Second Arc (His Art of War) – 83. Assassination
485 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 83. Assassination 
Meanwhile Rose, King Eudon, King Esteve and Queen Thea had their dinner in the guest room. Under these circumstances, they couldn't trust anyone to look after Artheur so they decided to do everything in the room. Moreover, Angel hadn't said anything about the rebels, nor had given any news about the castle and the city's current state.
After they finished their meal, King Eudon put his glass down and indicated for the servants to get the empty plates and utensils away. It didn't take long for them to tidy up the place.
"I think this will be my last dinner with you," Rose said with a sad face. Early in tomorrow morning, she had to leave for Euphorion. She wasn't even sure she could have a chance to have her breakfast with them.
While King Eudon, King Esteve and Queen Thea could only be silent.
“Make sure you bring everything you need,” said King Eudon as soon as he could make his voice. His sadness seeped into the tone of his voice.
Rose smiled wryly.
"Did you forget 'he' didn't let me bring anything?"
King Eudon fell silent as he just remembered Angel's order in the hall that Rose could not bring anything from Zephyrus.
Rose lowered her head over her sadness, her heart ached. After her departure, she may not be able to return to Zephyrus again. Even though this situation wasn't much different if she was engaged to Artheur but at least if she was with Artheur she could be more free to ask to come back to visit her uncle. As for Angel ... She was just a political prisoner. What could she ask for?
As Rose could not hold back her sadness anymore, she got up from her seat.
"I will check on Artheur's condition." She turned and walked towards Artheur to cover her tears that trickled down her cheeks.
Rose went over and examined Artheur. Whereas rather than sadness, King Eudon thought differently. In this chaotic state, he felt relieved that Angel brought Rose away from Zephyrus. The rebels everywhere, even the intruders managed to disguise themselves as some people near them and were also aimed for his and Rose's life, not to mention the nobles quarrels later. Right now, there was nothing better than 'hiding' Rose in the enemy's territory. But of course, he didn't plan on giving Rose completely to the enemy and letting her end up as a political prisoner for the rest of her life.
Even with the agreement and Zephyrus' current state, he didn't have any power to fight Angel. An idea had crossed his mind since he saw Angel was a reasonable person. At least he wanted to try to negotiate with him and offer a deal. But he needed to stabilize Zephyrus's state before doing so.
"Your Highness, tomorrow we have to leave early in the morning. It's better for you to take a rest early," Flare's voice interrupted their thoughts.
"Very well," said Rose with a heavy heart. She knew Angel's orders were after she finished treating Artheur she should return to her room immediately. But somehow Angel let her stay with her uncle to have dinner together for one last time. Rose turned to her uncle, King Esteve and Queen Thea and bowed.
"Have a good rest, Your Majesty."
They responded with slight nods.
Rose turned and walked out of the room accompanied by Flare through the corridor. Her eyes stared at dark Ironwall City's sky from the windows that lined the side of the corridor. As she walked, she noticed a room that heavily guarded on the other side. She was sure it was the room where Angel would stay tonight. But she wanted to confirm one thing.
"General Flare, may I ask you? Has His Majesty rested in his room?" she said without stopping her steps. But even so, she slowed down her steps as her eyes continued to glance toward the room.
"Not yet, His Majesty is still busy. If you have an urgent message for him, just tell me," Flare replied. Her eyes had been watching Rose ever since she felt strange about her question. Why did she suddenly care about Angel?
Feeling Flare becoming suspicious of her, Rose replied.
"No, I'm just a little curious about him. I didn't know he is a hard worker," said Rose with a smirk on her face. An idea crossed her head.
A few moments later, they arrived in front of her chamber.
"Thank you for escorting me, General Flare. I'm really tired today so I'm going to sleep soon."
"I'll place some guards to ensure your safety. Tomorrow morning, I will return to take you to Euphorion," said Flare. Then she bowed and left.
As soon as Flare left, Rose entered her chamber with a determined look in her eyes. Her feet stepped toward a box where she kept her whip. She took the box and opened it. Her eyes stared at the whip inside the box.
"Looks like our struggle is not over yet. Zephyrus still needs me and I need you," she whispered.
She knew Angel had helped her and her uncle from intruders in her castle, as well as helping to handle them. But he was still her enemy. He was the king of the enemy kingdom who had taken over Zephyrus from her family and the only way to free her kingdom was to kill him.
Without wasting time, she changed her dress to her blazer, took her whip and tucked some poisoned knives on her belt. She turned a flower vase on a small table. Soon, the painting next to it shifted and showed a secret passage that connected to the heavily guarded room. She stared at the dark passage ahead of her, her hands clenched in determination.
'Angel, don't blame me. You are the one who gave me this opportunity and I won't waste it. ' But despite this was a good opportunity, she only had one chance, because if she failed, then her death sentence was waiting for her. It was all clearly written in the agreement that King Eudon had previously signed.
She carefully went inside and down a dark passage. At the end of it, she peered through a gap to check on the situation.
'There were no guards or servants in it, so he will be alone tonight. I just need to wait for him. '
 
11