First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 42. Infiltration To Slyhelm Town III
920 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She peeked into the room and could see a person in the black robe standing not far from the door accompanied by two guards, they also covered their faces.

"I'd better deal with their leader as soon as possible."

She pulled out her poisoned knife and waited for an opportunity, when she saw the leader off guard she threw it. But the attack was deflected by one of the guards. She clicked her tongue and broke in while swinging her whip at them repeatedly. The guards advanced to protect the leader and fend off her attacks.
"They are different from previous enemies, they are well trained!"

"Stop! Princess Rose, if you resist us, I will kill the hostages!" said the leader, its voice sound weird .

They stopped their fight, Rose glanced under the balcony. The rebels below her are seen pointing their weapons at the hostages accompanied by the screams of fear of the hostages.

She turned her gaze to the leader.
"Coward!" she said angrily.

"Drop your weapon!" the leader commanded.

She fell silent for a moment then dropped her Nightkiss.

The leader smiled wickedly.
"Catch her!"

The guards were just about to approach her, suddenly she threw a pouch filled with sleeping powder out of the balcony.
"Now!" she ordered.

An arrow flew from the gap of the lower lobby door below her, through the pouch in the mid-air, scattering white powder around it. The whole people in the room shocked and tried to covered their mouth, she quickly took back her whip and threw her whip blade at the leader but again her attack was deflected by the guards. Meanwhile the effects of her sleeping powder began to work, the rebels and hostages under them began to collapse one by one, leaving only the four of them. Her troops broke in from the lower lobby door after the effects of the sleeping powder disappeared from the air.

Soon an loud explosion sound came from the western gate.

-BOOM!

Accompanied by the sound of clashing swords.

She smirked.

"Looks like General Ferand has broken through the gate."

"Surrender now! I will lessen your sentence." she said.

The leader answered her by pulling out its sword and quickly storming at her along with the guards, she swung her whip to prevent them from approaching her. They brushed it off and broke through to escape through the door behind her.

Rose immediately chased after them.

*

*

*

Ivetta ran down the corridor along with two elite Asteria troops who had been ordered by Ilex to guard her. She wore a black robe that covered her head and face, while the two elite troops wore a mask to coverings their face with loose outwear clothing.
"She's faster than I thought! Did our plan fail?"

Suddenly a small explosion came.

-BUM! Treek-- Treek-- Treek!

Ivetta looked at a nearby window, magic fireworks with the lion's head crest of Asteria fired from the direction of Ironwall City. A smirk grew on her face.

"Ilex has managed to get the poison."

They turned at the end of the corridor and entered one of the rooms. Ivetta removed her robe, ruffled her hair and tore off several parts of her dress while the two men took off their outerwear showing the white uniform typical of the Asterian troops. As soon as Rose turned the corner, Ivetta came out of the room and ran towards her with a scared expression, while the two elite Asterian troops ran to the opposite direction as if chasing someone. Ivetta immediately hugged her.
"Rose, thank God you came. I was really scared..." she said with trembled voice.

Rose's attention was still on the two elite Asterian troops who ran away.
"Asterian troops? Why are they here?" She wanted to chase after them, but Ivetta held her.
"Where are you going? Don't leave me, please don't leave me. I'm really scared ..." Ivetta pleaded.

Rose turned her eyes to Ivetta and noticed that Ivetta's clothes were torn and disheveled. She looked shocked.
"Did they do it to you?" she said angrily.

Ivetta shook her head.
"No, they saved me and now they are chasing the rebels."

Rose turned her eyes back to the two Asteria troops that already vanished from her sight.
"Why are they here? Does all of this have to do with Ilex?"

Ivetta noticed Rose's suspicious expression then she pretended to cry.
"If they didn't save me... Maybe now I've..."

She returned her gaze to Ivetta and hugged her to calm her down.
"Calm down they are gone." then she released her arms and wiped the tears from Ivetta's face.
"Let's go back, everyone has gathered in the lobby." she said as she led her towards the lobby. Which was answered with a nod from Ivetta.

Rose glanced at the direction of the two Asterian troops left before returning to the lobby.
"Why do I have bad feeling with those two?"

While a slight evil smile was seen on Ivetta's lips.

"Everything is going according to plan."

17