Second Arc (His Art of War) – 58. Dragon Shield Town is Under Attack
574 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 58. Dragon Shield Town is Under Attack 
Meanwhile, an hour before Dragon Cross City fell.
The night in Dragon Shield Town seemed quiet. The Draconis troops stand guard along the town wall with alacrity. Today, the king has departed for Zephyrus, therefore General Cody, the general in charge has ordered to guard the town tighter than usual.
But that is only on the surface, in the forest, the Euphorion army was ready to attack them. Their eyes watched every sign and movement from the town's wall. Gale aide's sweat began to appear on his forehead while his eyes continued to look towards the town, waiting for a signal from his General. His face looked tense since Gale had gone in almost half an hour ago but there still wasn't any sign from him. His anxiety was not because he was afraid that something had happened to Gale, because based on Gale's ability to mess up Asteria's Outpost a month ago, it was almost impossible if something happened to him. Actually, he was more afraid of Gale destroying the king's plan by making trouble there. Gale aide's heart is beating harder and harder as the minutes pass by.
'I can only hope General Gale doesn't make any mistake this time.'

*

*

*


Gale shot his arrow at his last enemy's neck in one of the towers in Dragon Shield Town. The enemy's body fell to the floor without making any sound. He had ordered his troops to prepare in the forest to wait for his signal while he infiltrated to open the gate for them. His aide had offered to help him or at least bring some troops to come with him but he refused and ordered them to hide near the gate. For him, an infiltration is easier when he does it alone. 
Even though he used the same method but this time infiltration was not as easy as when he did it at the Asteria's Outpost since this place is bigger, their guard is also tighter. 
Gale descended the stairs slowly, his eyes watching the surroundings and sharpening his ears to catch all the suspicious noises.
'Why is this place so big? How annoying! ' he grumbled silently.
Once he reached the bottom of the tower, his eyes were fixed on the iron handle near the gate. Several troops were on guard around it. Gale paid attention to the surroundings especially the watchtowers and the walls. Although he had taken care of the troops who were guarding the area and hid their corpse, he remained cautious, since His Majesty had emphasised that this was an ambush.
Feeling safe enough, Gale aimed his bow, his hand forming several arrows. The arrows flew towards the guards and killed them at once.
'Wooohooo! One shot! I'm really cool! '
He casted 'Accelerate' on his feet and ran to the iron handle to open the gate as he ducked down to avoid the remaining guards' attention around him. His hands returned his bow to his back and gripped the handle.
"Ngggghhhhh!" he grunted when he tried to turn the handle with all his might but it didn't move at all. After a while, he released his hand and breathed heavily.
'Dammit! I should have brought some people with me! ' His eyes moved around the area to make sure it was still safe.
His hand returned to the handle and he turned it with all his might once more.
-Krrrkk ... Krrkk ... Krrkk ...
Slowly the sound of the gate opening could be heard, but the gate was far from being able to be passed. Gale's sweat poured down as he exerted all of his strength to turn the handle.
'Arghhhhh! Next time I should bring some people with me! '
As soon as the gate opened, several Euphorion troops that were hiding near the gate crept in through the narrow gap and immediately approached Gale who was still trying hard to open the gate.
-KRRRKKK --- KRRRKKK ---- KRRRKKKK ...
With more people, the gates opened faster and faster.
As soon as the aide saw the gate was wide open without causing any commotion, his anxiety disappeared and he quickly gave his order.
"Charge!"
The Euphorion troops that hid in the forest immediately spurred their horse into the Dragon Shield Town. Gale grasped the reins and jumped to the back of his horse as his aide brought it to him.
"Now, it's time to have fun!" He turned his gaze to his aide.
"Lead some of them to spread out!" Then he returned his gaze to the front.
"The rest come with me!" he said excitedly. His aide and half of his troops followed his order and took care of the Draconis troops who were still not ready in the buildings around them while Gale spurred his horse to the main headquarters.
Hearing the clattering noise, the other guards just realized that they were attacked.
"Report it to General Cody now!" said one of the guards, while one of them left immediately. The guards in the tower were about to ring the emergency bell but suddenly an arrow pierced their chest.
"Yeaaahhh!" Gale shouted, lowering his bow in his hand.
The Draconis archers lined up neatly on the main headquarters' balcony and aimed their bows at the Euphorion's army. While after seeing them, Gale gave his order again.
"Spread out!"
The Euphorion army spread out with the formation of a magic-user, an archer and a swordsman for each team, utilizing the surrounding buildings to hide as they advanced towards the main headquarters while the Draconis troops' arrows flew towards them.
-Trang!
Every arrow that nearly hit the Euphorion army was bounced off by the 'magic barrier' but only for a moment the 'magic barrier' disappeared and was replaced by an arrow that flew from them towards the Draconis' army.
Meanwhile, General Cody walked quickly to the balcony, both of his aides walking next to him. He didn't expect Dragon Shield Town to be attacked by Euphorion this fast since there was no news that their borders had been breached.
"Order the magic users to prepare 'explosion spells' to attack them in the courtyard!" he ordered one of his aides. Then he turned to the other one.
"Fire the emergency signal to inform our situation to Dragon Cross City!"
"Yes, General!" answered both of them, then they immediately carried out his orders.
General Cody arrived at the balcony while some of the Euphorion's magic users had flowed their magic power into the magic formation parchment that had been placed in front of the gate, some of them cast magic barriers to protect them from Draconis archers' attacks. 
An arrow suddenly flew towards him, General Cody pulled out his mace and brushed it off. Then his eyes fixed on the origin of the arrow
'General Gale from Euphorion ?! I heard he had almost destroyed the Asteria's Outpost by himself. I thought it was just a figment but it turned out I was wrong. '
An explosion sound rang out.
-Boom!
Two red fire signals were fired into the sky signifying that Dragon Shield Town was being attacked while General Cody was just about to give his order. But suddenly another small explosion rang out.
-Boom!
One red fire signal was fired into the sky signifying that Dragon Cross City was also being attacked. General Cody's eyes widened in surprise.
'They also attacked Dragon Cross City ?!'
 
13