarugusa running toward me. I can see she widens her eyes at the sight of Seiryuu, but she only swallows her saliva and says.

"I'm done, master!"

"Good job!"

I use my other hand to pat her head and see her close her eyes in contentment. I stop patting their head when I see the young woman who I heal earlier walk toward me and says.

"Thank you for the help, stranger."

"It is not a problem. I'm happy to help."

"By the look of your mask, you did not want to be known, right?"

"Yes."

"Hmmm… Very well. I will call you Fox for now. Can you confirm a few questions I have in mind? I will not ask your name or anything."

"Sure, ask away."

"Thank you. First thing first, are you an Onmyouji?

I nod and say.

"Yes. I'm Onmyouji."

"That means you are from Japan."

"You can say that."

My power's origin comes from Japan. Hmmm, not really. It comes from China but spread to Japan, and the Japanese people modify it. However, she did not need to know that.

"I see. Can I ask the reason why you come here? I think the others already put a barrier around this area to ensure the civilians did not go here and demons did not get out."

"Ah, that barrier? I can bypass that by creating a temporary hole in it. As for why I came here, I feel the foul energy of the demons coming out of the barrier, so I decided to investigate."

"You can feel them from the outside, huh?"

"Yes. I suggest you make sure to give the energy-blocking barrier a little bit more focus. While the demon cannot get out, the energy can still corrupt the civilian."

She nods, and I can see the gear inside her head moving quickly.

"We will make sure the next one will be better."

"Good. Is that all?"

"Yes. Thank you for helping us."

"Not a problem."

After saying that, I take out seven Ofuda and throw it into the air. I create a hand seal, and the three of us suddenly teleport into my home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Cahya Lestari – Captain of the Dukun Association of Indonesia|

"Why are you letting him go?"

I look to the side for a second and look back at the mysterious man that just disappeared.

"Because we cannot contain him. Did you not hear what he just said? He created a hole without any of us noticing it. That means he is a master of the barrier and combines it with his summoning ability… I don't think we can win if a fight breaks out."

The man next to me, Santoso, nods his head and says.

"Yeah. You are right. I also did not want to fight someone who just saved our lives. If not for him we will be dead. The portal that the intel gives us is false. It was not a small to medium-level portal. It was a high-level portal."

Right. That is another matter. The intel given to us is faulty or false at worst. I need to talk to the higher-ups about this.

"Gather the others and tell them to prepare their memory for presentation. We will show our memory of this fight to the higher up and see if there is a problem in our information gathering. The Dukun is a low-level one, but the portal is a high-ranking one."

"Yes, captain!"

10