Second Arc (His Art of War) – 65. Two Opposite Sides Of A Coin.
499 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) Chapter 65. Two Opposite Sides Of A Coin.
They entered the castle, walked down the corridor to the dining hall. Once they arrived in front of the dining hall, two guards opened the door and bowed to them. Inside, a large dining table is neatly arranged along with the servants who were ready with their small cart on the other side of the room.
"Do you mind having breakfast with us?" asked King Eudon as he gestured to enter.
"With pleasure," King Esteve answered and he stepped into the hall.
They entered, the servants swiftly pulled the chairs for them. King Eudon waved a small bell before him, then a number of servants brought a small cart filled with good looking dishes. Soon a well-made food dish began to be placed before them one by one.
"How was your trip?" asked King Eudon, starting their conversation.
"Good, there are no obstacles at all, everything went smoothly."
"Glad to hear that." King Eudon actually paid a lot of attention to King Esteve and Artheur, he sent his best troops to secretly protect them from afar and clear their routes from bandits, rebels and monsters. He did this to ensure that Rose and Artheur's engagement went smoothly.
While King Esteve also knew that, but for ethical reasons, he did not say anything. Moreover, it showed King Eudon's good intentions to him.
"Princess Rose, we haven't seen each other in five years. How are you?" Artheur asked Rose, who sat opposite him.
"I'm fine. Thank you for your attention," Rose answered simply. Even though her body is here but her mind is not, she doesn't even try to continue her conversation with Artheur. Somehow she still wished she could get away from this, although she knew it was impossible. Even if someone appeared to take her away, she could not leave ... Because of her responsibility as a princess of Zephyrus.
Seeing Rose said nothing more, Artheur also fell silent. He realized, only he had shown interest in her from the beginning. And he could only guess that all of this had something to do with Asteria's downfall.
'It seems that the rumour about Princess Rose has fallen in love with Prince Ilex of Asteria is true. '
They spend the rest of the breakfast in silence. After they are finished, the servants clean up the empty plates and utensils away.
"I think your kingdom's security has improved," said King Esteve, putting the glass of water in his hand on the table.
King Eudon smiled at his compliment.
"Yes, rebellions have become less frequent in recent years but I still can't let my guard down. However, my kingdom is still inferior to Draconis who was always peaceful under your rule. "
King Esteve's smile also blossomed upon hearing his words.
"You praise me too much." But then he pointed to Rose and Artheur who were silent awkwardly with his eyes.
King Eudon understood his gesture and turned to Rose.
"Rose, this is Prince Arthur's first visit to Scarlet Stone Castle. Can you accompany him for a walk? " 
"Yes, uncle," Rose answered. 
"We will take our leave." Rose and Artheur stood up from their seats, bowed and walked toward the exit. Rose's knights were just about to follow both of them but King Eudon stopped them.
"Both of you stay here, I have another assignment for you," said King Eudon. They immediately stopped their steps.
While Prince Artheur's aides glanced at King Esteve and he responded to them with a slight 'no' head shake, which indicated that they also need to remain here. 
Artheur and Rose came out of the dining hall, walked down the corridor, through the rooms and the main hall which was currently full of servants who were busy decorating it for their engagement tomorrow. 
"Prince Artheur, do you want to add something for the decorations?" Rose asked.
Artheur threw his gaze around him, then glanced at Rose. Actually, he had always wanted to find an opportunity to talk to her but he had not found a suitable place because the castle was full of servants who were busy preparing for their engagement party. A place crossed his head.
"I don't think it's necessary. I'm sure His Majesty, King Eudon has arranged the best for us." He turned his gaze to Rose.
"I think I need some fresh air. Can you take me to the garden?" At times like this, servants usually pay less attention to that place.
"Please follow me."
Both of them walked to the garden that was located in the middle of the castle. Their feet stepped between neatly arranged plants and shady trees, while their mouths remained tightly closed.
"Rose ... Do you not want this engagement?" said Artheur suddenly as his feet stopped.
Rose's steps also stopped and she turned to Artheur.
"Of course I want it," she said, forcing herself to smile. She also realized Artheur only called her name, which signalled his wish to get closer to her.
Despite her answer, Artheur knew that Rose was actually lying. Even though he knew this engagement couldn't be cancelled, at least he wanted her to be honest with him. Finally, he tried his luck, in the hope that she will tell him the truth.
He walked closer, his lips approached Rose slowly. Once she realized Artheur was trying to kiss her, she pushed him away in reflex.
"Why? Didn't you say you want this engagement?" his voice sounded calm despite Rose's rejection.
"Please give me more time," Rose said, looking down.
"Is there someone else in your heart?" Artheur guessed. 
Rose's mind returned to the man who had died five years ago. Somehow she still could not forget him.
Seeing she fall silent, Artheur spoke again.
"Is that person Prince Ilex of Asteria?" he asked bluntly.
"Where did you hear that from?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and there was a trace of displeasure on her face.
From Rose's reaction, Artheur realized that he had guessed wrong.
"It's just my guess. Forgive me if I'm wrong," he said quickly.
Realizing she lost her composure, Rose turned around, trying to hide her expression.
"That person is not Prince Ilex ... That person already died five years ago ..."
"Five Years Ago...?" Artheur muttered. Extraordinary news that happened at that time crossed his head, the second prince of Asteria's betrayal that led to his death.
"Is that person the late Prince Angelus?" he asked curiously.
Rose turned to Artheur.
"Yes, it's him."
Artheur sighed, five years ago he not only lost his chance to prove his ability better than Angel, but Angel had also taken Rose's heart, the only woman who could make him fall in love at first sight. But of course, he didn't give up that easily, after all, wasn't Angel dead?
"But he is dead now... Can you give me a chance?" he asked.
Rose looked at the future fiancée. His eyes gently gazed at her, a smile adorned his friendly face. He's very different from Angel who has sharp eyes and a cold face. They are like two opposite sides of a coin.
"Yes." Currently, she has no other choice, but learn to love Artheur.
11