First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 47. All Preparation is Completed
876 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

King Gervis was waiting for the preparation report from his general and Ilex's arrival at the Golden Light Castle's main hall. He had received the news from Ilex's 'magic messager' a few days ago about how Ilex had managed to get the poison from King Eudon. He should arrive at the Eternal Harmony City today.

"Overthrowing the previous King of Euphorion, building many trading cities to weaken Asteria economically, then forming many troops. His revenge plan is really perfect. Although he didn't say the purpose why he did all that, why would he go that far for a foreign kingdom? Why would he fight so hard to take the throne of Euphorion if it wasn't for revenge? Angelus Raizel, you're really cunning! "

General Helias entered the main hall and bowed to him.
"Your Majesty, our preparations are complete. Supplies have been sent to our southern border post and most of our troops are also already there. We're waiting for your orders."

"Good, we only need to wait for Ilex, so this attack plan can be carried out immediately."

It's not before long Ilex entered the main hall and bowed.
"Father, I have returned."

King Gervis looked at him proudly, satisfied with his work results.
"Ilex, I'm really proud of you!" he said with a smile.

"Thank you, father." Ilex replied.

King Gervis turned his gaze to General Helias and Ilex in turn.
"Since we have gathered here, I will discuss our attack plan."

"I suggest how about one more week? A day after new year." said Ilex.

King Gervis frowned in confusion at him.
"Why do we have to wait that long? Isn't it faster better? If we wait too long this plan will fail."

"I have a good reason for this." Ilex replied, then he took a glance at General Helias.
"But I can't tell you here."

"Leave us." King Gervis ordered all the guards there.

They bowed to him and came out of the main hall including General Helias.

Once the door closed, King Gervis spoke again.
"Tell me your reason." he demanded.

Ilex took a powder bag from his blazer and showed it to King Gervis.
"This is the Heart Family's secret poison, King Eudon gave it to me to help us."

King Gervis's eyes widened in surprise he even leaned forward then laughed happily.
"You were even able to convince him to give it? This is really incredible!"

Ilex smiled proudly.
"Father, you praise me too much. He said that this poison is very strong and easily spread in the air so I'm thinking about using this poison."

King Gervis paused for a moment as he thought hard, before he continued speaking.
"If the poison is that strong, we better put it at Luminus City, so we can destroy him without war. But the capital inspection is very strict, If we get caught, he's the one who will use this poison on us."

"It's too risky to bring this poison to the capital, but we can use them as a diversion." said Ilex confidently.

King Gervis frowned at him and tilted his head slightly, tried to guess what Ilex meant.
"Do you mean..."

Ilex smiled evilly.
"Yes ... We can use it at Pearl Gate City, the largest trading city on the Andromeda Continent. The inspection is not as strict as Luminus City and aside from being a diversion, Euphorion will also suffer huge economic losses if the city is destroyed."

An evil smile also appeared on King Gervis's lips.
"You are amazing! You truly deserve to be the King of Asteria!" he said excitedly.

"Thank you, father. I have also found a way to spread it, which is why I suggested the attack be carried out on the day after the new year, after they withdrew their northern border forces to take care of the city."

"Tell me. " King Gervis said eagerly.

"I heard every New Year's Eve, Pearl Gate City always celebrates it with fireworks in the middle of the city square."

Soon, another evil smile reappeared on their lips.

King Gervis leaned his back on his chair casually after he was sure he would win this battle easily thanks to Ilex's idea.
"Call General Helias here to discuss this attack plan with me. We will turn their New Year's Celebration Party into a feast of death." he ordered.

Ilex bowed to him.
"Yes, father."

23