Second Arc (His Art of War) – 100. Theatre’s Play I
533 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second Arc (His Art of War) - 100. Theatre's Play I
Duke Bartlet snorted in impatience.
"He's too much!" Even though he was pissed off, he still kept his voice low. They had been waiting for an hour but the servant or guard had not told them when Angel would meet them.
"Be patient," Ivetta tried to calm him down. She also never waited this long, since Rose always gave her a warm welcome every time she visited the castle.
A second later, the sound of the door opening came and Angel entered the room. With alacrity, they stood and bowed.
"Your Majesty."
Angel replied to them with a slight nod and sat indifferently on the single sofa.
"Isn't the meeting this afternoon? Why are you here?" he asked.
"I'm coming to introduce you to an important noble who could help you, Your Majesty." Ivetta turned to Duke Bartlet beside her.
"This is Duke Bartlet Drust Ravenstone. One of the most influential nobles in the Zephyrus. He is one of His Majesty King Eudon's trusted nobles and has helped the Heart Family to protect Zephyrus."
Duke Bartlet bowed once again with a smile.
"Thank you for giving your time to meet with us, Your Majesty."
Angel replied his greeting with a smirk.
"What do you want to talk about," he said in a relaxed tone.
Since Angel had already asked their purpose, so they started their plan.
"Your Majesty, I, Duke of Ravenstone, representing Zephyrus' nobles come here to apologize to you for our king's reckless decision," said Duke Bartlet. He deliberately brought up King Eudon's decision to give his family poison.
"How do you know about that?" asked Angel. Even though he knew they were the ones who were helping Ilex, Angel wanted to know what their excuse was.
"We've been suspecting this ever since we heard about how Pearl Gate City's condition is, Your Majesty. Only Zephyrus royal family's poison that comes to my mind," replied Duke Bartlet. He had prepared this answer in advance.
"It's strange. I never gave any statement or information regarding how Pearl Gate City's condition is. I only stated that the city was destroyed after being attacked by another kingdom overnight," said Angel.
Despite Angel's words, Duke Bartlet and Ivetta remained calm.
"I heard the news about the city condition from Zephyrus' merchants, Your Majesty." Then Duke Bartlet bowed deeply with a regretful expression.
"I sincerely apologize for our king's decision, Your Majesty. I am sure the king did not think his decision would bring this calamity," he said in an apologetic tone. He was deliberately saying this to make it seem like he was on King Eudon's side.
Ivetta placed her hand on Duke Bartlet's shoulder and looked at him worriedly.
"Your Grace, His Majesty King Eudon must have a good reason for this," she pretended to comfort him.
Duke Bartlet turned his head and looked at her in disappointment.
"Whatever the reason, the king should discuss or at least tell us beforehand. At this rate, I'm afraid Zephyrus' people and the other nobles will complicate his position as ruler." Then he lowered his head.
"If I found this from the start, I could have prevented him from doing it."
Ivetta released her hand and also lowered her head in disappointment.
"I know ... I wonder if Princess Rose also knows about this. But why she didn't say anything to me? Even though we are very close ..."
'What a nice theatre's play,'  thought Angel. He knew they were trying to lead to his opinion that the attack was from the Heart Family alone. They didn't even mention Ilex about this. Besides, until now, Angel's power still covered Pearl Gate City and his troops were still guarding the path to that city to prevent anyone from approaching it. So it was clear what Duke Bartlet was saying was a lie.
"I've closed the path since the city was destroyed. How could the merchants get through?"
"Looks like they were near that city when that incident happened, Your Majesty. That's why they were able to arrive before your troops closed the path. But They ran away after seeing the city's state," Duke Bartlet reasoned.
Angel held his laughter at their excuses, but he stayed calm since he still needed more information from them.
"You seem to know a lot. Tell me what you know."


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:
Anthony Gauthier, logan, Jason Voorhees, Glenn Grogan, Justin Levin-Bugher, Gregory Lamberta, Majorana, Dim Dolgopolov, xyz, Alzein, Kiritsuke, Julian Vanderlinde, Bradly, Akhil, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, modislaszlo, Joshyxz., Enes, Luke Satterfield, May Song, TheBroilern, Loki388, Warwulfv, Broheam, Jay Owens, Diego Eduardo Caraballo Ramirez, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Baráth Bálint, christian Mordal Andersen, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Grn, Kevin Caffrey, Felix -Olivier, Mynamejeff, Tobias Speth, ThatOneGuy, Nicolli Elmore, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, Sage Honos, bloodbane 21, Evzen Sichyokno, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ibrahima Diakhaté, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Justin Gamble, Cragen, Dylan, Mohannad Ali Alosaimi, Armod, RedWolf17, Jason Dionne, Jetdy S, nitrham, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Aesop, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Carlos Carballo, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Maian, Robbie stobie, Jay96, spiritjeppe, noah stevens, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Simon Preiß, Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, Kyle, Siegrail, timothy wickham, Ser, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, Demahom, Blazin185, Freddie, Killstroyer, Meanderaway, tekdry25, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, joecifer, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, 50hp, MacZeuss, Joshua Tal, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Nemorus, T-Money, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Drew, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️

14