First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 45. Secret Agreement
892 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's already an hour since Ilex fired the signal. Currently Ilex and King Eudon are in the main hall, waiting for the news from Slyhelm Town. He glanced at King Eudon who was sitting on his throne, although his face looked calm but his fingers kept tapping to the hands of his chair, indicating that he was actually very worried. Shortly there was a knock from the window.

- Tuk - Tuk - Tuk

A red cardinal bird was seen knocking on one of the windows. A guard approached the window and opened it. The bird flew into the room, King Eudon extended his hand as a place where the bird could land. As soon as the bird landed on his hand, it turned into a red light then shattered into pieces, a message came into his head.
'Slyhelm Town has been retaken and the princess is safe.'

King Eudon breathes a sigh of relief.
"Deliver my order to send reinforcements to Slyhelm Town." he ordered one of the guards.

"Yes, Your Majesty." then the guard bowed and carried out his orders.

King Eudon returned his gaze to Ilex who stood before him.
"He kept his promise, I hope my decision to give the Heart Family's secret poison to him is right."
"Prince Ilex, since you have kept your promise I also keep mine. We will complete this agreement in one condition, I don't want Zephyrus involved with this war and also I hope Asteria will be fully responsible for protecting Zephyrus from your war impact. "

"Your Majesty, I can guarantee with my honor as a royal family that they will not know Zephyrus is involved in this matter. But if you also ask to protect Zephyrus ... I hope you can also help us more."

Hearing Ilex's request, actually King Eudon was a little annoyed, but because Ilex had helped him to save Rose, so he reconsidering his request.

"I have promised to give him the Heart Family's secret poison, I can't let Asteria lose this war. I can't help but have to risk everything for Asteria's victory, other than that I can use this opportunity to strengthen my relationship with Asteria so maybe they can help me deal with this rebellion problem. "

"I will give another poison to help you attack them, in return I hope Asteria also protects Zephyrus from this war impact."

A smile started to appear on Ilex's lips after he heard King Eudon's words.
" Your Majesty, I, representing the kingdom of Asteria, truly thank you for your help." he said as he bowed deeply.

"Alright, I'll deliver the poison to you." King Eudon replied, then he turned his gaze to a nearby guard.
"Take Prince Ilex to the parlor Room."

The guard bowed and gestured to Ilex to follow him.

"I hope I didn't make the wrong decision." King Eudon thought as he looked at Ilex out of the main hall.

*

*

*

King Eudon entered the parlor room followed by his aide,  Ilex who was waiting on the sofa swiftly stood up and bowed. His aide put down a tray containing a tightly sealed leather bag and several bottles, then King Eudon gave him a gesture to leave the room. He and the other guards gave a quick bow before exiting the room.
"This is the poison I promised." said King Eudon.

Ilex took the bag containing the powder and was just about to open the poison bag to examine it.

"I wouldn't open it if it were you. That bag contains the Heart Family's secret poison, it's very easy to spread in the air." King Eudon added.

Ilex immediately put it back.
"Thank you for your warning." then he took the bottle next to the bag.
"How about this?"

"It's the poison that used on the Heart family weapon. One drop can be used to kill a hundred people." King Eudon explained.

Ilex's eyes widened after hearing his explanation.
"The Heart Family's poison is truly extraordinary. If they want to collaborate with Asteria then we cannot be defeated... After winning this war rather than killing them as Ivetta wants it would be better if I put them under Asteria's control."
Ilex bowed deeply.
"Your Majesty, I represent the kingdom of Asteria, truly thanking you for your help."

King Eudon sighed.
"Keep today's agreement a secret from everyone, including Rose."

"Yes, Your Majesty." replied Ilex.

20