Second Arc (His Art of War) – 80. Dancing In His Palm
618 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 80. Dancing In His Palm

"Well, I still have plenty of time for that, since Princess Rose will be staying in Euphorion after this," he said in a relaxed tone. Again, he said this to provoke Ivetta.

As soon as she heard his words, Ivetta clenched her hands, trying to hold back her anger as her emotions provoked.

'He intends to approach Rose ...' This was bad news for Ivetta because Ivetta knew clearly that Rose still loves Angel. And if they were together, then her chance to take over Zephyrus would be lost.

While Angel noticed Ivetta's face was getting sour.

'Then I'll make your mood even worse.'

"That's enough for today. Thank you for accompanying me for a chat, Lady Ivetta," said Angel, closing their conversation, showing as if he asked Ivetta to accompany him just to find out about Rose, as well as showing his disinterest in her.

Angel just got up from his seat, but Ivetta stopped him.

"Your Majesty, I have something important to say to you," she said, standing up.

"Say it."

"The princess sometimes acts on her mood and ego. So I hope you can understand her," she said this to show Rose's inability without discrediting herself as a slanderer.

"Thank you for your information," he said casually.

Seeing Angel's flat reaction, she added again.

"Also I hope that Your Majesty can treat her well. Our princess is always nice to everyone, that's why Prince Ilex and Prince Artheur fall in love with her." This time she tried to show that even though their first meeting was memorable, Rose had forgotten about it. Even replace him with another man easily.

Hearing Artheur's name, his mind returned when he saw Rose almost kissed Artheur. His jealousy returned but he also knew this was Ivetta's ploy and he shouldn't be provoked by this. Rather than showing his jealousy, he showed his interest and smirked.

"She is an attractive woman. Of course, I will treat her well."

Ivetta's calm began to fade since whatever she said, Angel still showed his interest to Rose.

"Our princess also loves this kingdom. That's why she will get rid of anyone who tries to destroy Zephyrus." She indirectly said that now Rose hated him so much, so if Rose was nice to him, it was because she was trying to destroy him.

Angel's smirk widened, he knew Ivetta's jealousy was peaking.

"Thank you for your warning, but you don't need to remind me."

Seeing Angel's reaction, Ivetta was speechless.

"Then I'll take my leave." Angel turned and walked towards the exit while Ivetta bowed.

Great anger overtook her heart as she stared at Angel out of the room.

'I can't let them be together. I have to do something before it's too late. '

*

*

*

In another room, Rose got up from her seat when King Eudon entered the room.

"Uncle," she said. She was relieved since King Eudon was fine.

"How's Artheur?" asked King Eudon as he walked over to her.

"He'll be fine," said Rose as she turned her gaze to Artheur, who was fast asleep on the bed. Queen Thea who was sitting next to him also fell asleep in exhaustion.

"What did he say to you?" asked King Esteve, who was sitting on the sofa. Even though he kept his composure, but he couldn't cover the fatigue on his face.

"He forced me to give him the access for 'magic shield'," replied King Eudon.

Rose and King Esteve could only sigh. They had expected Angel to ask for the access,with this Angel could use his full power in this castle now. But King Eudon's next words made them surprise.

"He also ordered his general to take care of the rebels."

Rose and King Esteve turned to King Eudon.

"Really?" asked Rose in disbelief. She didn't expect Angel to go that far.

"Yes, he used his spell and commanded his general before my eyes," said King Eudon.

"I think he just wants to get rid of all potential threats for his authority," King Esteve guessed. After all, rebels were enemies of all rulers.

Rose was speechless. She realized it was the highest possibility but somehow she hoped for something else. But she immediately cast off her thoughts.

'What was I expecting? He couldn't possibly do that to protect me and uncle. After all, he is a king of the enemy kingdom. Whatever he does, it must have to do with his kingdom interests. '

While Flare who stood, leaning her back against the wall continued to listen to their conversation in silence.

"Did he also go with his general?" asked King Esteve.

"No, he's chatting with one of our noble ladies now," replied King Eudon.

King Esteve frowned in confusion while Rose's heart started pounding.

"Who do you mean?" she asked. 

"Ivetta," said King Eudon.

When she heard Ivetta's name, Rose's heart beat faster and her worry was clearly visible on her face.

King Eudon noticed it.

"Calm down. I think he's just having a light chat with her," King Eudon calmed her down. He guessed Angel was just trying to get information about him and Rose from those who were closest to them, to make sure they weren't lying. Even though he had been worried about Ivetta before but his worries disappeared after seeing Angel's attitude in the magic room earlier, King Eudon could see that Angel was not an unreasonable person who could act based on his emotions.

But even with King Eudon's words, at least Rose wanted to make sure Ivetta was fine, but of course, she realized with her current situation that wouldn't be easy. She turned to Flare.

"General, I would like to see my friend for a moment. Can you accompany me?"

Seeing Rose's restless expression, Flare realized that it was pointless to forbid her.

"But on one condition, she can't get too close to you and I'm allowed to listen to all your conversations." She decided to find out how close them were.

And Rose agreed to it since she had no other choice.

" Fine. "

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Patreon-members: 

Baggas Agusta, Jason Dionne, Jetdy S, nitrham, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Lodur, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Jean Claude Dore, Tamashii, Kushar Dipesh, Fariavnf, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, Kemizle, rusty lewis, Sleay, Alex, Carlos Carballo, Jacob Weidner, Marco Antonio Menon Januario, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Maian, _Sup, Robbie stobie, Jay96, spiritjeppe, noah stevens, Thomas Anderson, MadGod, Bärtsi, Grangel, Simon Preiß, Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, Kyle Siegrail, timothy wickham, Ser, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, Tiago Ferreira, Demahom, Blazin185, Dan Vaughan, Meanderaway, tekdry25, Acedia, Tanuki, reaper, Haarderade, joecifer, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, Corgi McStumperson, 50hp, MacZeuss, Joshua Tal, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Cloningforfree, Brian Reynaldi, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, Drew, Dallas, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, Vhail, saganatsu, Freddie and I like books. 

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page

My Discord

13