Second Arc (His Art of War) – 72. His Kingdom Victory, His Loss
645 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 72. His Kingdom Victory, His Loss
Even though Angel heard Rose's muttering, he pretended not to hear it. He understood her hatred because they were enemies right now. He descended from the throne to approach Rose and extended his hand, slowly his dark aura that enveloping her returned to him.
"Flare, take her!" he ordered while his eyes still stuck on her. He couldn't entrust her safety to anyone other than Flare, Rose could fight and judge by her recklessness in Asteria five years ago, he could say her stubbornness was the same as Queen Thea's.
But before Flare answered him, Artheur interrupted.
"Wait! Rose Ambrosia Heart is my fiancé, you can't take her just like that!" shouted Artheur. His anger peaked, Angel had taken his kingdom, forced his father to sign a surrender letter and now he wants to take the woman he loves.
Angel turned his gaze to Artheur.
"With the unfinished ring exchange ceremony, you aren't engaged yet." He knew it was only Artheur's excuse to prevent him from taking her, after all, weren't they getting engaged politically out of fear of him? Now that their kingdoms had fallen into his hands, this engagement should be useless.
"But, my ring is already on her finger! So she is my fiancé!"
Since Artheur was concerned about the ring on her finger, he simply grabbed Rose's hand, took the ring and threw it.
"The ring is gone, she's not your fiancé anymore," he said simply.
"With a ring or not, she's still my fiancé!" Artheur insisted
He sighed in annoyance.
"Prince Artheur, what exactly do you want?" he asked straight to the point.
"In Draconis tradition, engagement can't be broken except through a duel. So, Angelus Raizel Moonfall, I, Artheur Rayner Fallensoar, challenge you for a duel!" said Artheur as he glared at Angel. This is his chance to settle his competition that was delayed five years ago and also prevents him from taking Rose away. Because once Rose went to Euphorion, he didn't know when he'll be able to see her again.
"We just fought earlier, was I not hitting you hard enough, so you dare challenge me again?" said Angel in a mocking tone. 
Artheur smirked.
"Are you afraid? I didn't know the King of Euphorion was actually just a coward!" He will make Angel accept this challenge.
"Prince Artheur, don't provoke me. You are not in a position to negotiate with me," he said sarcastically.
Seeing Artheur desperately preventing Angel from taking her, Rose looked at Artheur gently.
"Artheur, I'm fine. Don't neglect your safety for my sake." Rose knew Artheur is no match for Angel. Artheur could die if he duelled him.
"Rose, I can't let him take you. We don't know what he's going to do," Artheur said worriedly.
"Thank you for worrying about me," she said, an honest smile appeared on her lips. She appreciated Artheur's kindness but she also did not want Artheur to sacrifice himself for her.
Angel realized Rose looked at Artheur gently and smiled at him, somehow his heart burning in jealousy. He knew it was just his irrational and his personal feelings that kept bothering him and he realized this only happened when Rose was around him, so he decided to settle this quickly. He approached Artheur, extended his hand and released his dark aura.
"I accept your challenge. With one condition, if I win you can't meet her again. In return, I won't use my weapon or my power. Do you agree?" From Prince Curtis, he already knew the Fallensoar Family's weakness so he was not afraid even if he had to face Artheur without his power.
"I agree," answered Artheur.
Angel and Artheur walked to the middle of the hall, both of them took off their blazer and rolled up their sleeves. They stopped and stared at each other as they took an attack stance.
"I will defeat you!" said Artheur as he threw his punch. Angel swiftly dodged, caught Artheur's arm and slammed him to the floor. Although he was not as strong as Artheur but he was a Reinheart's descendant, he had his speed as his advantage.
Artheur got up to his feet and punched him.
Angel brushed him, he quickly grabbed Artheur's head with his hands, banged to his knee and kicked it.
Artheur fell and was breathing heavily. But a second later, he back to his feet, he quickly threw a high kick. Angel avoided him. Artheur spun around and kicked him again. Angel caught his leg, pulled him and punched his neck.
Artheur coughed. Before he could fight back, Angel strangled him and pushed him against the floor.
"Prince Artheur, are you satisfied now?" Angel said as he tightened his hands. He couldn't use his power so he had to knock him out by choking him.
While Artheur's hands were trying to get Angel's hands off him.
"Stop it!" screamed Rose and ran to them. She tried to pull Angel's hands away from Artheur's neck.
"Angelus Raizel, you won. Please let him go," she pleaded.
Angel knew that even though he only wanted to make Artheur pass out, in Rose's eyes, he looked like he was trying to kill Artheur.
Not wanting to create any deeper misunderstandings, Angel released his hands from Artheur and grabbed Rose's hand.
"Prince Artheur, according to our agreement. She is not your fiancé anymore." Without further ado, he pulled her away.
Artheur back to his feet, even though he realized he had lost and injured. But his pride didn't allow him to give up.
"I haven't lost yet!" he said as he threw another kick.
Angel released his hand, turned around and countered Artheur's kick with his kick, made their legs collide in the mid-air, while their eyes pierced each other. Then he quickly ducked down, threw a low spinning sweep, making Artheur fall and tried to stomp him.
Meanwhile, King Esteve realized that Artheur was pushing himself too much and immediately advanced through Euphorion troops' siege towards Artheur. He crossed his arms in front of him, holding Angel's kick from reaching Artheur.
"Angelus Raizel, you have won. I hope you can forgive my son's impudence," said King Esteve as he stared at Angel sharply.
Angel was silent for a moment, somehow King Esteve reminded him of his father who was still protecting him to his death.
'Father ...' Angel turned around and returned to pull Rose's hand without saying else, his emotions overflowed.
"Let me go!" Rose screamed, struggling.
But Angel kept walking as he pulled her. 
She struggled even harder.
"Artheur !!!" she screamed, her eyes still stuck at Artheur who looked at her weakly. Guilt enveloped her heart. Although this fight was Artheur's will but he was fighting for her, at least she wanted to treat him.
Meanwhile, as Rose kept calling Artheur name, Angel's heart ached even though he tried to get rid of all his personal feelings for her. Unable to hold it anymore, he stopped his steps, secretly took a glance of her with sad eyes.
'Five years ago you tricked me ... And now you have loved another man. Since the beginning, I was never in your heart ... '
He released his hand and she quickly ran towards Artheur without giving him a single glance, like a bird longing for freedom free from its cage.
Angel turned his gaze at them, he saw Queen Thea hugging Artheur who was almost unconscious with tears in her eyes. While Rose examined Artheur's wounds with an anxious expression, King Esteve held Artheur's hand and called out his name.

