118. Colonizing Earth
409 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 15 day 113, 3rd April of the year 2169.

"The coordinates are correct, angles perfect, angles need correction…", Liam continued to mumble, mentally listing hundreds upon hundreds of parameters as he manipulated the circular metallic device in his hand. He was currently on the flattest side of the Island of the Heartsong, a larger metallic disk structure with blue lines growing from a metal platform in front of him.

"This going to be a gate to Earth if We understood correctly?", Eywa inquired from behind, she was basking under the twin suns, her stomach on the back of a sleeping Gladius as her long tail twirled around gemstones like gravity was a mere suggestion.

"Correct my love, and it's going to use the principle of wormhole, it's exactly how the Harvester appeared in the sky from the outer edge of the galaxy at a speed far outpacing that of light. But it will be weaker, more… How to say it, controlled, I don't want billions to die with gravitational discharges.", Liam answered, continuing to calculate the parameters making a mistake could have devastating results potentially killing millions to billions if one of the wormholes appeared in a city depending on its size.

"Hmm… How? How does this principle work?", she asked unfazed by an arthropod the size of a dog and the shape of a hybrid between a butterfly, praying mantis, a scolopendra, and a hunt and spider landing on her arm her only reaction was to pet it playful leading to soft clicking chips escaping its many jutting outward chelicerates.

However, one of Gladius' four eyes snapped open and the massive beast of claws and destruction both softly growled and glared with disgust at the insect, murderous intent within both actions but the great austrapede knew restraints and this was Mother on the back. Doing something stupid will not be tolerated.

"It creates a tunnel to two points in space-time by apt use of its curve, gravity. Though it's not an explanation you want, it's too basic and gives a false imagery since space is not a 2D plane or totally continuous for that matter.", he said followed by giving a short lesson on the subject while simultaneously feeding her through their empathetic link more information.

"This is fascinating… We wonder what one of such 'wormholes' would do if it were to be formed in the core of a planet. The result would be very destructive wouldn't it?", after his dense but concise explanation Eywa asked, she knew it was one of his worries and she could already see what it did.

"Yes but it varies depending on the parameters you want to use but the destroyed spaceship we have visited warping into Pandora's core would kill everyone, and the moon would split and fragment. You can already see what the bigger one would do.", he said with a frown, irritation in his voice at the mere idea of what he said happening.

"But from the information we got this method of attack is going to be a possibility only when we are seen as too large of a threat to be worth harvesting and attacking for revenge.", Liam added, twisting the device in a way it shouldn't be able to from an outside perspective.

The Avatar blinked and smirked, a fanged smile of pure bloodlust as she said with an edge to her voice that made her true nature as a primordial lifeform pop out, "And that would be too late, far too late when they realize their grievous mistake, honey. A predator when given the chance to eliminate a threat should not wait, it should strike true and mercilessly, and that is what they have not done. They should keep on attacking us but they do not, they are greedy and think of us as prey, dangerous ones that require weakening but prey in status all the same. Logical reasoning for an apex predator that went unchangeable for eons, but one that would prove their downfall."

"I can only agree but alas that won't make the incoming war easy, and we must never believe we have won before having thoroughly cleaned the Milky Ways of their presence. I know enough of their technology to understand they could do something very dangerous to us all if they choose to.", the Homo Deus noted and Eywa hummed in agreement at the undesirable reality.

After this, a pleasant silence took the clearing with only sounds the waves breaking against the reef hundreds of meters below and the winds with Gladius snoring as background noises.

But it was broken by the sound of metal groaning and massive amounts of air being displaced as Liam merged the device he had been fiddling with into the structure precisely into the human average chest-high pedestal that had emerged from the silvery platform. 

The ten meters (33ft) in diameter ring that had been filled with all but air until now had turned into a primordial whirlpool of translucent white while the blues line adorning the inside of the ring had become bright enough to be almost blinding even under the harsh light of the two suns. The air getting sucked leading to dust being absorbed and the wind picking up.

"Here grab love.", Liam said an apple appeared in the palm of his hand before he threw it in the gaping hole in the space-time continuum contained by the ring of Tek.

