Second Arc (His Art of War) – 89. Uncertain Feeling
479 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 89. Uncertain Feeling
Rose walked down the corridor accompanied by Frost and Flare as well as the Euphorion troops. Her hand grasped the black Euphorion Blazer that covered her body. Her feelings were turbulent and her mind was filled with many things. Today Angel not only spared her life twice but also took care of the rebellion in her kingdom seriously. She knew that in order to free her kingdom from Euphorion she had to kill Angel. But now, after seeing Angel's kindness her heart wavered.
Was he an enemy? Or was he a friend? But one thing for certain, now that she knew Angel had the same feelings as her. Unconsciously, a smile began to appear on her lips. Between her sadness and anger, there was a strange sense of happiness that made her feel that this situation was not that bad and there was a bright hope for Zephyrus' peace.
Meanwhile, Frost and Flare exchanged glances in confusion at Rose's smile. Her assassination attempt failed but why was she smiling? Was it because Angel forgave her? Or because she had other plans? But one for sure, seeing her recklessness earlier, they should be more careful with her.
They arrived in front of her chamber and Rose turned to them.
"Thank you for escorting me. Good night."
They answered her with lowered their heads.
Rose turned and was just about to enter her chamber but Flare followed her. She stopped and turned around.
"General Flare, what does this mean?" she asked in a displeased tone. This was her room, no one was allowed to enter a royal family's room without permission.
"His Majesty seems to value you, If I don't take good care of you, I'm afraid that he will be angry at me," replied Flare. Previously Rose disappeared from her room and appeared in Angel's room without any ruckus or sounds, so Frost and Flare guessed her room was connected to Angel's room. And since they didn't know where the secret passage was, Flare decided to stay in her room to make sure she didn't try to kill Angel again.
"I can take care of myself. I hope you can leave now." Again, Rose said it with a displeased tone. She knew Flare wanted to make sure she didn't disappear like before. But she currently didn't have any weapons. Even the poison knives on her waist were gone. After all, right now she had given up her intention for killing Angel, but of course, she couldn't say it directly.
Flare lowered her head.
"Forgive me, Your Highness. I can't. With your permission or not I'll stay here. Besides, if you want to meet His Majesty you just need to tell me, there's no need to disappear like before." Despite her polite gesture, but she said it in a firm tone, indicating she wouldn't back down no matter what.
Rose sighed in exasperation. She had no other reason to reject her. Also, she realized Flare knew that she tried to kill Angel earlier but Flare could not do anything because Angel said that she just wanted to meet him to say goodbye. Rose turned and stepped into her chamber.
"Suit yourself."
Flare smirked and followed her. But then a guard ran hastily toward them, stopping their steps. He bowed to them.
"General, there is an urgent message from His Majesty," said the guard as he handed Flare a letter.
"Thank you," said Flare as she took the letter and opened it. She read it along with Frost and stowed it in her blazer.
"You may leave."
The guard bowed and left.
"Did something happen?" asked Rose curiously.
"Nothing. It's just a message from His Majesty to take good care of you on our journey," said Flare as she turned to Rose.
"Fine." Although she didn't believe it, but she couldn't force Flare to say it either.
After they entered her chamber, Rose took off Angel's blazer. His scent that was still clearly left there tickled her nose. Her eyes stared at the blazer in her hand as her thoughts returned to the earlier incident.
'But I must admit ... That day I searched for you at every corner of Golden Light Castle to see you once again.'
Those words repeated in her head and Rose could recall his sincerity from his eyes. Her mind returned to the rumours she had heard long before this war began. Rumours about the new King Euphorion who didn't want to get married even though he was twenty-two years old. In fact, the rule stated that if the royal family did not have any successors, a king could marry even if he had not reached that age. Even though she knew Euphorion had different rules, especially regarding the throne, she heard that all of the Euphorion nobles supported Angel to get married as soon as possible.
'Does he think of me just like I think of him?'
As that thought crossed her head, her heart pounded again. Everything was mixed up in her, a feeling that made her completely uncertain. Even she was confused about what she really wanted. There was a part of her that wanted to be with him and her love continued to flare up every time Angel did something to help her or her kingdom. But on the other hand, her honour, her duty and her failure to protect her kingdom refused it. She shouldn't fall in love with a king from an enemy kingdom let alone want to be with him. Because that was no different from betraying her own kingdom.
Flare was watching Rose and staring at her in confusion. This time she didn't see the anger that she saw when she accompanied Rose to meet Ivetta earlier. But this time she could see a clear doubt in her eyes. This gaze was the same gaze she had seen in the hall earlier, especially when Rose stared at Angel approaching her.
“Ehem…” Flare cleared her throat and Rose's mind was dispersed by it.
Rose gave Angel's blazer to Flare.
"I don't know if I'll have a chance to see him again or not. So I think I'll leave this to you." Somehow she wanted to calm her heart first before meeting him again.
Flare took a glancé at the blazer before turning her gaze back to Rose.
"His Majesty has asked you to return this blazer to him tomorrow morning. So I think you should return this blazer directly."
Rose gripped the blazer in her hand tightly. That meant she had to see him one more time tomorrow. With this turbulent feeling, she didn't know what to do if she met him again, besides… If she returned this blazer in public, wouldn't that attract the other's attention? But of course, she had no reason to reject it since Angel has lent it out of his kindness.
"All right. I'll return this in the morning."
13