Suddenly, his heart ached terribly, his hands clenched as he held the pain in his heart. Artheur lost but he was surrounded by his family and loved ones, while his own family only wanted to kill him and the woman he loved clearly hated him. Whereas his duties and responsibilities as a king did not allow him to pursue all of that, all he could do was dedicate his life to his kingdom.

Angel looked away as he was unable to see them anymore. He shifted his gaze to one of his guards.
"Call a doctor for the Fallensoar Family and tell them to stay in Zephyrus for a while. As soon as my business is finished, I will take them back to Draconis." The guard bowed and immediately carried out his orders. While Angel turned his gaze to Flare.
"Flare, I assign you to escort Princess Rose, protect her. After she finished treating Prince Artheur, take her to Euphorion."
"Yes, Your Majesty," Flare replied.
He wrapped his shoulders with his blazer, took his sword and walked towards the hall door followed by Frost and his guards. Today, he felt the same pain as five years ago when he won the hunting competition, he won but he felt completely defeated.


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Patreon-members:
Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, TheMightOfTheMaster, Kyle, Siegrail, • EroMan •, timothy wickham, thedeathnote, Nicholas Zoeger, Ser, Ely, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, babaayagga, Tiago Ferreira, TheAzure, Demahom, Blazin185, Freddie, Dan Vaughan, Meanderaway, Henrique da Silva, tekdry25, Acedia, Tanuki, reaper, Haarderade, Michelle Randall, FlameKingPJm -Gaming, joecifer, The old cubic slime, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, 50hp, MacZeuss, Joshua Tal, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Nemorus, Cloningforfree, Brian Reynaldi, Isaac, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, Drew, Dallas, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, Vhail, Saganatsu and I like books

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️

13