The wind picked up in another direction and above Eywa the apple reappeared mostly intact, gravity calling the fruit back to Pandora she gingerly grasped it mid-fall and began eating it. The instant glare of jealousy from Gladius caused Liam to throw another fruit, one rich in iron, and like the apple, it caused the same phenomena and popped back into reality in front of the great austrapede with damage on its surface but that didn't matter to Gladius.

"Success! It's not perfect but it would do.", he exclaimed with a proud smirk and the soft snort from Eywa behind him caused him to deadpan her with the two fiery silvery orbs that were his eyes but it was all in good fun.

"We can see, luckily those were fruits and not mortals, but a start is needed.", the Avatar said with a giggle her pure white hair was completely unaffected by the powerful wind as if she was out of reality.

"Yes indeed, but the Tek Portal wasn't built to be used for transporting people, at least this first design, it's still a pretty unstable wormhole, and walking through it without protection would turn someone inside out, if not worse. It's just a gateway to certain coordinates within thirty light years away when there isn't a Tek Teleporters nearby.", Liam said with a shrug tossing a few other things to make sure all was in order.

This was going to be his current method to go to other star systems and colonize them well, not for the one with sapient life that is. Diplomacy will be the way to go for them, barring Earth which was the target here hypocritical as it is.

It wasn't because Liam particularly wanted to do it but that there wasn't any option to gain control of the Sol System without the use of extreme means in a timely manner. He was eternal but he didn't have an eternity to work with. And he needed to have the entirety of humanity for what was to come, not forgetting Earth and any other celestial bodies in the system was a target for the Harvester.

Without further words three two five meters long and two-meter-wide silvery lozenges appeared in a flash of light, the light adorning their angular body different than the one next to them, the first was green, the second was blue and the third and last was red.

Liam breathed in and from his chest exploded an intertwinement of vicious black and blue roots alight and pulsing with veins of brilliant purple and pale blue. It was Element, and as it had its own will it snaked through the air and filled the holes at the center of those three lozenges.

Once this task was done Liam breathed out and observed with fascination his 'seeds' a strange sentiment welling inside him at the sight and what it meant for him as being beyond human, Eywa behind was just as fascinated if even more. The Element that was her mate was truly something out of this world and she knew how literal the saying was in his case.

"Let's begin the first sequence of the Seeding Protocol.", he said with a smile forming, and with the movement of his arm the three lozenges were flung into the Tek Portal.

Trillion upon trillion kilometers away on Earth three wormholes opened far above in the sky and from those breaches in reality came three lights one green, one blue, and one red, their light so bright it informed all of their location from even other side of a container as long as the curvature permitted it.

And so high in the sky of the Indian Ocean, precisely above the Réunion Island the green one appeared, in short second it became a fireball as its light grew in intensity, its speed several times that of sound and its distance from the soil reduced immensely by the second yet mere instant before it impacted the Piton des Neige, one of the three volcanoes of the island. 

The sudden stop created a shockwave that traveled across the island and if not for the green light it and the closing wormhole detected a dozen seconds before this would have been taken for an unplanned eruption but it wasn't the case so it had been taken for a bombardment alert had been set off at an all-time high while the lozenge dug itself deeply in the volcano.

At the same time thousand and five hundred kilometers (~4,000 mi) north close to the Black Sea the blue one had done the same but it was digging in Mount Elbrus, the highest peak of Europe as well as a glaciated stratovolcano. The lack of civilization around led to far less hysteria but hysteria nonetheless as again it was rightfully mistaken for a warhead. 

As for the third and last one, the red was digging into the Cotopaxi, one of Earth and South America's highest and most active volcanoes. Similarly to the last two it was taken as a nuclear strike causing Ecuador and the surrounding countries to enter a state of high alert.

Videos, pictures, and audio of these events that had happened in these three corners of the world didn't take long to be on the Internet in minutes. One view passed, to two, then to two turned to hundreds of millions and billions as the news spread like wildfire on every social platform.

And that was because they couldn't be deleted and neither the account that posted them could be banned. It was as if the Internet itself was working by itself and did not follow any order given.

