First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 35. A War Plan Against Euphorion
1k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as they entered the study room, King Gervis immediately got down to the problem.

"Angel is still alive and now he has become the King of Euphorion." he said as he walked to his desk and sat there.

Ilex shocked at his father's words.
"That's impossible! I killed him! I even threw him to the Whitedevil Rose field to make sure he really died. Even if he turns into an undead, the plant's grip won't release him." he said defensively.

"But the proof is he's still alive! Do you know what's worse? He has prepared his army to take revenge on Asteria!" said King Gervis angrily.

"What?!" said Ilex in surprise, his eyes widened, his expression turned to panic, then he thought for a while before turning his gaze back to King Gervis.
"Father, are you really sure it's him?"

"Duke Owen reported it to me." King Gervis said with calmer tone.

Ilex immediately lowered his head, his hands clenched, guilt clearly seen on his face. He knew Duke Owen was his father's trusted man and his loyalty to Asteria could be guaranteed.

King Gervis leaned back on his chair and pressed his fingers to his temple, he looks confused.
"I still have to wait for him to clarifies the news, but if I don't take action now, I'm afraid it will be too late."
"With our current condition, if we declare war, it will only complicate things. People's trust to us will decline, but we also can't just waiting for him to attack Asteria. We must attack him secretly without a declaration of war."

Ilex could only be silent when he hear his father words while kept his head down.

Attacking without a declaration of war, that's mean the war will be carried out without the approval of the court and without making any notice to the civilians. In an emergency like now, that plan is the most suitable. This war plan is very effective for sudden attacks, but the consequences will be very bad if the attack fails, especially if the enemy managed to strike back. Because the civilians won't be ready to escape or confront the enemy's force, besides that the troops that deployed are also limited to avoiding suspicion from the enemy and civilians. Therefore this plan can only be carried out if they can ensure their victory.

The room filled with silence when they both deep in thought for the same thing.

"How we can ensure our victory?"
they thought.

Suddenly an idea crossed Ilex's mind, he raised his head again to look at King Gervis.
"Father, how about asking for help from another kingdom?"

King Gervis breathed a heavy sigh.
"The Andromeda Continent is at peace now, other kingdoms will avoid to interfere with the others war, let alone to get involved."

"I know someone who can help us without being involved."

King Gervis frowned as he returned his eyes to Ilex.
"Who do you mean?

"King Eudon of Zephyrus. We just need to ask him to make deadly poison for us, it will really help us to win this war without getting him involved. What do you think?" replied Ilex.

King Gervis fell silent when he back in deep thought.
"What Ilex said is right, but King Eudon is a cautious person and avoids war, especially since his kingdom is often in revolts. He has been busy take care of his kingdom internal affairs, he won't make poison for other kingdoms especially for war purposes. "
"I don't think he will help us." he said.

"Relax, I will make an offer that cannot be refused by him. I only need one platoon of elite troops to come with me tomorrow." said Ilex confidently.

"Well, I'm entrusting this to you, but you have to be careful."

"Yes, father." Ilex answered, then he left the room.

King Gervis sighed again.
"I never thought, all this time I had raised a traitor... I should have killed him fifteen years ago, when I found out about the strange power within him. I didn't expect my decision to keep him alive until I found the real Angelus Raizel will bring calamity to Asteria. "

23