Second Arc (His Art of War) – 60. Letter of Agreement
752 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 60. Letter of Agreement
The morning sun that illuminated Dragon Cross City getting higher. Currently, the kingdom of Draconis' capital is under Euphorion's authority as well as its satellite city, Dragon Shield Town. Last night's battle remnants were still clearly visible in the two cities while all Draconis army's weapons had been confiscated by Euphorion.
The gates were closed and all Draconis' troops who guarded the city walls had been replaced by Euphorion's troops. The civilians are not allowed to leave their house for a while. Meanwhile, the nobles and military officials who were in the capital were arrested in their own house under strict guard.
The Blue Rock Castle's condition has been calm since sunrise, especially after Angel announced the Fallensoar Family's defeat. The servants were seen busy cleaning the Blue Rock Castle from the last night battle, especially cleaning the corpses who were lying in almost everywhere. While the Euphorion army stood guard in every corner of the castle.
Angel is in the castle's study room. He sat behind King Esteve's desk to examine the documents, especially searching for the letter of agreement between Draconis and Zephyrus. Before him Prince Curtis sat in a chair, his hands bound by a rope while Angel's dark aura also still bound his body. Beside him, two Euphorion troops pressed their swords across his neck. Queen Thea and Princess Tuvania were still lying unconsciously in the King's chamber, while Angel had ordered his troops to guard the room tightly.
He threw a pile of documents he had just examined from his hand, making them scattered on the floor.
- Bang!
Angel stood up from the chair and hit the desk in front of him in rage, his eyes staring sharply at Prince Curtis.
"Don't test my patience! Tell me where is the letter?! " he snapped. His patience was running out, he had been searching for it since the sun had not risen yet and still not found it. Prince Curtis remained silent, not wanting to open his voice at all. 
The letter was important for him to know what they were actually planning to do, especially to prove that Zephyrus was involved in this war. Although with the poison alone, it indicates the Heart Family's involvement, but he needs stronger written evidence.
"Hmph!" Prince Curtis snorted and smirked sarcastically in response.
"Even if you destroy this place you will not find it," he said defiantly. Prince Curtis knew the letter never existed since his father and King Eudon agreed to the engagement only through a 'magic messager'. 
Angel gritted his teeth, trying to hold back his anger. In Asteria, he also did not find the agreement regarding Zephyrus' involvement in the Pearl Gate City incident and now he also did not find any agreement between Zephyrus and Draconis. Whereas if he attacked Zephyrus without proof that they had conspired with Asteria and Draconis to take down Euphorion they would probably have accused him of having attacked Zephyrus without cause. But seeing Prince Curtis' confident attitude, he could only guess that the letter was carried by King Esteve or worse, the letter never existed in the first place. He took the conclusion based on King Esteve's personal letters that he found in that room that they often exchanged messages through the 'magic messager'.
Angel plopped back to the chair, his eyes still staring sharply at Prince Curtis. While Prince Curtis also looked at him with the same gaze.
'Tsk! The only way is to let them complete the engagement and attack them after they make a written agreement. '
But the eerie sight on New Year's Eve in Pearl Gate City crossed his mind. His mind reentered into consideration.
'No ... I have let the Heart Family free for too long. They already knew about Asteria's defeat and I was sure they were in a panic now, that's why they decided to make an alliance through engagement as fast as possible. Although I have been ordered to close the Western border, but if I don't make my move quickly, I am afraid they will spread another poison in another city. '
To be honest, since the Pearl Gate City incident, rather than worrying about Asteria's or any kingdom's military power, he was more concerned about the Heart Family's poison. Because if another royal family needs troops to conquer another kingdom, the Heart Family only needs their poison. He realized it and he knew he had to take Zephyrus down immediately. This is also one of the reasons why he leads the war without taking any rest. But he had not found any proof to make deceleration of war to Zephyrus. Asteria's attack on Euphorion was clear, although King Gervis had covered it up but he finally admitted it, even Angel had planned to use the attack budget documents that he found in King Gervis's study room if his uncle still did not want to admit it. While Draconis' evidence is clear from Ophelia and Prince Artheur's marriage agreement letter.
He took a deep breath, trying to swallow his anger and was silent as his mind sank into doubt, many questions remaining unanswered. Such as the rebellion that occurred in Zephyrus a few months ago that might have something to do with the agreement between Zephyrus and Asteria, but he can't find any information about it either.
' I will have to make King Eudon confess what he did and make him sign a confession letter ...'
But of course, it will not be easy, because making two kings on their knees and making them admit their mistakes is not easy. Even he had to kill all the remaining elite troops and used Ophelia as a hostage just to make King Gervis and Ilex admit their defeat.
He had planned to use the letter that he found in Asteria to make King Esteve surrender, but seeing the Fallensoar Family's stubbornness today seemed like it would not be enough.
'Then I have no choice but to use Queen Thea to make them surrender faster. Now only King Eudon is left ... If he doesn't want to surrender I will just take Princess Rose as a hostage or kill the entire Heart family. After all, their poison abilities are a big threat to Euphorion. '
A breath out of Angel's mouth and he stood up from the chair.
"Take him," he ordered.
Two Euphorion troops held Prince Curtis and pulled him, following Angel out of the room.
"Even if you torture me, I won't say anything," Prince Curtis said in a firm tone.
Angel smirked.
"I know, but I don't need the letter anymore. I need you for something else."
 
13