First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 46. Mission Accomplished
876 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The revolt in Slyhelm Town ended, General Ferand ordered one of the magic users to send a 'magic messager' to King Eudon to send the news about Slyhelm Town and Princess Rose. The hostages returned to their homes while Rose took Ivetta back to her residence. While the Zephyrus troops helped the residents clear up the remnants of the battle while checking the town to make sure it was safe, they also closed the western gate temporarily for repairs.

After reinforcements from the castle arrived to secure the town, Rose, General Ferand and the Zephyrus elite troops returned to Scarlet Stone Castle, while Asterian troops remained there since without orders from Ilex they could not leave the town.

As soon as Rose arrived at the Scarlet Stone Castle courtyard, she took a deep breath trying to calm herself, she knew her punishment awaited.

"I will be locked up in the castle for a month and have to take another poetry lesson. I will die of boredom..."

She glanced at the entrance to Scarlet Stone Castle and saw King Eudon standing in front of the castle entrance while having friendly chat with Ilex. She bit her lips in worry when she saw them.
"I will accept any punishment as long as he won't force me to get married."

As soon as she got off her horse, she immediately approached King Eudon and bowed.
"Uncle, I'm have returned." she said, she was prepared to accept her sentence or her uncle nagging but she was wrong, instead her uncle gave her a few pats on her shoulders and looked at her gently.
"Rose, I'm glad you have returned safely."

She responded with an innocent smile.
"Forgive me to make you worry. I promise I won't do it again ..." she said regretfully.
"He's not angry? Is he really marry me off to Ilex?"

Ilex looked at her softly.
"Princess Rose, I'm glad you can return safely." he said with a smile.

Rose bowed to express her gratitude.
"Prince Ilex, thank you for your troops assistance at Slyhelm Town."

"I'm happy as long as you safe." Ilex answered, then he turned his gaze to King Eudon.
"Your Majesty, since Slyhelm Town has been retaken. I have to return to regroup with my troops."

"Alright, be careful during your trip." King Eudon replied.

Ilex bowed to say goodbye.
"Thank you, Your Majesty. I'll excuse myself." then he turned his gaze to Rose and smiled again.
"Princess Rose, I hope we'll meet again."

Rose answered with a slight nod.

Ilex took the reins of his horse from a guard, rode it  and nodded while smiling at King Eudon before moving towards the castle gates. Which was replied with a nod and smile from King Eudon.

Rose looked at Ilex and then looked away at King Eudon.

"What exactly happened between them while I was gone?"

*

*

*

A few hundred meters after Ilex passed the Ironwall City gate, several archers and magic users that were assigned to kill the guards who picked up Rose and destroyed the 'magic messager' sent by King Eudon immediately came out of the forest with their horses, following Ilex towards the Slyhelm Town to regroup.
Ilex turned his gaze to the nearby magic user.
"Tell my father that we have succeeded in getting the poison and will return to Asteria soon."

The magic user nodded and held out his hand, the yellow light from his hand slowly formed a yellow dove that immediately flew carrying a message to King Gervis. 

16