First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 40. Infiltration To Slyhelm Town I
992 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once he reached the western gate of Slyhelm Town, General Ferand raised his clenched fist and lowered it, ordering the troops to get off their horses. He got off his horse and took a few steps forward.

"I'm General Ferand requesting to speak with your leader!" he shouted.

A well-built young man climbed the stairs and stood at the city gate wall facing him.
"General Ferand, welcome to Slyhelm Town."

General Ferand looked at him in detail and felt strange about him, his face looked so unfamiliar that he seems like not from Zephyrus. Besides, from the way he stood and walked he seemed more suited as a military than a rebel.
"Are you their leader?"

"Yes, I'm their leader." he answered with a haughty face.

"What is your purpose in taking this city?" asked General Ferand.

"Don't you already know my purpose? I want change our ruler!"

"Sir, if you are not satisfied with the king, we still can discuss it." said General Ferand in a convincing tone.

He laughed contemptuously.
"General, if you want to negotiate with me, I'm not interested."

"We can talk about it, I'm sure the king will definitely release you and your army." said General Ferand trying to convince him.

*

*

*

While the rebels attention was diverted to General Ferand. Rose and her troops already at the southern gate, they stucked some stakes between the wall stones as a foothold and began to climb. When she was almost there she peeked to check the situation around her before climbing to the top followed by several of her troops while others waited for her orders. She ducked down to hide between the stone fences, then crept closer to the nearest guard post tower. Three armed men were seen guarding there, she raised his hand to order them to stop. When the enemies's position approaches she waves her hand forward. They advanced together to close their enemies mouths and kill them.
"Tell the others to climb up." she ordered one of her troops and he immediately carried out her order. One by one of her troops climbed up and moved towards the guard post while she peeked from behind the tower to inside the town to check where they were gathering the hostages. Her eyes focused on a group of people that the rebels had brought to the Town Hall.
"It seems they are gathered them in the Town Hall."

She placed one hand flat atop the other that formed a letter 'T' which said they were going to the Town Hall which was answered with a nod from her troops.

They move down the stairs slowly and examined the surroundings to checked the situation before they ran hiding into the nearest alley. They continued to approach the Town Hall while hide between the alley and buildings. She peered while checking the situation, the front gate was closed, some enemies were seen guarding the gate, courtyard and door.
"If we attack them directly, they could use the hostages to threaten us."

She remembered that behind the Town Hall was a garden with many shady trees. She moved her index finger in circle motion to order her troops to move to the back door. They turned and moved towards behind the Town Hall while keep hiding themselves.

She checked the situation surround her, the back door was locked, some enemies were seen standing guard there but at least the number of their enemies was less than the front gate. She raised her two fingers, ordered the archers to get ready, the archers swiftly advanced toward her. She turned her gaze to them and moved her hand to her chest, commanding them to follow her. They answered with a nod.

She peered again while waiting for an opportunity, as soon as she saw the enemies off guard, she and several archers advanced quickly to the trees nearby. They continued to approach the back door by hiding themselves from tree to tree until the distance of their enemy was close enough for the archers. She could not take the risk to attack from a distance, if there was one arrow that missed then their plan could be messed up. She raised her two fingers to order the archers to get ready, the archers took their positions, aiming to their targets. She waved her two fingers forward, the arrows fired to their enemies and killed them. She turned her gaze to her troops behind and waved her arms forward, commanding them to advance.

She walked toward the fence and climbed it, followed by her troops. Suddenly an enemy came and almost shouted for help, before the enemy let out his voice, she grabbed her poisoned knife around her belt and threw it at his neck, her enemy died instantly.

They approached the back door, she took her hairpin and began fiddling it at the keyhole, until the door is open. This was one of the tricks she had learned a long time ago since she was often locked in her room by her uncle to prevent her from escaping, that's why she learned this from the royal locksmith so she could free herself.

They enter the Town Hall and encountered some enemies but they can defeated it quietly . Finally, after checking several rooms and going through a long corridor, she came to a large door, which usually led to the main lobby, the most spacious place in the building.
"They suppose to be here."

20