Chapter 3: Starter Pack
4.3k 16 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Open Starter Pack]

As Ben was rowing his boat, he heard the system speak again. He had been rowing for about an hour. 

(Starter Pack?)

[Congratulations you have opened the starter pack and obtained the Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Akuma no Inkubus. It allows you to transform into a powerful incubus, a creature that is half-man and half-demon.]

All of a sudden a devil fruit appeared in front of him in a red light. Ben started examining the devil fruit, it looked like a red apple with swirls on the top.  

(Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Akuma no Inkubus so a Human Model: Demon Incubus. Wait what is this starter pack and was this random or did someone plan to give me this devil fruit?)

[....]

(You can't stay silent.  I need answers)

[...]

There is something deeply wrong with the system. Goddess Athena said she was working on it. If she is based on Greek mythology then she will be the goddess of wisdom. She can't get something wrong like this. If there is one goddess from Greek mythology there may be more. Ben thought to himself. 

Ben thought back to reading One Piece with his sister in the past. All the epic adventures Luffy and the gang got to do. From fighting warlords, admirals and even yonkos to exploring new islands and making friends. 

Ben looked into the sea and saw his reflection. He saw his brown eyes and fair skin inherited from his mother. His blond hair from his father. At age 19 he was about 6 feet tall and with a broad chest. He did the occasional exercise in school as part of his school education and playing football with his friends. He was not the smartest in the class but did well as he did not take many things seriously.  

That life is over. As he was holding the devil fruit in his hand, Ben realised if he was going to survive he needed to get serious. 

Ben took a big bite of the fruit. It tasted awful. He thought no wonder the character in the anime hated the taste. 

Suddenly, he felt his stomach twisting. His lower region started hurting. Before he knew it he had passed out. 

94