First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 44. Charge!
895 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, as soon as the western gate exploded, the rebel leader who was above the town wall immediately jumped down to avoid the explosion impact. General Ferand whistled wildly, his horse rushed forwards to him. He grasped the reins and jumped to the back of his horse.

"Charge!" he commanded as he pulled out his sword and moved forward.

He and His troops stormed into the town, they were greeted by the rebels who were ready to shoot them with their arrows.
"Attack them!" ordered the leader.

Dozens of arrows flew towards his troops.

General Ferand raised his clenched fist, ordered his troops to stop.
"Barrier!" he commanded.

In an instant the light came out from the direction of the magic users who were ready to cast their spells from the back line of his troops, forming an invisible barrier in front of them blocking all the arrows. With his experience of leading battles for years as a General, he was able to predict this. That's why he had ordered the magic users to prepare the 'magic barrier' once the gate exploded.

The arrows bounced once they touched the protective wall in front of them. He raised his two fingers ordered the archers to get ready. Some rebels immediately stepped aside as soon as they saw it, as if they understood military gestures very well, then General Ferand waved his two fingers forward, the 'magic barrier' in front of him disappeared replaced by arrows from his troops that flew towards the rebels.

It's not long before the rebels before him began to fall, while some of them tried to escape.
"Swordsmen Charge!" General Ferand ordered again.

The archers stopped their attack replaced by swordsmen who stormed towards the remaining rebels. Within minutes all the rebels were defeated, General Ferand and his troops quickly spurred their horses, advancing towards the middle of the town. The town conditions is so quiet that there were no signs of other enemies. He looked the surroundings while keep to move forward.

"This is weird ..."

He raised his three fingers asking the magic users to get ready with the 'magic barrier'. As they passed the Town Square, what he was worried about came true, arrows flew towards from the buildings around them and succeeded in killing several of his troops.
"Barrier!" General Ferand commanded as he brushed aside the arrows trying to reach him with his sword.

A protective wall reappeared around them and protected them from the arrows. Suddenly the rebels stormed towards them from all directions, while the arrows were still being fired to them.
"It's a trap!"
"Spread out! Avoid open area!" he ordered.

Their protective walls disappeared and they immediately spread out to all directions avoiding open spaces at the square. The battle was inevitable, the town condition turned chaotic, the sound of swords clashing mixed with screams of pain could be heard everywhere. General Ferand continued to swing his sword to kill the enemy in front of him. But soon, a small explosion could be heard from Ironwall City direction.

-BUM! Treek-- Treek-- Treek!

General Ferand turned his gaze towards the explosion, the magic fireworks symbolized the lion's head crest of Asteria visible at the sky then turned his attention back to the battlefield and swinging his sword again to kill the enemy before him.
"An attacking sign from the kingdom of Asteria?"

Shortly, several Asterian troops joined them, in just a matter of minutes the number of the rebels was rapidly decreasing as if being replaced by Asterian troops who coming to join his troops one by one.

After all the rebels were defeated he got down from his horse and approached one of an Asterian troops nearby.
"What is the purpose of all this? Why are you here?" he asked without further ado.

The Asterian troops placed his right fist on his chest to greet him.
"General, we are Asterian elite troops who were assigned by Prince Ilex to help you to deal with the rebels at Slyhelm Town."

General Ferand placed his right fist on his chest to reply his greetings.

"Why did Asteria interfere in Zephyrus's internal problems?"

"How did you get in?"

"We were already in this town before the revolt occurred, but we could not do anything before getting orders. Therefore we can only hide to avoid the rebels."

General Ferand was just about to open his mouth to ask again, since their appearance was really strange and too coincidental. But another Asterian troops approached them and placed his right fist on his chest.
"General, we think the rebels are imprisoned the hostages at the Town Hall. We better quickly rescue them before the rebels use them to threaten us."

"He's right, rescuing the hostages is our main priority now."
General Ferand whistled to call his horse and jumped to its back.
"We are moving towards the Town Hall!" he ordered while kicking his horse side to move forward followed by his troops.

*

*

*

Rose walked to the Lobby with Ivetta who followed her from behind. Just as he turned at the end of the corridor suddenly several rebels stormed at her, she swiftly took out her whip and attacked them, while Ivetta backed away as she stared at the rebels in annoyance.
"Stupid! Didn't I tell them retreat once they see the fireworks signal ! These fools are hard to manage!" thought Ivetta.

Rose throws her poison knife, killing the last enemy before her. She sighed and turned her gaze to Ivetta.
"Let's go." she said as she returned the whip to her belt.

Ivetta nodded and followed her from behind, but they only walked a few steps when an enemy took Rose's poison knife which was stuck on his friend body and then threw it at her.
"Watch out!" screamed Ivetta.

Rose turned around but she was too late to realize the attack. Suddenly a dark haired man wearing Asteria's white military uniform lunged in from behind and brushed the knife off. She paused as she looked at the back of the man who protected her, her heart began to pound, her mind began to drifted away remembering a prince of Asteria who had saved her five years ago.
"Angel..." she murmured involuntarily.

She immediately pulled his hand and the man turned towards her, but she was disappointed when she saw his face clearly.
"Your Highness, is there something you need?" he asked with confused look.

She immediately released her hand.
"No..." she said, disappointment seeping in her tone.
"What am I thinking? He's dead..."

The rebels who had attacked him slowly retreated and tried to escape, the Asterian troop were just about to move after him but Rose immediately threw the blade of her whip at the rebel, killing him instantly. The Asterian troop went silent staring at the rebel body fell lifeless before him.

"Thank you for saving me, sir." she said then she walked towards the lobby followed by Ivetta from behind.

He turned his gaze to Rose and bowed.
"It's my duty, Your Highness."

Rose sighed in annoyance without stopping her steps.
"He even answered with the same words as him." she unconsciously clutched at her chest, even though five years have passed but her heart always aches every time she thinks about him.

"Angelus Raizel..."

15