Prologue (His Past) – 11. Irrational
2.1k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning sun shone through the thin curtains, woke Angel from his sleep. He get up slowly while holding his head that still feels heavy.
"What happened last night? Why I sleep on the sofa?"

He tried to remember what had happened last night. He remembered she taking him to his room, treating him and kissing him...

His face turned red as he touched his lips and his heart pounded.
"That weird woman... She even didn't tell me her name..."

Suddenly he remembered her words last night.
"If you want to know my name, meet me at the hunting competition tomorrow and win the competition for me."

A smile began to appear on his face.
"How could I forget?"

He quickly got up and got ready. The wound on his back had not healed yet but he didn't feel any pain from it, he even keep smiling all the time. After he's done, he left his room in a hurry and ran towards the hunting ground's gate where the competition was being held. He always lived by the rules, the law, his uncle's order and never let his emotions dominate him but this was the first time he felt his emotions so overwhelming.

In front of the gate, many people had gathered, He searched for her among the crowd.

"Angel!"

He turned his gaze towards the source of the voice and saw Ophelia waving at him.

"Who are you looking for?" she said while running approach him.

"I'm looking for a friend, she said she would meet me here but it looks like she hasn't arrived yet, " he answered as he continued to search her among the crowd.

Ophelia stared at him in puzzled expression.
"You have a new friend? No wonder you seem very happy today."

He looked away trying to cover up his smile.
"Do I look that happy?"

She was silent for a moment as if she realized something. She knew Angel always kept a distance from other people and he hardly let his emotions shown on his face, but today... He acted completely different.
"Yes... I've never seen you like this before..." she said as she kept staring at him. An uneasy feeling seized her heart, it's feels like someone will snatched him away from her.

Suddenly a guard approached him.
"Your Highness, Prince Ilex is waiting for you at the hunting gate pavilion."

He turned his gaze towards the pavilion near them and saw Ilex already standing there, staring sharply at him. He breathed a heavy sigh, because usually Ilex wanted to meet him just to make trouble.

He turned his gaze back to Ophelia.
"I will excuse myself."

*

*

*

"Why are you calling me?" Angel said as he approached Ilex.
Ilex still stared at him sharply with unpleasant expression on his face.
"Angelus Raizel! Didn't I tell you never seduce my sister?!" he said in emphasis tone.

He returned his sharp stare with another sharp stare.
"Ilex Ferris, when did I seduce your sister?"

"When you say? Didn't you just approach her and keep smiling stupidly at her?!" said Ilex angrily.

He smirked.
"Approaching her? Obviously she's the one who came to me, and that stupid smile... take it easy it's not for her." He turned around and about to leave, but Ilex stopped him.

"Wait!" shouted Ilex.

He stopped his steps.

"I hope you don't forget my father's order to let me win, " Ilex added.

Angel just let out a sigh as he returned to walk. Of course he remembered the order clearly. Although they didn't say anything, he knew that today's hunting competition was actually the Kingdom of Asteria's tradition to determine who was entitled to be the crown prince.
"I never wanted to be king from the first place. For me as long as I can protect Asteria, my father's kingdom. That is enough..." 

42