First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 48. Dark Agents Report
893 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, at the White Moon Castle, Euphorion. Angel sat on the parlor sofa in annoyance but he still maintained his cool. Lady Ryia sat beside him while cutting a piece of pie for him. This is his fifth meeting today with the woman from the Queen candidates list that Chancellor Allan gave him. All the women were only given five to ten minutes but in fact, each meeting took almost half an hour. To make it worse they all brought cakes or sweets for him but it's not only one or two instead they brought a lot of it until filled the whole table.

"I don't understand why they all always bring sweets like this? Is this also a rumor that's spreading in Luminus City?"

Angel always limits himself when eating sweet foods, he only eats it occasionally as a tea snack but usually Cley is the one who finished it. But now, after one week they give him all of this, he doesn't even want to see a cake or sweets for at least a month!

Lady Ryia gave him a plate of Crown Egg & Coconut Pie.
"Your Majesty, I made this pie especially for you."

Angel sighed secretly. He already heard these words so many times, that the cakes were handmade and that he had to taste them. If he refused, they would only ask him to taste a little bit of each, just to find out whether he likes them or not. In the end, he couldn't refuse to taste them. He took the plate.
"Thank you."

He looked at the pie on his hand without expression, his stomach churning, but he still forced his hand to take a small fork next to the plate and cut off the tip of the pie to taste it a little.

"How does it taste? Do you like it?" asked Lady Ryia curiously.

"It's delicious," he answered. He couldn't remember how many cakes he tasted today. Twenty? Thirty? His tongue could no longer distinguish between sweetness. He couldn't even distinguish a difference between the cakes, they all tasted the same to him.
"Do I need to make forcing the king to eat cakes illegal? And make the sentence as same as the one of attempted murder. " 

Lady Ryia was about to say something but Angel already knew what she was going to say. 'If it's so delicious you have to eat some more.' So he immediately interrupted her.
"I have no appetite right now. What if I bring these cakes to my study?" he added swiftly.

Lady Ryia looked disappointed because it means that he wanted to return to the study room, but then she smiled. She realized the time planned was only five to ten minutes but he had accompanied her for almost thirty minutes. He also patiently tried every cake she gave him and kept chatting even though he looked bored. His attitude was warm and polite but also cold and distant, these two sides of him made many women attracted to him.
"Alright. Then I'll take my leave," she said as she stood up then she bowed and left, which he replied with slight nod.

"I'll give all of this to Cley, I don't want to see it again."
After she left, he turned his gaze to the servants.
"Deliver these cakes to my study and tell Sarah she doesn't need to make me sweet food for a month." then he stood up and walked toward the exit.

*

*

*

Once he entered his study, Cley immediately approached him with a cheerful expression.
"Congratulations, Your Majesty, that was your last meeting today." he said while walking beside him.

Angel sighed tiredly.
"How many more?"

Cley checked the schedule on his hand.
"About thirty more."

"Thirty... Can't I give them weapons of their choice and put them in a Battle Royale competition? I'm going to marry whoever wins. After all, getting married or not, makes no difference for me. I just have to share my bed with them."
But he immediately dispelled his crazy thoughts, he let out another tired sigh as he sat at his desk.
"What about the preparation for next week's new year's party?" he asked.

"All preparations have been completed, the invitation has also been distributed, " Cley answered.

"Good." he said briefly as he checked the list of military leaders that given by Chancellor Allan a few days ago.

Soon, a knocking came. Claire entered the room and bowed.
"Your Majesty, General Frost and Gale request to see you."

"Let them in."

As Claire opened the door for them, Frost and Gale entered the room. Frost bowed to him while Gale approached the large table filled with cakes next to the desk and swept his gaze on the table with a cheerful expression.
"Woah! Are all these cakes brought by the women to his majesty?" then he turned his gaze to Cley.
"Looks like our plan is really worked! We're going to have a cake party tonight!" he blurted out in excitement but he quickly covered his mouth as he forgot Angel was in the room.

Cley's face turned pale when he heard Gale's words.

Gale and Cley turned their gaze slowly to Angel who was sitting at his desk with a scared expression, the atmosphere around him looked frightening even though there was no dark aura enveloping him, his eyes staring intently at the two of them.
"Explain to me what all this means."

"Th-these are all General Gale's ideas ... He forced me to do it..." said Cley as he pointed at Gale.

Gale turned his gaze to Cley.
"Didn't you say you did it voluntarily." he said defensively

"Are you telling them that I like sweet food so they bring it here?" he guessed, his eyes still staring sharply at them.

They both just looked down in guilty.

He sighed in annoyance, it felt like he was taking care of two bad kids.
"Cley, tell the women I won't meet them if they still bring cakes to the castle."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Cley answered without raising his head. He had just felt happy because he was not punished but then Angel added again.
"Also, you must make a copy of Euphorion Kingdom history books, hand it to me next month."

Cley immediately raised his head and gave him a pleading look, but Angel's expression didn't change, so he bowed his head again.
"Yes, Your Majesty."

He turned his gaze to Gale.
"Gale, you are not allowed to eat sweet food for a year." he said.

Gale turned his gaze to him.
"But ... But ... That cake ..."

"This is an order." he added.

Gale sighed and bowed with a sad face. Once the master said this was an order, elemental spirit could not disobey him.
"Your Majesty, you're so cruel ..." he muttered irritably.

Angel let out another sigh before turning his gaze to Claire.
"Claire, ask Sarah to take care of the cakes."

"Yes, Your Majesty, " then Claire bowed and came out of the room to carry out his orders.

He turned his gaze back to Cley and Gale.
"You two, move all these cakes to the kitchen, " he said in an annoyance tone.

"Yes, Your Majesty." they answered with a sad face, then they began to move all the cakes out of the room.

He finally turned his gaze to Frost.
"Do you have anything to report to me?"

"Your Majesty, I just got the news from 'Dark Agents' that there are strange movements in Asteria."

He leaned forward as his expression turned serious.
"Tell me more."

"They were seen to tighten their guard, especially at their southern border. But there wasn't any notice about it, there was no declaration of war either and they were only told that the troops were sent to clear up their south area which was always in trouble with monsters." Frost answered.

He paused as he deep in thought.
"Asteria's South area has always been a problem, did King Gervis want to deal with it now? No... It's better to be careful."
"Frost, give my order to tighten Northern trade  routes inspection and add more troops at our North outpost. If there are another strange movements, report to me." he ordered.

"Yes, Your Majesty." Frost replied, then he bowed and walked out of the room.

He leaned his back on his chair.

"I hope everything's fine."

22