Second Arc (His Art of War) – 44. Rebellion And Bait
666 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The sky above Eternal Harmony City darkened. Like the previous days, Angel was still sitting at the desk in his room at Golden Light Castle. His hand was still holding some documents and his eyes moved to examine it.
In a few days, he will return to Euphorion, even though he has entrusted Asteria to Gaia but he wants to make sure everything goes well. A knocking sound distracted him.
"Your Majesty, may I have an audience with you?"
"Come in, Frost," he answered.
Frost entered the room and bowed to him.
"What brings you to see me?" he said as he averted his eyes to him.
"Your Majesty, I just got important news from 'Dark Agent'. The rebels are ready to attack us."
Angel exhaled, even though he had tried to show his closeness to King Gervis but the rebellion was unavoidable. Dissatisfaction with authority changes will remain.
"Where are they now?"
"Some of them are still outside, but some of them are already in the city."
He frowned.
"They have infiltrated?" he asked in a tone of disbelief.
"No, some of them have been here from the start."
He paused for a moment as he sank into his thoughts.
"It would be great if I could destroy them all at once. Also I had to solve this problem secretly, the merchants' conveyance had not been completed. If they heard there was a rebellion, I was afraid they would cancel the contract," he thought.
"Then let them in."
"You will let them in?" said Frost in confusion.
"Yes, also announcing my return one day earlier than Gaia's arrival and lowered the castle's guard after my departure," he said again.
Hearing his words, Frost was sure he was up to something.
"Your Majesty, what are your plans?"
He smirked.
"They want an opportunity, then I'll give it to them. But of course, they will pay it with a very high price."

*

*

*


Several days had passed, the morning sun above Eternal Harmony City shone brightly. Angel, Frost and Flare are already at the entrance of the castle preparing to return to Euphorion. King Gervis, Ilex and Ophelia were also there.
"May you have a safe trip," said King Gervis. Ilex who was standing behind him was silent with a displeased expression, while Ophelia only stared at him deeply. Her eyes are filled with emotions that can't be described in words.
"Thank you, King Gervis. Take care of your health," he said, giving him a slight nod.
He was just about to turn around, but Ophelia called out to him.
"Your Majesty." She approached him and gave him something.
"I hope Your Majesty will accept it as a parting gift from me."
He realized it was his handkerchief, but for ethical reasons he accepted it.
"Thank you. I'll take good care of it," he said as he put it in his blazer pocket.
"I will take my leave," he said again.
Ophelia gave him a slight bow as he turned and got on his horse. He turned the reins around his hand and kicked beside his horse to move forward. Frost, Flare and his troops followed him from behind.
Ophelia was silent while watching him away from her view. Her mind wandered at the last meeting with him when he was trying to convince her he was her cousin. Although only for a moment, she caught a look of sadness and disappointment in his eyes. At that moment she realized, maybe what he said was true, that he was the real Angelus Raizel.
But strangely her feelings are not happy with the fact, instead, she is happier if he is not her missing cousin. Because if he is truly her cousin then her love can never be requited.
"Even though you really are my cousin. Even if you don't want me ... But this feeling is mine. Therefore let me love you in silence."

*

*

*


A few minutes after Angel and his troops left the Eternal Harmony City gate. Frost took his horse closer to his side.
"Are the preparations done?" he asked.
"Everything is according to plan, Your Majesty," Frost replied.
"All right, the bait has been placed. We are just waiting for them to take it."
 
17