First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 39. A Princess Who Behave Like A Prince
983 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose ran quickly down the corridor to the castle entrance. When she arrived, she saw General Ferand already riding his horse through the gate with the elite troops.

A moment later King Eudon and the other guards run after her from behind.
"Stop her!" he ordered.

Some guards approached her trying to hold her. But she immediately took her whip that tucked on her belt and swung it around, preventing them from approaching. The guards quickly retreated away.

She quickly seized the rein from a guard who had just come down from his horse and rode it.
"Uncle, leave the Slyhelm City to me." she said as she pulled the rein around her hands and spurred the horse toward the gate.

King Eudon's steps stopped at the castle entrance.
"Close the gate! Don't let her out!" he shouted.

The guards quickly closed the castle gates but it was too late, Rose had passed them. She looked back and could see her uncle standing at the castle entrance with an angry face, the guards that surrounded him were breathing heavily from chasing her.
"Forgive me uncle, I can't just wait and let them hurt Ivetta." then she turned her gaze back to the front and spurred her horse faster.

*

*

*

Rose, General Ferand and the elite troops marched towards Slyhelm City. When she joined, General Ferand had ordered several guards to accompany her back to the castle, but she refused and still wanted to go with them. They could not go against her orders, now the royal family member was just her and King Eudon, in other words she was the second highest authority in Zephyrus after the king. She rode her horse next to General Ferand while they kept their horses moving fast.
"General, what's your plan?" she asked.

"I will divide the troops into two, half of them will attack from the front, the others will sneak into the city to save the hostages." he answered.

"Then I will lead the troops who sneak into the city."

"No, let me lead them. Your Highness, you should lead the troops that attacking in front of the city. If anything happens with us, return to the castle for help." he said with refusal tone.

She gave him a sharp look, objected to his refusal.
"General Ferand, are you looking down on me?"

"I do not dare, but you are the only royal descendant, moreover..."
General Ferand paused and pressed his lips because he couldn't say it. He knew Rose really didn't like being reminded of her status as a princess. That's why she prefers to wear a military blazer like a prince than a dress like a princess.

Rose noticed his expression and chuckled.
"Are you saying that because I'm a princess then I shouldn't be on the battlefield? A princess also from the royal family doesn't that mean I also have the same burden as a prince?"

"You are the only descendant of the Heart family, please think again." he continued.

"That's why, since I'm the only descendant of the Heart family, I have to do it." she replied.

"I won't let them underestimate our family."

General Ferand could only sigh, he knew once Princess Rose had decided on something then no one would be able to change it again.
"Your Highness, it's too bad you were born as a woman when you fight like a true knight. You have more courage than any man I've ever met."

20