In only a few hours the entirety of humanity knew what happened, the information impossible to keep under wraps, and any attempt to shut down the sites where this information was blocked. 

"What the Hell is happening!?", Michael Reynold a tall middle-aged man in a dark blue suit screamed in incomprehension, his right hand slamming against his luxurious desk of mahogany but the one hurt was the latter as the man's hand and arm were far from being organic. 

On his side a miniature had almost fallen off at the impact, a flag composed of thirty-four white stars on a blue background while the rest was made of red and white horizontal lines. 

This man was Commander-in-Chief of the New United States of America for short NUSA and it had barely been ten minutes since the incident and things weren't going well, panic was already spreading en masse the rampant information of what happened was impossible to be purged. The day had been great until now a new agreement had been officialised with the European Economic Community that would facilitate trade and then with Uthopéa for shipment of purified unobtanium.

All was going well, for him, and it had been going well since the beginning of his mandate but it apparently ended here with this… Three UFOs, one in France's Oversea Territories, another in what once was Russia close to the countries NUSA was in high tension with, and the last in a high zone of conflict in South America that they were on less than friendly terms.

He knew that it would be another war, one of scale he couldn't predict, and he knew he was going to play a role in it; those things that teleported in the sky needed to be studied and kept in good hands. Those were aliens in design and origins, the picture on the holoscreens hovering in front of him with the real-time satellite scans and uses of powerful AIs.

Then another news came, one that caused him confusion, then rage and dread as another man walked in his eyes wide in fear, more followed suit all with various decorations indicating their high status.

"We have lost connection with every one of our warheads!", the one that entered first said, it was the Secretary of Defense and what he said led to shock then horror to wash over the Presidential Office.

But he wasn't the only one bringer of bad news as a muscular woman not lacking in cybernetic augmentation spoke, she was the Chairwoman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and what she announced was equally if not more horrific.

"All technology using computing, be they connected or not had been compromised.", what she meant was that the totality of devices using some form of computers from basic walkie-talkies to the most advanced of their aircraft were now unable to be operated or used.

This meant more widely that the entirety of their vast navy, airforce, and space force with the biggest party of their ground forces had been neutered in their entirety. All of their armies were now powerless, even ground troops as their equipment was also in grand parties leaning heavily on advanced technology.

However unknown to them as they panicked trying to find a nonexistent solution this fate was shared equally within every armed force around the globe. From the mighties to the smallest, none were spared from this treatment, and as the world fell into chaos the three emitters of this green, blue, and red light had black roots pulsing with blue and purple glow digging through the earth.

Hello, we are back in good old Earth with an aggressive and effective conquering tactic.

Bye-bye!

My Patreon if you want to give me money and have chapters I have finished in advance, around 20.

Spoiler

Thank High Simp of Mephala, Atlas Des Glücks, Alhis, Andres Saavedra, Jeffrey Iverson, KO.Dragon, Mickael Burcak, TheSuccDragon, BlazeZavage, Eins Mensch, No_Rez, Victor Gonzales, Mp Gaming, scifighter, Krawn, Dkj224, Nicolous Ramirez, Max Brown, Djinn wolftthrone, Chase, Kyle Sorensen, Pilot Pirx, Laplase, Nateica Burlock, Deathknight134, Jaylon Cain, Montesha, Jackietron201, Victoria, Jen Jensen, Ein Mensch, WhataGreatNamelol, Bryan, Surtur, Naga, moon's sin, Darien Fields, Darrens Francois, nathan, Darth Bane, Zenith, Matheus de Oliveira, Conner Jackson, N0T0B0K, Joe, Fiduciam, Who cares, kekk047, David, Scarletmenace, BIGSHOTSWAG, Carlos, Khetsun XD, enriv125, Saxon Bartlett, Vinnie, Alexender Haneke, Timothy Scholze, Xbox On, SamStrike, Graham Jones, Icha, Ben Hoskin, player1jannik, Aom Rattanapham, Djinn wolfthrone, Muhanad Ibrahim, Vaiolelai, Trollerw, SirDep, Doliliisgamming, Coolgye1801, michael schiff, cocobum, Thomas Deyl, and everyone for the support.

[collapse]

23